Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I dunno. The trailers are great and all, but I can't help but think that there's nothing that this movie can possibly add.. Honestly, watching them just makes me want to watch blade runner again.
I mean I'll watch this and hope for the best but I don't expect much.

spronk

FPS noob
This movie is the answer to a question no one asked. Who is this even for?

dDcjWSJ.jpg

for Gaff!

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This movie is the answer to a question no one asked. Who is this even for?

This is 21st century Hollywood 101 in its purest form right here, how long have you been in a coma? It's for the people who financed it. They're taking an already successful brand name, dumbing it down, filling it full of violence and eye candy, and milking it like the cash cow that it is basically guaranteed to be.

I hate everything that this movie stands for, and I'm probably going to pay to see it in a theater too because it looks fucking awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There are people who didn't like Sicario?

What in the fuck?

Not a matter of like or hate-- in this instance its more about how well-suited the director is to be directing this movie.

Its going to be a great fit for the genre, regardless of how people felt about the editing of Sicario, and the movie is going to kick ass as a result. The steps up the ladder of the puzzle go 1) Sicario 2) Prisoners 3) Bladerunner.

Prisoners being the movie that demonstrated the atmospheric stuff we can expect in Bladerunner, but Sicario works as a measuring stick as well. This is the best possible candidate to direct for the genre, and everyone is going to see that come release.

This is the best possible Bladerunner you are going to get.

Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The best possible bladerunner we're going to get we already got in 1992 when the director's cut of bladerunner was released. But I get what you're saying. I'll be there in the first week in cinemas to watch this for sure.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i have not watched anything BUT the trailers.

my guess:
all the "people" in the modern city are replicants -from the trailer, all the ones in the ruined city/hobo/bum clothes are refugees/humans

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i have not watched anything BUT the trailers.

my guess:
all the "people" in the modern city are replicants -from the trailer, all the ones in the ruined city/hobo/bum clothes are refugees/humans

I'm guessing that the Replicant Girl from the first film is somehow the key to replicant longevity that the current replicants can't seem to solve.

Harrison Ford spent a long time covering their tracks and hiding her from them so they couldn't use her for this purpose? Something along these lines.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
This is the best possible Bladerunner you are going to get.

Yeah if they absolutely, positively just had to make another Bladerunner then they got one of the best directors they possibly could have to do it.

He's also going to be directing the Dune remake.

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm guessing that the Replicant Girl from the first film is somehow the key to replicant longevity that the current replicants can't seem to solve.

Harrison Ford spent a long time covering their tracks and hiding her from them so they couldn't use her for this purpose? Something along these lines.

That's what immediately springs to mind, except then you remember that it was the addition of Sebastian's DNA that made them have super short lifespans, so that can't be it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's what immediately springs to mind, except then you remember that it was the addition of Sebastian's DNA that made them have super short lifespans, so that can't be it.
Yea I thought they directly stated that they intentionally gave replicants a short lifespan as part of the creation process? Thus, existing ones are pretty much F'd, but they could change the potential for upcoming ones if they got control of the process (or humans just decided that was unethical or something and gave replicants a normal+ lifespan)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yea I thought they directly stated that they intentionally gave replicants a short lifespan as part of the creation process? Thus, existing ones are pretty much F'd, but they could change the potential for upcoming ones if they got control of the process (or humans just decided that was unethical or something and gave replicants a normal+ lifespan)

Yes. That was the entire reason that Roy came to Earth and sought out Tyrell.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep that's why I was kind of confused about that topic I guess :p wasn't sure if I was misreading something.

• 1Like