Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I only got to play a little bit last night, so I played a FM/Assassin/Destroyer to 6 or so. I really liked the speed of the assassin. The destroyer seemed slow, but I can see how powerful they may be 1v1. The FM is just strange. Seems like they are very basic taking a look at their abilities. Seems like you have to pay attention to stacks of stuff for damage. Not sure I would enjoy that.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah FM, for PVE, you need to watch for 5 fire stacks(and spec burning and related abilities). For pvp its all about 3 stack chill and chaining KB/mini stuns with it.

It can be really frustrating if there are other FMs who detonate stacks before 5 or don't have burning specc'd.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Was bored and looking for stuff to play over the holidays.
Bought the founder pack - then realized there is no more beta to play....
Serves me right for leaping before I look. At least I can try head start.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Was bored and looking for stuff to play over the holidays.
Bought the founder pack - then realized there is no more beta to play....
Serves me right for leaping before I look. At least I can try head start.
You can also get a refund if you contact customer support.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
fromhttps://forums.bladeandsoul.com/foru...ade-soul-team/

The Blade & Soul team would like wish you and your family happy holidays! During this time, the team will be spending the rest of the year with their families. Customer Support will be available to take your inquiries but keep in mind that response times may be slower during this period.

Upcoming Events
January 11: Name Reservation begins
EU servers open: 6pm UTC
NA servers open: 6pm PST
January 14, 10am PST: Name Reservation ends
January 15, 10am PST/6pm UTC: Head Start begins
January 19, 12:01am EST/5am UTC: Blade & Soul launches and Founder?s Pack sales end

Server Names
We would like to announce the server names that will be available at Head Start and launch! Be sure to pick your servers wisely as server transfers will not be available at launch.

North American Servers:

Master Hong
Iksanun
Mushin
Jiwan
Poharan
Yehara
Hajoon
Old Man Cho
Soha
Juwol

European Servers:

Ebon Hall
Windrest
Cardinal Gates
Wild Springs
Starfall Crater
Hao District
[DE] Frostgipfel
[DE] Bambusdorf
[DE] Windweide
[FR] Dokumo
[FR] Ogong
[FR] Hogdonny

Stay safe and warm this holiday season. We?ll see you next year!

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So what's the server?
We're going to be playing on Mushin (Cerulean) if you're interested. Mushin & Master Hong will be the highest pop servers for NA but I'd rather play on an active server since queues and such are only a big factor for the first week or so.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So how is this shaping up? Does it look like it could have some longevity or like the last few MMOs that burn out after a few months?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot depends on how fast they release content.

Hopefully some middle ground between too quick and too slow. I am sure a lot will do everything in a week then storm the forums demanding more be opened soon(most of them having already done it all on other servers).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious if that's actually needed or more of "recommend this to have the least chance of problems".

Also mushin is going to be crowded as fuck :p

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Mushin will be super crowded for a month, then a ton of people will stop playing and all the servers will be dead except Mushin lol

Wage

Molten Core Raider
Is there a reason to even want to be on a busy server in this game? Seems like almost everything is cross server instances fort he most part. And even in the open world an area doesn't get very many people in it before it gets split off into a different channel.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a large dragon world boss kind of thing. More people for that is better since it dies faster, although I think people can also fuck it up for everyone so not sure. And world PvP if that's your thing, but world pvp in this game is awful as shit due to not normalizing damage like arena from what I understand, so again less people is probably better so you just do your daillies without anyone bothering you and be done.

Guild and shit too, especially for the harder pve content.

I don't know about this game though, I really like it, but I don't feel like I should bother playing it until they increase the level cap and what not. I think I'm gonna cancel my pack and just play it later if I feel like I want to. Bunch of stuff in that pack(medium one) I don't feel I need either so not sure it's the best use of money, besides obviously the headstart which is a big deal.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also iirc the AH(market) isn't cross server, so healthy pop server is very good in that regard.

I love world pvp(I hate people who just want to do their PVP dailies but not actually pvp), so a healthy server is good to have.

Once it gets later in the game with raids and 4 man stuff, not sure how feasible cross-server queues will be for things like that. Most likely you will need to do groups on your server for the more difficult things.

As for waiting you could, there isn't much content starting out and given the games ease at getting max level and not to difficult aspect of getting good items(not BiS obviously), jumping into the game at a later date isn't some huge chore to try and catch up.

Playing games at launch is a big part of the appeal for me personally. Thankfully my work project ends on the 13th.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I will probably be playing B&S casually, so the initial longevity of the game doesn't matter too much to me. I know the world PvP in B&S is horribly unbalanced but I still love it, especially the little PvP areas where you collect tokens from killing NPCs and take them back to your faction camp. There's no penalty for dying in open world PvP (aside from gear damage), so it's easy to drop in and drop out.

And you always gotta play on the highest pop server for that sweet server drama. That's just a given.

Wage

Molten Core Raider
I enjoy world PvP, which is making me think about choosing Mushin. But playing the beta, it seemed the zones instanced out into separate channels pretty quickly. If Mushin just has "PvP daily land" channel 1 through 20, each with 40 players while a lesser server has "PvP daily land" channel 1 through 4 each with 40 players...seems like about the same thing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it has channels, so doesn't make much of a diff. And damage in world pvp is stupidly high from what I've seen, as in you die near instantly and while 1vs1 you can tab out of CC, when you have 5people all using CC on you at the same time, you're basically not moving at all. So I don't know, it doesn't seem like an important feature in this game compared to other, it's really balanced in arena but in world pvp it looks really shit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
World pvp is always insanely unbalanced, in every game. Nature of the beast. Since you cannot control numbers and or character power. Not sure I would call it "Shit", it's just a different form of pvp.