Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh I main BM now! Class really grew on me after forcing myself to play it for daillies.

It's actually a lot better the more gear you have. Since I've started gearing up and shit, I haven't lost aggro once in a dungeon, other than one time on Hae Mujin because a summoner pulled with his fucking cat but didn't taunt then the FM went balls deep DPS and the boss was only spamming charges instead of spinning so I couldn't get a block off. Even then I somehow got aggro back without the threat buff on after about 30secs of benny hilling after the boss. I miss some stuff from KFM, especially being able to get the threat buff on pull without relying on a block, but otherwise it's really nice.

My main complaint of having shit aoe has been also solved by getting hongmoon levels and more gear. With 52% crit(and I'm still missing a bunch on my soul shield), Honed Slash actually resets Flash Step really quickly, and Flash steps crits often enough that it's basically all I need to clear a pack, and I speced into Tab for aoe burst and replaced the knockdown with yet another aoe, and now I fucking melt group of mobs one after the other np.

That said, pretty much every other BM I group with, and there's a lot of them, is fucking trash. I've only seen one other BM that appeared to be good in BSH24 today as we were fighting for aggro on the bosses. He won quite often though, but in my defense, he had awakened pirate and the hongmoon lightning draw, while I'm still rocking true profane 10, and obviously I don't have 400g to buy a stupid book.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
books are a big pain in the ass to farm, unless you go with a group of friends. Everyone bid on them regardless of the class, so it become impossbile to obtain one unless you are very lucky and end up in a group of poor ppl. Just for this reason im gearing up my summoner, and try to duo up the shit with my gf (forcemaster), or ill just wait up and solo it once the lvl 50 are on place.

Prices right now are crazy ( 400 for bd lightning draw... 300 for warlock lol)

EDIT: just to add about summoner opness in pve, just did whole mushin 1 - 7 (junghado included) with my summoner freshly dinged 45, no belt, blue bracer that dropped in one of the floors, profane set soulshield (its crap ) and awakened profane 10 wpn (junghado was a bit difficult due to me barely having 18.9k hp)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Are Summoners really that strong?

I made some good progress on my BD today after shelving my Destroyer, got blue BSH soul shield, and True Profane weapon, True Infernal Acc's and went to Mushin's -- I made it to Junghado but didn't make any progress on him. It's a huge difference between the similiar geared Destroyer and not being able to kill Augerite.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is getting a Premium membership worth it at 45? I'm still F2P and really haven't felt compelled to get a membership (only level 30). One thing that would be nice is getting some coin from mobs as money is kinda/sorta an issue, but I guess money is always an issue (the main bottleneck) in this game.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are Summoners really that strong?

I made some good progress on my BD today after shelving my Destroyer, got blue BSH soul shield, and True Profane weapon, True Infernal Acc's and went to Mushin's -- I made it to Junghado but didn't make any progress on him. It's a huge difference between the similiar geared Destroyer and not being able to kill Augerite.
yeah summoners are quite powerful. You have an aoe taunt that heal the pet (and reduce its dmg taken by 90%) on a 12 sec cd, that last 8 sec, then you have a 8 sec snare/root and a 5 sec pounce (that decrese mob defense), which basically mean you can keep the mobs away from you 100% of the time theoretically. If you screw up you got a parry that stealth you, and if specced (you should) it parry everything (even aoe that normally you wouldnt be able to).

The dmg is also impressive, specially when you get in overflow state. You have also 2 iframes with beckon (specced) and truefriend (specced, 5hit or 5sec invul), plus the double ss, and dont forget the self healing from dnb and pet. Its a pve machine tbh

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Summoners are pretty strong, yeah. Although I'm loving the summoner heavy meta, because destroyers, well, destroy them in 1v1.

If you had trouble on your destroyer, were you ani-cancelling wrath+RMB too (2-3 points in wrath), and not just normal LMB+RMB? Insane burst damage that way, and it makes a big difference over the course of a fight. Every time you slam or fury, spam the mouse buttons as fast as you can basically. For augerite, just eat the cone aoe and spin parry his rectangle knockdown one. Save your stuns for his red aoe then smash - grab - stomp - slam, then wrath+RMB for a bit before getting out of his aoe and probably grabbing the next buff.

Edit: Dang, looks like we're getting Warlocks sooner than I thought, along with floor 8 and Naryu Labyrinth on March 3rd, two weeks from today. I'm liking this fast content release pace, but it makes sense if they want us caught up to korea for the next world championship.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is getting a Premium membership worth it at 45? I'm still F2P and really haven't felt compelled to get a membership (only level 30). One thing that would be nice is getting some coin from mobs as money is kinda/sorta an issue, but I guess money is always an issue (the main bottleneck) in this game.
Not really, premium isn't that great atm. You get inventory slots to put costumes only which is nice but you could buy some dragon pouches with the money instead, gold drops are nice and add up a couple of golds everyday I wanna say but it's not like a huge deal, although you also get a couple more gold from daillies rewards if you do 40 of them. The inventory everywhere if you're rank4 premium is nice convenience too but it's expensive to get. You get more hongmoon coins out of venture tokens but these are uncommon enough that it doesn't really matter and you get 20reduced upgrade costs which saves quite a lot of gold for infernal+ upgrades, but you need to be rank4 for that too.

