Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It's made up BS anyway since she was written as a villain long before BfA. I didn't even experience that expansion since the last time I played was early Legion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
Wasn't there one cinematics where one of the characters point out that the Warrior of Light always nods? Something about huge "nodder" or something?
Heh yea. The dwarf twins break the 4th wall and comment how you have finely muscled neck from years of nodding, and a stout back from carrying everyone's quest shit. and how you mostly don't talk. poking fun at the crude machinima in a lot of the cutscenes and the sloggy quest design some times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
You know things are dire when people are pining for the days of Metzen lore.

WoW lore was always this secondary background shit anyway. The first in game cinematic wasn't until what, the wrathgate? Then they leaned harder into the narrative storyline post WotLK, after the game already started to suck and the original people were moving on. At least they never once deviated from the meme that the bad guys were 'corrupted' by something else and able to be redeemed. It's corruption all the way down.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't he leave at the end of Legion, or at the start of BfA? This doesn't explain one bit why they kept fucking up Sylvanas all the way from BfA up to Shadowlands.
Furor officially left* the company in June 2020, and Shadowlands came out November 2020. Is it possible that all this stuff happened under his direction? I dont believe so, but I guess it is possible - its just so cliché though. The protagonist is exiled and the leader/s of the town blame even the most mundane problems on the protagonist. Dev - "I'm out of testosterone pills. Why's Alex still fucking with me?!" I'm thinking we'll get more than just one side of the story when Microsoft fully controls whats happening. But until then, that side of the story isnt coming anywhere near this warm corpse.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Legion was fun as shit. Fight me.

I can honestly say I’ve played wow since 06 until 18 and had never fucking heard of Taleisin. Or even Bullular. I’d heard of asmon as a meme.

Asmon reminded me of my TBC raid leader that, unironically, berated our team for not having piss bottles at our desks during progression. We were fucking months behind. Didn’t even come close to clearing sunwell. Mom and pop guild with tons of shitty husband wife teams. I always assumed it was a fat version of asmon on the other side.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Furor officially left* the company in June 2020, and Shadowlands came out November 2020. Is it possible that all this stuff happened under his direction? I dont believe so, but I guess it is possible - its just so cliché though. The protagonist is exiled and the leader/s of the town blame even the most mundane problems on the protagonist. Dev - "I'm out of testosterone pills. Why's Alex still fucking with me?!" I'm thinking we'll get more than just one side of the story when Microsoft fully controls whats happening. But until then, that side of the story isnt coming anywhere near this warm corpse.
Personally I hope what they are saying about Alex is all true and he's now laughing his ass off while rolling around in his fuck you money.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck that, these talentless hacks don't deserve such a convenient scapegoat. A series that retconned blood elves stealing a ship and shooting down the Exodar, you can't fix a now-fired employee "tampering" with your precious waifu's storyline?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
wow lore was butchered to start. in WC3 gnomes were extinct. the hoard didn't have corpses in it, night elves lived on the fucking ground in treeant buttholes, and there was tenuous peace between the humans an orcs and tolerance from the night elves.

then due to TWOTEAMSthey fucked it all up.

all four factions were their own multiracial faction in WC3 and could have been FOURTEAMS or better yet, EQ style "be from where you want but everyone plays together". but naaaah, TWOTEAMS.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Personally I hope what they are saying about Alex is all true and he's now laughing his ass off while rolling around in his fuck you money.

He definitely got a golden parachute to sign an NDA and non-compete clause on his way out the door. Activision's official stance is he was not fired for any wrong doing (original stance when they ghosted on where he is). So he'd be eligible for some type of package. They later retconned his "firing" when the media storm got too intense, they needed to change the fact Alex was sent off peacefully into "we fired that guy!" About 0 people believed a word of it.

The next scandal is how much they paid Alex to go away.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
He definitely got a golden parachute to sign an NDA and non-compete clause on his way out the door. Activision's official stance is he was not fired for any wrong doing (original stance when they ghosted on where he is). So he'd be eligible for some type of package. They later retconned his "firing" when the media storm got too intense, they needed to change the fact Alex was sent off peacefully into "we fired that guy!" About 0 people believed a word of it.

The next scandal is how much they paid Alex to go away.
It has to be great to be absolutely awful at your job(WoWs story direction) all the wile being nicely compensated and the powers that be not giving a damn about your workplace behavior. Did Furor even do anything for his last 10 years at Blizzard besides creepily hit on women?

Oh I forgot he did make sure he had an expansion pack devoted to his green jesus waifu.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Honestly the Blizzard drama is now more entertaining to me than actually playing WoW, so I mean, why don't they just copy their drama and put it in the game?

An entire expansion where you have to stop Tigole Bitties and Furore Plainsdefiler from stealing Sylvanas' breast milk.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
An entire expansion where you have to stop Tigole Bitties and Furore Plainsdefiler from stealing Sylvanas' breast milk.
I've been clean of this game since MoP (which I played barely a month of) and I'd honestly consider resubbing for that.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
wow lore was butchered to start. in WC3 gnomes were extinct. the hoard didn't have corpses in it, night elves lived on the fucking ground in treeant buttholes, and there was tenuous peace between the humans an orcs and tolerance from the night elves.

then due to TWOTEAMSthey fucked it all up.

all four factions were their own multiracial faction in WC3 and could have been FOURTEAMS or better yet, EQ style "be from where you want but everyone plays together". but naaaah, TWOTEAMS.

I wanna go back. But alas.

Getting into WC3 beta was pinnacle immersion.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I can't even imagine what a "good" story for Sylvanas would look like. What she brings the Forsaken back to life?

All anyone had to do to make Sylvanas look bad was to keep writing her into the story.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It has to be great to be absolutely awful at your job(WoWs story direction) all the wile being nicely compensated and the powers that be not giving a damn about your workplace behavior.
The white male bravado is quietly making it's way back into the tech industry. People are realizing you need cocky white males in a company to make shit happen.

Or at least that's how I justify my paycheck, because I bring nothing else to table.

1643226467412.png

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I can't even imagine what a "good" story for Sylvanas would look like. What she brings the Forsaken back to life?

All anyone had to do to make Sylvanas look bad was to keep writing her into the story.
She should have sided with Putress after the Wrathgate. The Forsaken mo from release was to kill everyone with poison and then she bitched out because Putress was working with a Dreadlord. How does that even work now that the Jailer and the Dreadlords have been controlling everything including Sylvanas?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't worry, they removed the Wrathgate cinematic so we can just pretend all that shit never happened

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So the news today is Alex's last act at the company was just a giant fuck you eat a bag of dicks I am going to ruin your Waifu Sylvanas and it being legitimately out of spite. If so that is the best thing I have ever heard.
That’s keeping with true FoH fashion. Good on him.