Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
1/16/18

That's your Blu-ray release date. Will include all of the prologue shorts that came out in the lead up to the movie.

Digital release is the day after Christmas.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

This is where whoever holds the rights usually steps in. Other directors have tried to pull this BS before. If the blu-ray sales are strong enough it could see a 2nd release down the road with these cuts if the studio forces it.

Support this blu-ray and it could potentially pay off.

"The first assembly of the film was nearly four hours and for convenience sake and – to be honest – my bladder’s sake, we broke it into two for viewings," Walker said. "That break revealed something about the story – it’s in two halves. There’s K discovering his true past as he sees it and at the halfway mark he kind of loses his virginity. (laughs) The next morning, it’s a different story [...]We toyed with giving titles to each half but quickly dropped that. But what does remain is that there’s something of a waking dream about the film."

Fuuuuck 2 Bladerunner movies with 2 separate titles. Don't. Fucking. Do. This. To. Us.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm still waiting for my black and white silent Fury Road cut.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eh, it isn't like it is more expensive than other movies.

It's Blade Runner, which was a divisive movie when it got released. And this is a sequel 30 years later, but it is still Blade Runner. Add in the word of mouth that this is a long ass movie with little action, and that the resolution might make you feel a bit upset (easily 1/2 of the audience when I saw it last Thursday left with audible "WTF was that?" type conversations, and not the good kind) and I can see this not going well for a movie going experience. Saw some couples at the showing and you could tell the dudes knew fairly quickly into the movie that they made a poor decision.

I loved it, but then I love Blade Runner anyway. I'm definitely not some pretentious art-fag who thinks their opinion is better than others, but it had a lot of cool visuals and I liked the storytelling, especially the tragic-hero ending.

But it is very, very easy to see why this isn't doing well.

just watched it and was going through the thread and wanted to reply to this sentiment.

blade runner is an amazing sci-fi BOOK. it's a terrible sci-fi MOVIE. you go back 50 years and guys like isaac asimov were writing all kinds of sci-fi stories just like blade runner, but somewhere along the line, sci-fi movies have to be cool space lasers and explosions. i really enjoyed blade runner 2049, though i don't think the original really was that great. well let me rephrase, i think it was great for it's time but it hasn't aged well. i think this one took a lot of the same existentialism of the first one but made it a lot more subtle and nuanced and i think it was a better story for it.

but again, the general audience doesn't understand what sci-fi started off as, the same way they don't understand what fantasy started off as. fantasy is all about wizards and magic and elves and that's it, and sci-fi is the same, but space elves and/or space magic/explosions. people hear the term sci-fi and fantasy and they expect action when those terms don't have to have anything to do with action.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
just watched it and was going through the thread and wanted to reply to this sentiment.

blade runner is an amazing sci-fi BOOK. it's a terrible sci-fi MOVIE. you go back 50 years and guys like isaac asimov were writing all kinds of sci-fi stories just like blade runner, but somewhere along the line, sci-fi movies have to be cool space lasers and explosions. i really enjoyed blade runner 2049, though i don't think the original really was that great. well let me rephrase, i think it was great for it's time but it hasn't aged well. i think this one took a lot of the same existentialism of the first one but made it a lot more subtle and nuanced and i think it was a better story for it.

but again, the general audience doesn't understand what sci-fi started off as, the same way they don't understand what fantasy started off as. fantasy is all about wizards and magic and elves and that's it, and sci-fi is the same, but space elves and/or space magic/explosions. people hear the term sci-fi and fantasy and they expect action when those terms don't have to have anything to do with action.

I think the original holds up fantastically.

I also just saw this and enjoy it very much.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If a dude doesn't like this movie, it's probably bad judgement to be acquainted with that person.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Just saw it, this movie kicked ass. I am so upset that it didn't do well enough. I would kill for a follow up sequel, a series on HBO or something, anything to continue the universe.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just saw it, this movie kicked ass. I am so upset that it didn't do well enough. I would kill for a follow up sequel, a series on HBO or something, anything to continue the universe.

I believe IPT has the full video game that can be run in 95 compatibility mode. Its worth a jab if you're thirsty for more of the setting. The game is an original storyline, does not overlap with either films.

It was a critically acclaimed click adventure game, largely considered head of its time. Has multiple endings based on decisions made, so its cinematic. Developed by mega developer Westwood Studios pre- EA sale. With both Lisa Edelstein and Pauley Perrette involved-- it was an easy decision.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Brad2770

I saw this last night and I absolutely enjoyed it as well. Even when it was slow, the scenery made up for it. I was never bored and all this did was make me enjoy the previous movie even more. This was very well done, including the music.

(Edit- precious = previous)

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

I love this movie far too much to begrudge anyone who comes to appreciate it, however early or late that appreciation is acquired. We can hate how Hollywood sometimes does business, but it is a business. If the things we love aren't making them money then they aren't going to keep making them. This won't be getting a follow-up anytime soon and if it does it will be a different sort of movie, either in content or production value. It just didn't do well enough financially when it mattered most.

• 1Like