Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The appeal of it, even slightly. Too much of a boomer I guess.
You could just try watching it; at least till the end of the third episode. If the appeal doesn't make sense at that point then yeah, it's likely not gonna work for you.

The only people I know who really "hated" it were tryhard DOTA gopniks pretending there was anything more to their butthurt than incoherent slavic rage. The folks who were "meh" about it didn't really watch it either; they just let it play on their TV while they scanned instagram for dumb shit. It's not really gonna make sense that way either, it's not typical disposable media.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Redraw

Lurker
I thought it was pretty alright, but my join date wasn't 3 days before it's release.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I never got involved with the OW thing, something about the art style just never resonated with me.
It's some kind of Pixar/Pedo child brain conditioning crap. You're not the only one who sees it. It's all over league of legends. The funders want it crammed into everything. It's corn syrup for the brain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
OW is just the bog-standard "western animation" aesthetic. It's fair to relate it to Pixar's look but Pixar just riffed seven decades' worth of Disney animation for it, not to mention that Lasseter, Brad Bird and just about everyone else who founded Pixar got their starts at Disney animation.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Disney is another company that does it what I'm talking about, yes. Definitely originated over in that "think tank" from my observations.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Sooo... I take it you're not talking about the art direction, design language and the western animation "look" that everything from WoW to Kung Fu Panda uses.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm saying there's kinds of conditioning elements to that art style and all the light blue/purple/pink hues being used in lots of UIs I've seen.

• 1NPC
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, I suppose if that western animation tradition turns him off from OW's look, that would be a hard stop then. Barring a new wave of anime-stylized shooters, I don't see it going away. Disney's design fingerprints are in every stylized western animation nowadays; and as long as photorealistic realtime animation keeps inducing the uncanny valley effect, more and more products will persist in a stylized design.

You'll see it in everything from Fortnite to Valorant for years to come.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yup it's some woke conditioning shit.

AVvXsEgOJ3x6x-zEsbBH7n45Ud2hJChv2tYHWd5ppURekE0qSRADLKHp8Is-LVeaD1FSkZadpHu4-pPTsL3l2reOqWooQGcDxBFN63V6JiPeIf9rb_3DGAVI1EZBEr2xGAbPThbMnTT8oBIQNHCgN9hlD1MBc3IwvX0y618yalavOBByQfvdWpO4cTYbs8zi=s4096

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yup it's some woke conditioning shit.
I wouldnt say the style itself is woke. Looking at the first round of skins for OW they where fairly risque.

Obviously Blizzard is woke as hell now but id say the style is more of a result of it aging better than "realistic" styles do over time. Also as an esports it helps when your game can run on every dogshit pc that exist in the third world.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh the woke conditioning stuff is independent of the stylized art style. I'm sure the woke shit is all over the place but the western Disney design language is just part of western character design for generations (which very heavily influenced its Japanese counterpart).

They may have made the cigar look like a big black tranny cock, but the tobacco is still just tobacco.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
League is the best one to took at and detect it right now. I also got the purple, pink and blue shit going on with the theme they keep resetting on my Roku.

I won't press ya on if you can tell or rant any further.

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I mean if you wanna get it off your chest, this is the Blizz Cancer thread and it wouldn't be off the reservation for that.

I was just referring to that guy who was turned off by Overwatch's stylized art style.

Goonsquad Officer
League is the best one to took at and detect it right now. I also got the purple, pink and blue shit going on with the theme they keep resetting on my Roku.

I won't press ya on if you can tell or rant any further.
I didn't follow this whole arguement but the pastel tones in everything is an art style EVS calls "bisexual lighting" and it's an art evolution that has emerged in recent years among all the woke comic artists who are trying to make shit like gay spiderman or girl thor. they change the collor pallets of their comics from the classic or modern into a very washed out, pastel overly bright tone and it really makes shit project toward gay town.

It's more of the woke human centipede looking other fellow wokesters for inspiration. that's why you see it pop up more and more places. It's all part of the institutional capture, corrupt the medium. ride the company into the dirt on ESG score as long as they can while they plot their next institutional invasion.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Is it insane that I can tell that's what's going on without exactly knowing that's a thing

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't follow this whole arguement but the pastel tones in everything is an art style EVS calls "bisexual lighting" and it's an art evolution that has emerged in recent years among all the woke comic artists who are trying to make shit like gay spiderman or girl thor. they change the collor pallets of their comics from the classic or modern into a very washed out, pastel overly bright tone and it really makes shit project toward gay town.

It's more of the woke human centipede looking other fellow wokesters for inspiration. that's why you see it pop up more and more places. It's all part of the institutional capture, corrupt the medium. ride the company into the dirt on ESG score as long as they can while they plot their next institutional invasion.
Is that really a thing or is this just leftoids and their usual pointing to anything and going "SEE ITS THE GAY!" Was Neriak a hive of homosexuality?

Cybsled

Seriously bitching about colors? They’re trying to go for a clean, utopia future look. You know, that one that has roots going all the way back to the damned 1950s.

Oh fuck, is that 1950s Ford light pastel blue? Must be woke propaganda!!!

• 2Like
  • 1Moron

Goonsquad Officer
Is that really a thing or is this just leftoids and their usual pointing to anything and going "SEE ITS THE GAY!" Was Neriak a hive of homosexuality?
I doubt proponents of the art style call it that. I don't know the official name of moving to washed out pastels. Its just them feeding on one anothers style as best I can tell. They do actively congratulate one another for writing comics about super man being prison raped so I presume it yo be an intentional corruption.

I'll try to find a YouTube video on it later

Goonsquad Officer
Seriously bitching about colors? They’re trying to go for a clean, utopia future look. You know, that one that has roots going all the way back to the damned 1950s.

Yea I dont know the argument on blizzards context. I just see changes in existing ips and presume the worst

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor

Well that LoL screenshot was specifically for the "Debonair" skins set they're doing right now.

That whole tux-and-roses thing is definitely riffing on a Chinese boyband thing, which makes it gay. Full stop. It's a nod to a scene in China right now called "shamate" that came out of the Korean boyband look which came out of the Japanese Bishounen thing which came out of Heian-period dandies which came out of men having sex with boys.

• 1Mother of God