Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They cant even balance WoW classes. Surprised anyone thinks they could have balanced a MOBA's.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard fucked up to the tune of billions upon billions of fucking dollars when these retarded faggots lost the entire MOBA market right under their fucking noses
If only. From 4chan:

1636656302328.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dude some of the funnest most enjoyable gaming Ive experienced were custom SC/WC3 maps. When SC2 as announced and Blizzard was showing off the custom map editor and what could be done with it I was beyond hyped.

Then SC2 finally came out and the custom map scene did not exist at all besides a handful of very basic minimalist maps thanks to their absolute dog shit interface and nazi TOS. Probably one of the biggest let downs of my life.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Dude some of the funnest most enjoyable gaming Ive experienced were custom SC/WC3 maps.
Because the SC/WC3 modding scene was a great incubator for novel gameplay ideas, complete with an audience eager to test them out.

Even with using an existing engine like Unity, Unreal, or Godot and some asset packs you have to convince people to download your game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

I always got a kick out of the early custom maps. Would load up WC3 to play the DOTA custom map, not WC3. Just remember always being annoyed at the different versions people always ran, so your custom folder would have like 20 different versions of the same map and most of the time you didnt even remember what had changed in one version over another. Then there was always these like Dungeon Master maps that I would play that were kind of cool in their own way. No telling how many game ideas spawned from those custom maps.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Several of those I feel haven't been touched by a mainstream studio.

Team Survival, Macro Wars, Hero Arena, Tag... I loved all of those. They are up for grabs.

Find the Traitor was only recent with Amoung Us. Auto Chess recently somehow got 3 simultaneous adaptations from Valve/Riot/China. Tower Defence was the first to be exploited in Flash games and Plants vs Zombies.

Cybsled

WC3 had Alien Host, which was basically Among Us. I used to steal the nuclear suit, force meltdown, and try to lure players into the nuke blast

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I had something of an epiphany while taking a shit. Somehow with Blizzard I don't get shower thoughts, but shit thoughts. But I digress:

tl;dr: The player council is how they try to handle their cognitive dissonance.

Because they can't believe that the negative feedback they kept getting was real. In their minds they kept getting negative feedback for all those years, but the players still engaged with their systems, and more importantly: they bought all the expansions. Shadowlands was the fastest selling WoW expansion ever! So it can't be bad, right?

So they are now trying to save their ego by thinking: "All those players shitting on us on Twitter, wowhead, mmo-champion, and on our own forums are mostly trolls, encouraged by those content creators! They may even be paid for by Square-Enix! It's a conspiracy, the Russians are probbably behind this, too!"

So, the conclusion for them is: "There must be players out there who still like us and what we do, we just have to find them! And then we will create a public council, and those players will be exposed while they discuss the virtues of our design, and this will then have an halo effect on the community and turn around the public perception. We will totally counter the fake news of Shadowlands being bad!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I had something of an epiphany while taking a shit. Somehow with Blizzard I don't get shower thoughts, but shit thoughts. But I digress:

tl;dr: The player council is how they try to handle their cognitive dissonance.

Because they can't believe that the negative feedback they kept getting was real. In their minds they kept getting negative feedback for all those years, but the players still engaged with their systems, and more importantly: they bought all the expansions. Shadowlands was the fastest selling WoW expansion ever! So it can't be bad, right?

So they are now trying to save their ego by thinking: "All those players shitting on us on Twitter, wowhead, mmo-champion, and on our own forums are mostly trolls, encouraged by those content creators! They may even be paid for by Square-Enix! It's a conspiracy, the Russians are probbably behind this, too!"

So, the conclusion for them is: "There must be players out there who still like us and what we do, we just have to find them! And then we will create a public council, and those players will be exposed while they discuss the virtues of our design, and this will then have an halo effect on the community and turn around the public perception. We will totally counter the fake news of Shadowlands being bad!"
Get a different hobby.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Community Council is just a way to help shift blame away from Developers and onto the people that they allow onto the council. Johnny Retard will ask dumb questions and put up uninformed information that can be hand waved off by the developers. Then players will hate Johnny Retard for being.. well.. a retard. People will hate him even more because their concerns arent being addressed and the company is focusing on this form of communication over the other forums and such. People will still be upset at Blizzard for using this medium only, but theyve shifted the blame to someone else and are no longer center stage of it - continuing to make any and all decisions that they please.

The tactic is used in other businesses and its nothing new. Even worse this time than last time, cause theyre being stricter on who is allowed into the council even more.

Kiki

Log Wizard
It will be just like it was in Eve. They won't listen to anything the players bring up but they'll make a big show of it. It will just be lip service.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It will be just like it was in Eve.
Oh? I thought the EVE one was supposed to be a success, and an example for Blizzard on how to do it, as the members are voted in?

But voting players into a council would lead to Asmongold being on there, and some devs would literally have anxiety attacks if that ever happens.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Johnny Retard will ask dumb questions and put up uninformed information that can be hand waved off by the developers.
Because Blizzard can only discuss and present things to the council that don't require an NDA, as the forums are going to be public.
From what we know the negative feedback on BfA and Shadowlands systems was starting in the beta at the earliest. The friends and family alpha players certainly didn't try to rock the boat.

But by then it's too late to do anything about it. They had to admit later that there is no ripcord to pull for the covenants, as the complete system would collapse:
"In short, pulling on that thread (or cord, as it were) would unravel the entire fabric of the system. Even so, we would embrace the work required to rebuild the covenant system along those lines if we agreed that it would be an improvement, but we ultimately do not share that view."

The council is just them trying to turn around public discourse, which has turned against them. See my thoughts about it here.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
lolz1.png

From the leak: "The majority of the games flaws as a product stem from these two men [Danuser and Hazzikostas] who both only care about their own slice of the pie so to speak and the rest may as well not exist and mismanagement is team wide."

This just sounds too believable.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
From the leak: "The majority of the games flaws as a product stem from these two men [Danuser and Hazzikostas] who both only care about their own slice of the pie so to speak and the rest may as well not exist and mismanagement is team wide."
Sounds like theres no senior people at the company with the balls to send an email to whoever is in charge of those two and say those two have utterly destroyed WoW.

Also how does that explain every other single IP thats a complete dumpster fire? Ion responsible for the shitshow that was WC3 remaster? Ion responsible for the abortion that was Diablo mobile? Ion responsible for OW becoming more stagnant than this economy for 3+ years now? No. While him and that retard Danuser may be ultimately responsible for WoW, reality is Blizzard is a fundamentally broken company that has been on a steep decline for literally a decade now.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users