Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you don't like the original or think it's slow etc, then you'll feel the same about this one. Dragged in places and storyline doesn't make any sense and isn't explained.

6/10, visuals and soundtrack best thing about it
You must have been drunk or gone to the rest room too many times. Story was quite clear. As far as being slow, well, world building and thematic, fits with the original, some like it, some don't. Fair.

Was pretty damn good, if you liked the original, you'll love it easily. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Gosling is a perfect Replicant.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You must have been drunk or gone to the rest room too many times. Story was quite clear. As far as being slow, well, world building and thematic, fits with the original, some like it, some don't. Fair.

Was pretty damn good, if you liked the original, you'll love it easily. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Gosling is a perfect Replicant.

You might want to spoiler that, lol

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Zinc

Trakanon Raider
Just downloaded the soundtrack and it's brilliant...not sure why they've included 'Tears in the Rain' But I guess I'll find out Monday when I go see it in the newly opened iMax near me.

And for the spoiler above I kinda figured that from all the trailers lol. But lets see what Monday brings.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
He gets his head smashed through a wall in the very first scene in the movie. It's not exactly a spoiler, since it doesn't give away the plot, or really any significant part of what happens in the movie. It is in no way ambiguous, like whether Deckard is a replicant or not.

Though the fact that Leto's character gives no fucks about him (Deckard) other than the information he might have relating to the whereabouts of his daughter, and that he's constantly getting his ass kicked by regular replicants, yet Leto was wholly interested in Rachel's bones, and even more so, the daughter. But not Deckard? I mean, even if he was ultimately human, you'd think there would be something special about his DNA, too, if it allowed him to reproduce with a certified replicant.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Was pretty damn good, if you liked the original, you'll love it easily. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Gosling is a perfect Replicant.

ok then
if Deckard is a replicant

I was surprised when I heard it, knowing that info beforehand would have removed the surprise, therefore discussing it openly without tags is unfair on people who haven't seen it

Lol at another person thinking time of scene makes a difference.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
of course it's a spoiler if it's something NOT KNOWN UNTIL ACTUALLY WATCHING THE FILM FIRST SCENE OR LAST SCENE IS IRRELEVANT.

rofl
Dude, at least it isn't like the No Game No Life screenings (subtitled japanese movie) last night where they literally had 25 minutes of interviews with the english dub actors who proceeded to spoil everything that happened to their characters before the movie even started.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The first scene of a movie that people haven't seen is a spoiler. Can everyone at least wait till fucking monday to reveal shit?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The people warning that this movie was almost impossible to talk about in any detail without spoiling weren't joking.

It sure channels all the best parts of the original hard. So much so that I'm not sure just how much someone who hasn't seen the original (and liked it) will enjoy this sequel. Though I agree it's the better of the two movies. It tackles some of the same philosophical questions in a much more thoughtful and interesting way.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I guess Villneuve delivers again. That guy makes awsome movies. Looking forward to watching this in the cinema. I just hope this doesnt bomb horribly and is gone before my movie watching friend comes back from holidays.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone else was mentioning the music for this, and forgot to mention how good it was. The atmosphere, everything just was enhanced by the soundtrack. Really want to go see this again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone watch the previews, or any of the short films? If you're gonna spoiler my comment, at least spoiler all the quotes.
I'd even say going into it knowing he's a Replicant would make you question a key facet of the story even more so than it is already presented. Not like I mentioned the interaction with Edward James character where he said, "It's something in his eyes," about Deckard's character. Guess I'm glad I saw the first available screening either way. Apparently I can't tell what people will consider a spoiler and get butthurt over.

How many movies has Gosling said the line "I'd like to ask you a few question"...?