Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That would probably bomb there to. Doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would have enough thoughtless spectacle.

khorum

Murder Apologist
My favorite BR2049 poster is from some whole other shade of rangrang too. I havent found an english version of this:

Wu07VAAx_o.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Reminds me of Akira. I like it.
I get the Akira thing but I love this one mainly because it's still as monochrome as the others but it's not as "flat" as the duststorm/vegas posters or the polychrome US one.

A coworker found a print of that poster but none in English. It's weird if that's the only locale that ran it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Three by two feet is pretty cool... basically a regular poster in landscape. I wish there was an even wider one like the Thai poster.

Agreed. Would be nice to have a version where the back end of the car isn't cropped out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

You'd probably have to get an actual IMAX theater poster for those dimensions.

Here's an English version in that ratio if anyone would like it for a desktop though:

blade_runner_2049_textless_poster_by_hform-dbq0v0i.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
We already know chinese loooove shitty bombastic movies.

Well I am guessing a shitty effects explosion type move translates both better and easier into chinese so not to shocking really.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good point about Cylons but Replicants are organic; literally synthetic humans. They're grown in vats until they're adult-sized like that chick born in the movie. So they'd be ideal for shipping to some other planet as a frozen embryo.

Wallace was talking about producing them in the trillions to colonize millions of stars. We wouldn't fly giant replicant factories out there, too inefficient for its ratios. They'd just send them out to candidate planets as frozen embryos and have them stay frozen in orbit while robots prep the site. The idea has been bouncing around more or less in that form since Freeman Dyson thought of seedship colonization for NASA.

It also is why he is so desperate to figure out replicant reproduction. That way you can send less to start any given planet and have them breed up the population on planet. Even with factories sent to each world his problem is he can't make replicants fast enough for what he wants to do. But if his slave labor crop can actually breed and make more of their own then the sky is pretty much the limit. They are stronger/faster/less prone to disease and basically better than human across the board.

I really liked the movie but I can easily see some would not. It is not a light fluffy action flick romp.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was pretty awesome. Possibly the best looking movie ever. The world-building was fricking incredible. Everything was futuristic but realistic.

Anyway, I don't buy a fucking single word of any "movie lost money" rumors. Ever heard of Hollywood Accounting? These are the same people that laughably said Forest Gump, Spider Man, Lord of The Rings, and Harry Potter "lost money" in order to dick people out of royalties. Yeah there are actual box-office-bombs but this isn't even in the ballpark.

Hollywood accounting - Wikipedia

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Was pretty awesome. Possibly the best looking movie ever. The world-building was fricking incredible. Everything was futuristic but realistic.

Anyway, I don't buy a fucking single word of any "movie lost money" rumors. Ever heard of Hollywood Accounting? These are the same people that laughably said Forest Gump, Spider Man, Lord of The Rings, and Harry Potter "lost money" in order to dick people out of royalties. Yeah there are actual box-office-bombs but this isn't even in the ballpark.

Hollywood accounting - Wikipedia

Hmm, that's interesting. Fucking Hollywood: get raped physically, or get raped financially.

Can't wait to happily give my movie for a nice Blu-Ray version of this soon.

• 2Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Was seriously skeptical about a Bladerunner sequel and then this shit happened.

Best sci fi movie I've seen in I don't know how long.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I don't have the sound system to recreate the experience of my balls quivering with every wide shot.

*BEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW* :emoji_sweat_smile:

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Royal

Blade Runner was my first experience with Dolby ATMOS at a new theater that just opened near me. I kinda felt sorry for those at the screen that shared a wall with the one I was in. It had to be shaking the building down to it's foundation so I'm pretty sure they could hear it over whatever they were watching.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Blade Runner was my first experience with Dolby ATMOS at a new theater that just opened near me. I kinda felt sorry for those at the screen that shared a wall with the one I was in. It had to be shaking the building down to it's foundation so I'm pretty sure they could hear it over whatever they were watching.

We were waiting outside the ATMOS theater while the earlier showing was finishing, and it was hilarious because people walking out of the other movies to go to the bathroom and what not would be startled at how loud the Blade Runner showing was. Luckily, once seated, the audio was very comfortable.

• 1Like