Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
ARK, Conan, Velheim, Empyrion, etc. There are plenty of good "survival"-type builders out there. Then you have stuff that puts a slight spin on things like Tribes of Midgard, Astroneer, etc. which are excellent as well.

Survival is actually one of the most "flourishing" genres out there in gaming. Probably only behind Rogue-like/lite and Souls-like/lite.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems kind of odd to be starting a project that wont be released for several years and the company changing hands during that time period.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd be shocked if that wasn't the plan all along.

1. Create a new IP.
2. Move all the troublemakers and outspoken dipshits to new proposed IP.
3. Start allowing them to create and go crazy with ideas leaving them completely immersed in their world.
3. Make the deal and let the new company take ownership.
4. Company easily cancels the new title and lays off all of the people they were trying to get rid of.
5. Start on new company with new or good people form other studios/in house.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Valhiem and even conan exiles was fun and a blast(not much lasting power in those games though because you have to wait for more content). Surely blizzard and its hundreds if not thousands can do better then the what, 5 man team of valheim?

Exiles sold extremely well. Best selling to date I believe for Funcom.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sooo... I take it you're not talking about the art direction, design language and the western animation "look" that everything from WoW to Kung Fu Panda uses.

Everything you named there is garbage, so yes?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Seems kind of odd to be starting a project that wont be released for several years and the company changing hands during that time period.

Nothing puts you in a survival gaming mindset like trying to survive your company's death rattle.

It's like method acting but for devs.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So the news today is Alex's last act at the company was just a giant fuck you eat a bag of dicks I am going to ruin your Waifu Sylvanas and it being legitimately out of spite. If so that is the best thing I have ever heard.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
So the news today is Alex's last act at the company was just a giant fuck you eat a bag of dicks I am going to ruin your Waifu Sylvanas and it being legitimately out of spite. If so that is the best thing I have ever heard.
This came out a few months ago.

Someone ruined his pet character (Garrosh) so once he got in charge he ruined theirs (Sylvanas).

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Blizzard announcing an "Unannounced Game" is like a fucking parody article from a satire site.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I sorted through the tweets and it's all unsourced bullshit. Typical of Booze to post garbage.

• 1GreNeg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I sorted through the tweets and it's all unsourced bullshit. Typical of Booze to post garbage.

Cry more, as if you have ever done anything else.

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce