Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Kaines

Potato Supreme
To be fair, she's not getting hired for that position based on previous qualifications, old projects, seniority, etc. Her position is to try to soften a PR disaster. You bet your fucking ass if someone's hiring me for my chromosome as a means to try and save some face for the company, I'm asking for a much damn money as I can get. Fuck my qualifications. How much is the brand name worth?
As you should. And I'm sure she did too. Then her eyes bugged out when she realised what a complete dumpster fire of a company Blizzard really is when even her HIGH number wasn't even close to what they were paying the idiot actually in charge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

To be fair, she's not getting hired for that position based on previous qualifications, old projects, seniority, etc. Her position is to try to soften a PR disaster. You bet your fucking ass if someone's hiring me for my chromosome as a means to try and save some face for the company, I'm asking for a much damn money as I can get. Fuck my qualifications. How much is the brand name worth?

Which is what the Reverse SJW posters here are missing. If you are hiring someone to literally act as a PR smoke screen, then you end up doing the same thing to them that resulted in you needing the PR smoke screen to begin with while you have tons of regulator and investor eyes on you, then your company is literally incompetent.

• 4Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which is what the Reverse SJW posters here are missing. If you are hiring someone to literally act as a PR smoke screen, then you end up doing the same thing to them that resulted in you needing the PR smoke screen to begin with while you have tons of regulator and investor eyes on you, then your company is literally incompetent.
  1. As the hire you do not know what other executives are getting paid.
  2. As the hiring executive you do not sit down and compare what you are offering (that the hire agreed to) to other executives in the organization.
Not sure why so many of you are missing that.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

We are not being reverse SJW's here dude. We are being practical business people. I am sure Blizzard is operating under the assumption that they will continue to be a company after this PR disaster is over and the lawsuits are settled. In that post-everything world they will still have to hire executives. Bowing to the demands of an executive that signed a contract, found out that they were not paid as much as a peer, and then heightening the PR disaster they were hired to mitigate by taking that fight public sets a precedent for all executive hires in the future. The only mistake they made with her is not quashing the rumor that they offered to pay her ransom after she quit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How the fuck can any of you argue that anybody at that fucking company deserves a raise?

I am a customer, I don't give a flying fuck if they are spit roasting the god damn interns in the cafeteria. They failed what they were hired to do.

• 4Like
  • 3Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How the fuck can any of you argue that anybody at that fucking company deserves a raise?

I am a customer, I don't give a flying fuck if they are spit roasting the god damn interns in the cafeteria. They failed what they were hired to do.

This is the way.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bullshit. You know nothing about the way top end businesses should work. Stay in your potato field.
So pay should be an arbitary figure based on the mood of the CEO that day and if you had the balls to risk the position playing hardball?

There shouldn't be a logical pay structure where people are paid what they are worth and similar to people in similar roles?

Why have you bought into the bullshit that the corporate class use to make the top of every company be jewish snakes failing upwards with infinite pay and no consequences?

They are the poison killing The West and they fund SJWs to distract from it, luckily Bobby Kotick is shit at the SJW bit other than filling WoW up with Africans, Trannies and Furries.

• 3Moron
  • 2GreNeg
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So pay should be an arbitary figure based on the mood of the CEO that day and if you had the balls to risk the position playing hardball?

There shouldn't be a logical pay structure where people are paid what they are worth and similar to people in similar roles?

Why have you bought into the bullshit that the corporate class use to make the top of every company be jewish snakes failing upwards with infinite pay and no consequences?

They are the poison killing The West and they fund SJWs to distract from it, luckily Bobby Kotick is shit at the SJW bit other than filling WoW up with Africans, Trannies and Furries.

Lol you couldn't manage a chuk-e-cheese. Like I said you would be bankrupt by the end of the week. Stick with a failure profession like teaching that doesn't actually require success it suits you.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Now did she realize this and seize on it?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Now did she realize this and seize on it?

I guess this is where I might be getting the whole timeline mixed up. If it was a case of she gets her new position and when negotiating pay she asks for whatever Ybarra's making and they say no, Blizzard are fucking idiots. Now if she went in and asked for X raise and they gave it to her and she finds out after this that she's still not making as much as him, then too bad so sad for her, should have asked for more. Both scenarios still look bad in the public eye, though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol you couldn't manage a chuk-e-cheese. Like I said you would be bankrupt by the end of the week. Stick with a failure profession like teaching that doesn't actually require success it suits you.
I'm also the CTO and 50% owner of a tech startup which is automating teaching, angel investors welcome :)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm also the CTO and 50% owner of a tech startup which is automating teaching, angel investors welcome :)

You wanna automate teachers instead of paying them to inject their stupid, or hold hands blowing each other over equal pay. Maybe you don't believe the stupid shit you were just preaching after all.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

No. What he stated was the only reason she was put in that position to begin with was because it was a diversity hire. And that is correct.

And there were many more things wrong with D2Res than battle.net.

