Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I disagree with one of his points: from the getgo, it was clear this was a moba model. He talks about it like it was a bait and switch that went from shooter to moba all of a sudden.

Anyways, main cause of decline is simple: it got stale. They never really shook up the gameplay, people got frustrated by balance issues, and OW2 effectively cannibalized OW1 of any meaningful updates.

For me, it was Moira nerfs + no new content that got me to quit

I disagree with the video on Role Queue. It saved the game. I can actually play DPS now when I want to play DPS. The game is so much better for it. Barely anyone plays the open queue modes.

Things that killed the game is the content drought, their insistence on 2CP be forced down the player base throat, hero design, balancing. As soon as I saw Sigma being able to place a shield literally anywhere I knew it would be bad for the game. They also didn't limit teams to having one shield tank. It would fixed double shield overnight, and is an easy balance fix. Hammond having 600HP and having the mobility he has is beyond retarded. Brigitte... epic fail of hero design. Moira didn't bother me. This game was never designed to be this high skilled based shooter like CSGO or Valorant. They need heroes like her to bring in and keep the casuals.

They have finally relented with Overwatch 2 on getting rid of 2CP. Jeff Kaplan and his clique always sucked at balancing WoW, and they were just as bad at balancing Overwatch. Great at game design, but terrible at balancing.

I still play the game almost every Friday while I drink. It's almost the only way to enjoy the game nowadays. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I disagree with the video on Role Queue. It saved the game. I can actually play DPS now when I want to play DPS. The game is so much better for it. Barely anyone plays the open queue modes.

True. It removed the inevitable bargaining for who would go tank or healer. I recall solo queuing for some comp games and people literally spending the entire pre-match trying to get people to swap roles.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Isn't that the wrong burger chain or does Wendy's also do square white castle burgers now too?

Daidraco

I cant remember the last time I ate at Wendy's, so I guess some of us have just forgotten.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Makes sense that bluehaired chubbos at Blizz would have have their burger knowledge down pat tho.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I cant remember the last time I ate at Wendy's, so I guess some of us have just forgotten.

some areas your only options are mcdonalds, burger king, wendys. In that case, I have defaulted to wendys. most "clean" unprocessed tasting, but some people might consider it bland. If I have a little extra time I'll go to Five Guys. Five Guys has the same clean unprocessed taste on the meat and bread. Feels like it takes forever to get a Five Guys order but it''s not rapid cooked like true fast food. The standing around waiting aspect isn't something I can always handle.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think wendys is the only "chain" to still use unfrozen fresh beef. Rest of them all use frozen. Well the big chains like BK McDs etc... Not sure about 5 guys.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think wendys is the only "chain" to still use unfrozen fresh beef. Rest of them all use frozen. Well the big chains like BK McDs etc... Not sure about 5 guys.

that's true. its about the bread too. i don't like a lot of processed beef or bread flavoring and wendys is as plain jane as it gets. Again, it might not be as wet as McDonalds or have that punch on flavor, but when those are your 3 choices, i gotta take the wendys. burger king was never a serious option for me, acid bath city. Indigestion never fails. Many people say the same thing. No idea how Burger king even operates still if their oil or process causes acid indigestion. I've never had a problem in my life with that with any chain or restaurant. literally its just burger king. Too bad, because the taste is pretty good.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. Wendy's aint bad. Its my go to after Five Guys. And if you know that Five Guys is a woke bunch of assholes, don't tell me. At this point I have very little joy in my life, and by god I want to eat a greasy fucking burger and fries at a restaurant every few months.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Wow, opposite experience here. I've eaten at Wendys 3 times in my life, thought it was vile all three times. The second time I swear I got food poisoning, waited like 10+ years before I gave it a shot again. I've probably eaten several hundred Burger King burgers (Had a friend in high school who worked there for years and would hook me up) and never had any issues.

Anyway, here's to hoping some of the people who inevitably lose their jobs at Bliz when it goes under can get some of these fast food jobs. #thoughts and prayers

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Wow, opposite experience here. I've eaten at Wendys 3 times in my life, thought it was vile all three times. The second time I swear I got food poisoning, waited like 10+ years before I gave it a shot again. I've probably eaten several hundred Burger King burgers (Had a friend in high school who worked there for years and would hook me up) and never had any issues.

Anyway, here's to hoping some of the people who inevitably lose their jobs at Bliz when it goes under can get some of these fast food jobs. #thoughts and prayers
Im not one to eat at fast food but still, dont put that curse on those poor business owners.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
The best thing about Wendy's is dipping your hot french fries in a chocolate frosty. Fite me

• 4Barf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The biggest difference between a Wendy's, McD's, or BK is going to come down to the quality of mouth breather they have working there. Can only compare them if they have the same caliber employees. In my town the McD's is usually on point while the Wendy's is staffed by all the Meth heads.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Runza is probably my favorite fast food burger. Which is weird, because I should be going to runza to order a runza, but half the time those're undercooked naff. Don and Millie's also delicious and horrible for you. You know the burger's done right when the wrapper has turned clear, right?

• 1Like

Daidraco

Runza is probably my favorite fast food burger. Which is weird, because I should be going to runza to order a runza, but half the time those're undercooked naff. Don and Millie's also delicious and horrible for you. You know the burger's done right when the wrapper has turned clear, right?
Never heard of Runza's. Shows how little Ive been in the upper midwest. Same with Don and Millie's. I think Runza's is a terrible name for a fast food restaurant considering the first thing that comes to mind when I heard the name and know they prepare food. But if Im ever in the area, I'd at least try one of them considering which one you suggest over the other?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Runza is a bit more unique, their titular sandwich is kind of like an elongated kolache? My Dad's boss in Canada used to have him smuggle them across the border because he was addicted.

• 2Like