Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
No amount of "nerd cred" is worth getting paid literally 1/5th to 1/10th the salary you can get elsewhere.

The market for technical talent of any kind has been hot for 8+ and getting hotter year over year.
Keep in mind we're talking about a lot of danger hairs. They can't perform in a real business environment like most normal people could, so their ceiling for salary options is significantly lower.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Am I weird for loving databases

wrestling fireworks.gif

naw no one is in to that get some help you big weirdo

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Am I weird for loving databases
If you work in tech and don't hate everything about the products you work on, you're weird.

Keep in mind we're talking about a lot of danger hairs. They can't perform in a real business environment like most normal people could, so their ceiling for salary options is significantly lower.
Right, that's my point. If you offer bottom of the barrel pay, the only people who're going to accept the offer are shitty, and the only people who stay there are crap pay are people who think they can't function elsewhere.

My last place of employment was filled with bottom-feeders who knew they were too broken to work at a company that wasn't a trashfire.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you work in tech and don't hate everything about the products you work on, you're weird.

Right, that's my point. If you offer bottom of the barrel pay, the only people who're going to accept the offer are shitty, and the only people who stay there are crap pay are people who think they can't function elsewhere.

My last place of employment was filled with bottom-feeders who knew they were too broken to work at a company that wasn't a trashfire.
So... you worked at one of these companies you're talking about. Interesting.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Easy, I don't actually work on the product we sell itself. Just the backend data stuff.

I do however hate lots of enterprise platforms we use.

Companies in general are shit at retention these days anyway. But if you work in tech in the game industry you're being underpaid and overstressed for it. No question about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Supply and Demand - If retard faggots are willing to work for dogshit pay and live out of their fucking cars in the Blizzard parking lot. Is that Blizzards fault or the fault of literal fucking dipshit retards begging to be used and abused?

Take personal fucking responsibility, if you are a pathetic excuse for a human with no integrity for yourself then why should the person hiring you have any respect for you either.

Having fun on D2R?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
For the next embarassment, the first boss of the new FF14 raid is The Gaoler in a Maw/Revendreth like zone:

1640114774153.png

It's honestly all a lot better designed art-wise than the WoW version.

It's funny how all these themes are lining up and how crappy the WoW versions are.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yet no one mentions the Jazz Hands on his head like he's the dad alien from The Explorers

1640131968668.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yet no one mentions the Jazz Hands on his head like he's the dad alien from The Explorers

I can't tell from that drawing if they're hands, or tiny antlers that sorta look like hands.

Speaking of The Explorers, anyone watch that and think to themselves:

"Allllllright, a perfect 80s adventure movie that rivals The Goonies!" Then you get to the third act with the 'aliens', and wonder if the writer/director died and was replaced by a group of 5 year olds who ran out of ADHD meds. Awful.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't tell from that drawing if they're hands, or tiny antlers that sorta look like hands.

Speaking of The Explorers, anyone watch that and think to themselves:

"Allllllright, a perfect 80s adventure movie that rivals The Goonies!" Then you get to the third act with the 'aliens', and wonder if the writer/director died and was replaced by a group of 5 year olds who ran out of ADHD meds. Awful.

Reminds me a lot of the Might and Magic storyline. 6? or 7?

Both had aliens I think. They did a great job with the lore and world, I grew up on those RPGs. My first 3D open world RPG experience that got me interested in what EQ was going to offer. Then the writers threw some OMG aliens exploration storyline in and actual laser guns in the final zone. I guess you could consider the laser guns an easter egg, but the zomg aliens thing was devs that didnt want to write a good conclusion. "nah fuck dragons, lets do aliens with a spaceship"

Interestingly enough those games are all on Steam somehow. I think Ubisoft bought the license but doesn't explain how they are on Steam.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande

View attachment 389153
The hands are from another character, note the tiny red mask on top too. It's related to the plot of the raid somehow, they kinda revealed why but not fully.

Again not saying it's an amazing design, it was a decent first wing of a raid. The previous raid Eden is the best I've ever played though.

Just that I was having fun doing the boss and I notice it cast a spell called something like "Chains of the Gaoler", then I notice the chains on the boss design, the maw like cages all around and something like Castle Nathria in the distance. And I think to myself "This is so much better than WoW's version".

There's also a bunch of dialogue before and between bosses which means that I have much more knowledge about the operation of the prison, the backstories of several new jailer characters introduced and the mystery plot of the raid than I got from the entirety of Shadowlands about The Jailer and his motivatons.

This is all for the first boss of a raid. The actual end boss of the expansion got two full zones, a dungeon and a raid boss where you follow them fairly closely to explore their origin and motivation.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
For the next embarassment, the first boss of the new FF14 raid is The Gaoler in a Maw/Revendreth like zone:

View attachment 389115
It's honestly all a lot better designed art-wise than the WoW version.

It's funny how all these themes are lining up and how crappy the WoW versions are.

Just to summarize every post from Chris.

5yyh93.jpg

• 5Pathetic
  • 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Icy veins has FF guides now. I think the worst part of that game aside from all the anime shit is that there is no class customization. No skill tree or options at all. I’m at an absolute loss as to why it’s gotten so popular lately. Weird.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
They should ban 3rd person view from video games, along with flying mounts. I raided in EQ in TOV with only 1st person vision as a warrior because I was retarded and that's really the only way any game should be played.

• 1Solidarity