Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not yet no, soul fighter came out not long ago so doubt we'll see news until summer or so with the release at the end of the year, that's my guess at least.

Nothing to buy really. Eventually you might be tempted to get some inventory slot(dragon pouches), but you can buy them with gold, although the exchange rate is so so and probably going down further. Only thing I bought so far were a char slot to make a mule and premium for a month for easier time leveling(not necessary, but pretty useful if you plan on sticking with the game, you can buy only a week of it via the signature packs, it's more expensive but it's nice if you don't want a full month), so I spent like 10euros as I had a few NCoins on my account they gave me when they got hacked like 5years ago or whatever. Considering I've been playing all day for a month, it's pretty solid value.
Thanks for the reply. I'll end up buying a char slot or two, because I'm an altoholic and I hate deleting characters.
It's quite an addictive game...

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
That guild name. triggered

just kidding, my 1 man guild is Dindu Nuffin
My online friends and I said, "What's a clan name we can make that will piss everyone off based on the name alone so we get a lot of hate?"

Thus, Exceptional Niqqas was born.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the reply. I'll end up buying a char slot or two, because I'm an altoholic and I hate deleting characters.
It's quite an addictive game...
Do note that they're giving one slot free in a week and a half. They're also adding a new class, so it might not be relevant, but if you don't want to play warlock, then you'd get one free for another class at that point.

I actually got 4 slots myself, I got one for free because they fucked up something with my account when I cancelled my preorder so when I started playing, I had a char slot in the mail(I wanna say it's the one I never looted from beta but no idea really), and bought one. There's a lot of shit to do everyday on every char though, so eventually, you don't play the other chars as much. Like before this patch I was doing a bunch of daillies on all 3 of my chars, but after this patch, I only do daillies on my BM and only do pvp faction daillies on the others(since they're crazy good in terms of time:money). But it's nice leveling each class, can see how they play and all of them are very different, even BD/BM which use similar skills and mechanics, play entirely different.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Downloaded this after trying Black Desert and hating it. This game is pretty fun. Are there any classes one should strictly avoid?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Downloaded this after trying Black Desert and hating it. This game is pretty fun. Are there any classes one should strictly avoid?
I'd avoid BM, as everyone and his dog bitches about them sucking, while the few stand outs say they are fine, and will be great once they get 50 skills, more gear, blah blah blah.

On a more serious note, no, there's nothing you should avoid at all... Ping withstanding.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, maybe I just suck or have a horrible build, but do any other Destroyers get absolutely shitstomped in 1v1, matched up against BDs? It's almost to the point where I might as well just stand there and eat my loss. It's honestly the only class I run into where I feel like I have absolutely no shot. The only other class that comes close to that level of dominance against me in 1s is KFM, but even them I feel like I can win 25% or so of the time? I've literallyneverbeat a decently skilled BD as my Destroyer.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm a BD in 1850 in I haven't lost to a Destroyer in ages, so I wouldn't know what to reccommend to you lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started PvPing, beat half a dozen of destroyer bots and a couple of really bad players, #500 BM. I'm pretty sure I can get top200 without getting to plat.

Just fucking around for the daillies/soulstones. It's so hard not using the shit the same way I'm using it in pve though. Enter Draw stance? Time to ani canc... fuck here goes my flicker stun. Blade Call? Quick let's C so I can C again before it ends and... Oh nvm this is a daze wasted on an airborne opponent. Omg my Flash Step is up, let's press F... Wait why did I do that.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, maybe I just suck or have a horrible build, but do any other Destroyers get absolutely shitstomped in 1v1, matched up against BDs? It's almost to the point where I might as well just stand there and eat my loss. It's honestly the only class I run into where I feel like I have absolutely no shot. The only other class that comes close to that level of dominance against me in 1s is KFM, but even them I feel like I can win 25% or so of the time? I've literallyneverbeat a decently skilled BD as my Destroyer.
Yep, it sucks. They counter us hard. Spec 1 for the parry pierce, z for the parry pierce drag, and then massively outplay them. And then still usually lose.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I decided to play Force Master, so far it's a lot of fun, it's amazing at soloing and it can take down singles and groups equally well. I'm still a noob, just level 15, I'm trying to get to the damn chapter 17 so I can spec something. Considering I solo a lot I was thinking of going ice, at least at the beginning.
I think I should be able to enter a dungeon as well now, but the dungeon panel is not noob friendly, it doesn't give a level range nor it does say what am I supposed to do (queue and be teleported or find the place on my legs?).

I have a couple questions if you can help me:

1) I keep finding sealed equipment and very few items to open such seals. I usually offer them to my weapon (which is now maxed and I can't upgrade it further until level 20), now I have a bunch left and nothing to use them on? Should I unseal? Shard them? (I usually get vendor junk most of the times). I upgraded a bit also a necklace that I found, but that doesn't take weapons to evolve, only trinkets/rings, etc.

2) Soul shields: I can't equip a second shield, even if it says alternate, etc. it looks like I can only use one. What am I missing?

