Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm calling all of this bullshit, it's just a bad BOF (Blame On Furor) operation and even if he did all those things like fucking Sylvanas he should be praised rather than vilified for the burning of Teldrassil god I have elves so much it's unreal.

I would end Shadowlands by having Sylvanas rape the Jailer while wearing a MAGA hat and shouting your body my choice and calling Aundin a fag. This would probably be appalling enough to get the SJW crowd to cancel the game. Maybe have her say something about 50/13 and/or 109/110 just to seal the deal.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So long as the money is rolling in no one really cares. It's only after the money printing press goes offline that people start to take a closer look at stuff.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Posted in the Shadowlands thread, not surprised this is a new warlock pet in light of all the tranny/queer crash and burn shit with Blizzard.

Wow they really gotta sexualize men here. Thought this was 2022 - all bodies are beautiful

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
One thing you don't do is come for the WAIFU!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine if they ever did something like this in FFXIV?! Chris Chris would probably kill himself.

• 2Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
One thing you don't do is come for the WAIFU!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine if they ever did something like this in FFXIV?! Chris Chris would probably kill himself.
There was a sexy as fuck female antagonist waifu in Stormblood who was a former prostitute in a kimono, stepped on peasants with her high heels, all while smoking one of those long 1920s cigarette pipe things. Super memorable.

She loses her memory when you bring her castle crashing down on her. She is given a chance to redeem herself as you learn of her tragic backstory of being sold into prostitution by her family and the indifference of the authorities towards her plight (hence her betraying her nation).

Upon regaining her memory she just goes "nope I'm totally beyond redemption fuck you, I'm going to transform into the moon goddess and kill you all". After a battle with a crazy good song and her being attacked by the spirits of her traumatic memories, you can't bring yourself to finish her off and maybe she'll get a third chance... nah her brother just pumps a shotgun into her multiple times though she impales him before she dies.

This is a level of complexity you won't see in a Blizzard product.

FF14 has multiple dead waifus and husbandos by the way, nobody is bothered by it because the stories were well written and unique.

In WoW everyone is pissed that a badass like Garrosh is dead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Bullshit Garrosh can will himself into and out of existence just on pure hatred alone. What is dead can never die. Garrosh did nothing wrong.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why do people hate Garrosh?
People went a little off him with the inconsistent writing and old god corruption in Pandaria. He was redeemed in Shadowlands when he goes out in a blaze of glory.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
People went a little off him with the inconsistent writing and old god corruption in Pandaria. He was redeemed in Shadowlands when he goes out in a blaze of glory.

Hellscream should be a warrior ability on a 45 min cooldown. It allows you to resurrect for 5-10 seconds and deal 500% damage.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hellscream should be a warrior ability on a 45 min cooldown. It allows you to resurrect for 5-10 seconds and deal 500% damage.
Basically Surrender to Madness. I had a lot of fun with the ability and did good to great with it, where some people were on the peak and valley sides of the DPS spectrum. Something like that creates too many envious people at once. One group is other classes hating on them for taking the top DPS spots. The other is the group of house wives with low APM complaining its too hard and that the death at the end was too punishing.

Great abilities like that are just too short lived in a game where a majority of people are casuals and expect classes to be homogenized to the point of everyone doing the same DPS.

• 2Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol is no one else kinda weirded out by how many times Chris keeps hamfisting ffxiv into this thread? I like the game too, but you already made your point, if you keep it up and coupled with your avatar you’re gonna meme yourself. What’s the one thing everyone thinks of when you say mippo? Yea, like that

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol is no one else kinda weirded out by how many times Chris keeps hamfisting ffxiv into this thread? I like the game too, but you already made your point, if you keep it up and coupled with your avatar you’re gonna meme yourself. What’s the one thing everyone thinks of when you say mippo? Yea, like that
It's totally natural to compare the #1 and #2 MMOs.

I did Game Design at University and I'm also a veteran WoW player who is now spending a lot of time in FF14, so I have the know how and interest to compare them.

It also just happens to be that the precise areas WoW is failing at are the areas that FF14 excels in, so there is a lot to learn.

WoW also has a lot of strengths and FF14 weaknesses which I'm happy to talk about.

• 1Moron

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wonder if he was directly responding to someone calling him out or something.

chrisff14.png

halfwit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think it's worth saying as well that many people like myself invested a lot of their youth into WoW and other Blizzard IPs. Getting some schadenfreude out of the downfall is a way to get at least a little return on that investment.

That's why the anti Blizzard sentinent is so hostile.

The same thing happened with Square but they reversed course somewhat and Final Fantasy is paying dividends again.

• 1Like

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
It's totally natural to compare the #1 and #2 MMOs.

I did Game Design at University and I'm also a veteran WoW player who is now spending a lot of time in FF14, so I have the know how and interest to compare them.

It also just happens to be that the precise areas WoW is failing at are the areas that FF14 excels in, so there is a lot to learn.

WoW also has a lot of strengths and FF14 weaknesses which I'm happy to talk about.

I’ll take the bait on this one - convince me to play WoW rather than FF14 with a talk about WoW’s strengths and FF14’s weaknesses.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I’ll take the bait on this one - convince me to play WoW rather than FF14 with a talk about WoW’s strengths and FF14’s weaknesses.
Classic/TBC Classic sure.

FF14 is a series of 500 compulsary fetch quests with cut scenes. 100 of them are amazing story moments, 100 of them have solo battles and 100 of them unlock dungeons and raids. That leaves you with 200 of them being boring filler which unfortunately are mostly front loaded in the base game or the start of each expansion. This does not mesh well with the MMO genre as you have to do single player content to unlock multiplayer content.

WoW had (talking Classic here until the end of WotLK) a very light optional story which was mostly world building, hyping up future content without bogging you down in storytelling. It's very suitable for a MMO as players discuss the hints they found in quests and can group to run through ALL of the content faster.

WoW continues with this world building by having sprawling dungeons and raids to explore whereas FF14 is more of a theme park ride in it's dungeons and raids - though what they have is just different and of similar quality actually.

WoW had much better PvP and customisation systems.

This is why I hardly played FF14 and played way more WoW up to and including Stormblood and the Classic re-release.

With retail WoW the issue is that the FF14 compulsary storytelling method paid off BIG in Shadowbringers and Endwalker (including redeeming previously annoying characters) while WoW now has a broken incoherent story for new and old players alike.

WoW has also been drowned by boring time wasting compulsary "customisation" systems while FF14 kept it simple and you can just jump in and do the incredible raids straight away or level an alt without losing progress.

FF14 also has tons of optional content and everything from previous expansions is playable with meaningful difficulty and rewards.

I actually can't make an argument in favour of retail WoW without talking about the strengths of Classic (upto the end of WotLK) and how WoW doesn't do that stuff anymore.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
If anyone is interested, there's a large fresh MOP server that launched a couple weeks ago. Peak pop - >6k.