She was put in that position because of this:

Advisory Board Member​

Company Name
Young Women's Leadership Initiative

Dates EmployedJun 2015 – Present​

Employment Duration6 yrs 6 mos​

LocationAlbany, New York Area​

Member​

Company Name
Women Presidents Organization

Dates EmployedMay 2017 – Jan 2021​

Employment Duration3 yrs 9 mos​

Not because of this

• Vicarious Visions

Company NameVicarious Visions​

Total Duration13 yrs​

• TitleStudio Head​

Dates EmployedApr 2016 – Jan 2021​

Employment Duration4 yrs 10 mos​

• TitleSr. Executive Producer​

Dates EmployedFeb 2008 – Mar 2016​

Employment Duration8 yrs 2 mos​

And most definitely not because she was a studio head in charge of production of fucking remasters - of which one failed miserably due not only to battle.net but also the entire scope of the shovel ware development.​

Any questions?

Do not get her confused with someone with actual talent:

^^^ That.

Capiche?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
No. What he stated was the only reason she was put in that position to begin with was because it was a diversity hire. And that is correct.

And there were many more things wrong with D2Res than battle.net.

She was put in that position because of this:

Advisory Board Member​

Company Name
Young Women's Leadership Initiative

Dates EmployedJun 2015 – Present​

Employment Duration6 yrs 6 mos​

Member​

Company Name
Women Presidents Organization

Dates EmployedMay 2017 – Jan 2021​

Employment Duration3 yrs 9 mos​

Not because of this

• Vicarious Visions

Company NameVicarious Visions​

Total Duration13 yrs​

• TitleStudio Head​

Dates EmployedApr 2016 – Jan 2021​

Employment Duration4 yrs 10 mos​

• TitleSr. Executive Producer​

Dates EmployedFeb 2008 – Mar 2016​

Employment Duration8 yrs 2 mos​

And most definitely not because she was a studio head in charge of production of fucking remasters - of which one failed miserably due not only to battle.net but also the entire scope of the shovel ware development.​

Any questions?

Do not get her confused with someone with actual talent:

^^^ That.

Capiche?
I totally agree that she was put in place for the SJW shit, it just so happens that she also *in theory* has relevent experience which would help a failing company moving to a nostalgia buisness model and should be worth her pay if she isn't an empty suit (I'd say 90% chance she is an empty suit).

Remember that the Final Fantasy franchise hibernated on rereleases, spinoffs and remasters for a decade after the colossal fuckups of FF12 and FF13 until they found someone seemily capable of reviving interest in it.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme

And this is why I know you are a fucking moron when it comes to executive pay at these levels.

The past experiences and credentials are how you get hired. They are NOT how you value your salary in these positions. THAT value is derived from your ability to provide a vision to the company of your leadership ideas and your ability to convince the company of the value of those ideas. It is then incumbant upon YOU to negotiate that vision and value into a compensation package YOU are willing to agree to in order to execute this vision (TM). It has FUCK ALL to do with any past/present/or future hires at that position.

If she actually WAS the Yoshi-P of Blizzard and was capable of completely remaking the company into what it was in the early 2000's, then she would be a fucking IDIOT to try and handcuff her compensation to someone else who held the same position and saw it fail completely. She would use her vision to start the turn around and THEN negotiate for more money after it was evident her ideas were working. THAT is how you actually grow your compensation in the executive world.

SHE was just like you, however. Lazy, irrational, shitlib who wants everything handed to them up-front without having to put in ANY effort to the task at hand. Fuck all of you.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Let's compare the resumes of these two people and see who would be making more from a logical perspective of how long they have been in the industry, how long they have been an executive in that industry, and how long they have been an executive at Fortune 50 companies in the industry (since those are the ones that pay executives retarded amounts of money). If you took all the identifying information away from those two resumes then there is one that you would assume is in another stratosphere of the industry as the other and has been there for over a decade; it isn't even close.

The fucking idiot who probably will face no consequences because he is too insulated by insider knowledge

The other fucking idiot who probably will face no consequences for being an idiot because gender

They can probably both afford to retire today and have their great grandkids not have to worry about money, so this is all dick swinging anyways.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
And this is why I know you are a fucking moron when it comes to executive pay at these levels.

The past experiences and credentials are how you get hired. They are NOT how you value your salary in these positions. THAT value is derived from your ability to provide a vision to the company of your leadership ideas and your ability to convince the company of the value of those ideas. It is then incumbant upon YOU to negotiate that vision and value into a compensation package YOU are willing to agree to in order to execute this vision (TM). It has FUCK ALL to do with any past/present/or future hires at that position.

If she actually WAS the Yoshi-P of Blizzard and was capable of completely remaking the company into what it was in the early 2000's, then she would be a fucking IDIOT to try and handcuff her compensation to someone else who held the same position and saw it fail completely. She would use her vision to start the turn around and THEN negotiate for more money after it was evident her ideas were working. THAT is how you actually grow your compensation in the executive world.

SHE was just like you, however. Lazy, irrational, shitlib who wants everything handed to them up-front without having to put in ANY effort to the task at hand. Fuck all of you.
Like I said before, the way it works is shit and wrong. Pay should go into keeping and developing actual productive people, not who can spout enough corporate speak to fellate the CEO until compensation spurts out.

• 1Moron