3) Crafting: anything worth taking? Gathering?

Thanks.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
1) dont bother to unseal items that you aint gonna use (only unseal wpns and jewelry needed for stage 5 -> 6 and stage 10 -> 1). Rest salvage it, you will need the dust you obtain by salvaging soulshield to enchant your own, and the dust from wpn and jewels to craft elements (to increase wpn/jewel experience at max lvl). At high lvl using wpn and jewel as offering is a waste of gold.

2) its like a double equip. Think of soulshield as your armor equipment, you can have 2 set of armor (1 offensive 1 defensive, 1 for solo 1 for pvp etc etc) and switch as situation dictate.

3) crafting is important, but you can get everything with gold. Id take pottery and then either jewelcrafting (very easy to make money with diamonds, and its easy to craft, as you can craft purple pentagonal diamonds at tier 2, that goes for 30 35 gold at market), or the one that craft soulshield and transformation stones (you will need tons of those at max lvl). Also one that craft unsealing charm is ok, so up to ya.

EDIT: few more things.

By dungeon panel you mean dungeon lobby (xserver que?) the one you press f8? once you select the dungeon you want to do you will be ported to a small area that will have a bank, repair, merchant and 1 portal that will lead to the dungeon you chose (it will also have a quest npc on the entrance side that will give ya a quest for that dungeon if you meet the pre requisite). You can que from whenever and when you done and exit the lobby you will reappear where you que from.

Bout forcemaster, dont think it as wow where you either spec fire or frost or arcane. Force master its all about mixing the 2 its a costant shift between the 2 stance with the lb/rb keys). Fire is for dps, ice has your defensive cd. there are plenties of good tutorial on youtube.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
My inventory is full of random soul shields I have gotten while leveling. Is it worth it while leveling to keep any of them or should I just salvage them all to save inventory?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
therer are achievements related to full soulshield sets (you have to wear the various full set once of various region), but if you not into it dont bother, and salvage all. What i do for ss while i lvl generally is the blue set from the first wheel, then i change with jadestone one (lvl 20), then purple on from the first dungeon if i manage to get the full set while farming for the wpn (i generally solo it), then the one from scorching sand desert mihara;s miragevendor ( there are two one lvl 28 one lvl 32 or 36 cant recall, i know i use pinchy ss set to enchant the one i buy from the vendor). After it either tomb of the exile one to profane, and then either farm bsh/mushin (if you find it hard farn those 2 you can farm poharan 24 set).

EDIT: if you dont have crit primer from tradeskill, just keep the green soulshield that drop from poh24 and 4/6, they all crit based and work wonder as a cheap crit enhancment for your main one.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
You solo the first dungeon? I can't even imagine. It took me like 3 hours with a group yesterday to finally get my weapon to drop. While I could solo everything in there at 22, I wouldn't want too, it would take forever!

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
My inventory is full of random soul shields I have gotten while leveling. Is it worth it while leveling to keep any of them or should I just salvage them all to save inventory?
Salvage the random shit whites/greens, and the odd blue that's a dungeon set.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
3hours with a group? depending on the class, you can solo pretty easily, you just need to know how to deal wih bosses. doesnt really take forever either (some classes slower than others...sin/summoners being the fastest), never timed it but didnt feel more than 20min.

I always solo the dungeons the first run (if i can obv,tomb of the exile i soloed at 37 with sin/summ, as bd i did it at 39 but after getting the wpn upgrade), so i dont have to enter into a bid contest for the jewelry

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Nyn, he's talking about multiple runs to get the weapon to drop. In 3 hours, he could have run it 20+ times.

If you're not an assassin or a summoner, soloing Narrows or Tomb (heroic dungeons) at the required level isn't a reasonable expectation. Shit, it's barely a reasonable expectation for any class at the required level.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Yes, with a group it took me over 20 runs to get my staff for the summoner from Blackram Narrows. I leveled from 20 to 22 in a group in that dungeon
frown.png
I'm not sure I could have soloed it in any amount of reasonable time. I had all the jewelry in there without issue by the 4th run though iirc only one of them (the necklace) is used for an upgrade.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started PvPing, beat half a dozen of destroyer bots and a couple of really bad players, #500 BM. I'm pretty sure I can get top200 without getting to plat.

Just fucking around for the daillies/soulstones. It's so hard not using the shit the same way I'm using it in pve though. Enter Draw stance? Time to ani canc... fuck here goes my flicker stun. Blade Call? Quick let's C so I can C again before it ends and... Oh nvm this is a daze wasted on an airborne opponent. Omg my Flash Step is up, let's press F... Wait why did I do that.
So I'm playing a Summoner and when I PvP I can pretty much roll my face over the keyboard and win. The LFD, PvP making system, everything in this game is so damn convenient which is what I'm looking for (actually what I expect) at my old age. Only thing that sucks is the overland travel speed (when sprint is on cooldown), but meh, 1st world problems.