I'm not taking another premium at least, don't see much point in it. I took one because for leveling it's pretty nice, gives a bit more xp but more importantly, you get a good amount of money so you can TP around and shit, saves a lot of time on your first char. After that, not so much.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's worth it if you plan to play for a while, but not if you're playing to max and quitting within a month. I have 30+ outfits, so it's nice to store them in the wardrobe, and all the gold benefits add up daily.

BTW, these chests you can buy with hongmoon coins atm are great for increasing your premium rank. Sell some gold on the exchange, buy a bunch of boxes, and you'll likely get some venture tokens to buy even more boxes. Plus the random useful things you'll receive.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I agree that premium is nice to have at some point, so you can store everything in the wardrobe, but then it's like, I never need to take most of these outfits out cause they're ugly as shit anyway. You can buy the 7day premium pack thing for that though. It's like 5bucks, activates premium so you do your storing and whatever else, then you're done. It's not good value compared to 30days, but I don't think you need it active the entire time. I don't think the benefits are worth the money atm at least, not after you've stocked everything in your wardrobe and now that there's no queue to dodge anymore.

I hope they make premium a bit better again. Maybe give some hongmoon coins every day you log in like they do in Taiwan.

And yeah the boxes are good, in theory. I dump whatever hongmoon coins I had left after buying the 23dragon pouches, and got... a bunch of repair tools and a mushin ticket. Out of like 12boxes. I mean some naryu coins too I guess and some moonwater rez charms but mostly garbage. I'll probably keep selling gold for coins and buy them though.

Daily limit on coins exchange sucks, it counts from the moment it sells it seems or whatever, I should have 20slots but I'm already done for today with only 13transactions, I think it counted the 7 from yesterday that didn't sell fast enough or something.

Oh one thing you do miss from premium is having more AH slots. Kinda need to sell in bulks instead of small amounts because of that.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awesome, thanks for the advice on Premium. RL money is not an issue for me, it's more the value I was looking for and running around vs porting to save coin is really starting to annoy me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Naryu Labyrinth which is the new dungeon. 4man and 6man, 4man can drop very rarely legendary weapons, which are better than True Pirate, if you bother upgrading them. Expect absolute stupid prices for them though(they can be sold, or at least the boxes they're in can be sold but not sure you get to pick the weapon so... don't know). Also drops new soul shields, including legendary soul shield set. Mushin himself also drops a new soulshield. And yeah warlock stuff, so that's cool.

I upgraded my BM weap to true siren today. Most of my gold is gone, it sucks
frown.png
I mean, I still have 20transfo stones in progress and like 200g, but it feels poor compared to before. I haven't really noticed the focus difference yet, but I haven't played with it much, only did a solo brightstone/pigsty and then 4man BSH, all of which went well enough. Gonna upgrade my necklace tomorrow as it's the only piece still at infernal, and then I'll start stockpiling money for true pirate. I need to get a pirate sword first anyway. I mean I guess I can just buy keys to force open them but that just keeps adding costs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I appreciate that they're trying to play catch up with Korea, but I think releasing all this shit so quickly is going to cause me to walk away from this one.

What good is working towards something, like completing a soul shield set, when 3 weeks later a new set is going to get released? I'm sure for some serious hardcore grinders this sounds awesome, but to me it just kills any motivation to play.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
They added a Gold -> HM Coin and NCoin -> Gold exchange.

I just hit Hongmoon Store Rank 9 because of those friendship boxes in the HM store, broke about even gold-wise on fabrics. Kinda nuts. Would've went for more but I got everything I need (the remote storage, 30% exp bonus) and my hands were getting tired opening them.

Hit the stack limit on hammers, lol.

337f9d1b24.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I appreciate that they're trying to play catch up with Korea, but I think releasing all this shit so quickly is going to cause me to walk away from this one.

What good is working towards something, like completing a soul shield set, when 3 weeks later a new set is going to get released? I'm sure for some serious hardcore grinders this sounds awesome, but to me it just kills any motivation to play.
Well there's still a sense of progression, it's just accelerated so you don't enter the "grind for perfect rolls on everything" mode if you play casually. Instead you finish a soul shield with ok stats, and new tier is released which you farm more easily with past tier. I don't feel the work I've put in is invalidated because it's not like I'm gonna do Naryu Labyrinth with moonwater honor badge soulshield. I'm glad I farmed blackram so I could farm BSH easily so I can get Naryu easily, still works the same way. But I also didn't bother seeking perfect stats or infusing with "good" stuff either, so I don't feel like I'm losing a whole lot when I'm going to change the set.

It'll probably slow the fuck down once they release the lvl 50 patch though(so the one after). They're rushing atm for pvp parity and balance issues and what not, once it's on lvl 50 version, they can go back to a "normal" release plan with like new shit every 3months or whatever.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
are there any news on the new class they announced that was coming in kr? Not the soul fighter, the one they said it should be completely new and not based on any class/mobs in game?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm trying this, rolled a summoner, so far so good, game is quite fun and pretty intuitive, I have to come to terms with the controls, I guess I'm too used to tab targeting, but I just need a bit of practice.
I'm going to play for a 15-20 levels and then I'm going to give a whirl at a melee class as well, maybe Blade Master instead of Blade Dancer, so I don't play exclusively the small race (even if the models are so damn beatifully animated).

Is there anything that I should purchase or I can just go ahead as f2p and see later? (I mean stuff like rocket boots in Swtor for example).

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Current progress opening boxes. I went on a crazy run with those sparkling venture tokens. I'll continue once the daily limit on the gold exchange is reset.

rrr_img_126986.jpg