Blizzcon 2014 - Who's going?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They probably don't want to answer them. Just because the game didn't come together doesn't mean some of the ideas for it couldn't be reused elsewhere. No sense in giving away free information.

xzi

Mouthbreather
This director for the Warcraft movie seems pretty genuine in his interest in Warcraft and that makes me happy.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well it's not more MOBA faggotry. Great opening Cinematic. Similar to TF2 but faster pace, Greater variety of characters and abilities. It just looked fun.
I just watched the trailer. Looked like a typical FPS TF2 type of game. Giant arena and a bunch of different champs/heros/characters to play. Other than the slick look to it (great graphics), is it anything new or special? I didn't see much. But I'm not an FPS player, so to a person who loves TF2ish kind of games, what is the draw other than it being new?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just watched the trailer. Looked like a typical FPS TF2 type of game. Giant arena and a bunch of different champs/heros/characters to play. Other than the slick look to it (great graphics), is it anything new or special? I didn't see much. But I'm not an FPS player, so to a person who loves TF2ish kind of games, what is the draw other than it being new?
Just seems to have a very wide variety of classes and abilties. As much as I hate to admit it. They might be going for a MOBA feel with many classes and abilties, possible hook for FTP option. Plus it's blizzard so you can expect a game that feels good. That's pretty much it. Nothing earth shattering, just news since it's Blizzard and IMO looks very fun.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Is it just deathmatches or capture point style games? The one think I like about LOL/DOTA is the game has a certain strategy and objectives to it outside of running circles around the map. There is a general sense of pushing and pulling across the map with different strategies.

Edit:
I guess we'll have to suffer Tenks white knighting this game too, defending it with 500 posts or more for the next year.
Sigh

Tenks

Guess I'll have to endure Draegan posting misinformation and opinions on a game he's never played for another year now too. I could answer your question but you're such an insufferable cunt I'll choose not to do it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It being new, by Blizzard and sporting slick graphics is all it really needs to be huge. Valve doesn't do 3's so TF3 will never, ever happen.

I didn't get in on TF2 when it was fresh so I find Overwatch pretty appealing. I've only watched one trailer and it was just announced today, so I'll wait for more information to see how it separates itself from other similar shooters.

I didn't get in on TF2 when it was fresh so I find Overwatch pretty appealing.
Same. I think anyone who missed the boat on TF2 but was interested will be in on this game at the ground level. Like Draegan, I'm not a huge FPS player outside of games like Borderlands but I'll likely give this one a shot. I like the idea of MOBA-esque abilities in a shooter, so I hope this pans out.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
So... about that next MMOG game?
frown.png

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is it just deathmatches or capture point style games? The one think I like about LOL/DOTA is the game has a certain strategy and objectives to it outside of running circles around the map. There is a general sense of pushing and pulling across the map with different strategies.

Edit:
I guess we'll have to suffer Tenks white knighting this game too, defending it with 500 posts or more for the next year.
Sigh
I think it has payload and one other mode announced. I don't think we will see any new gameplay mechanics, at least they didn't mention any. If you like tf2 you will most likely like this. The only cross genre aspect that I see is the variety of classes and how they play.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
They've said there is NO deathmatch mode for Overwatch. They don't find that kind of gameplay interesting as it goes against their vision of a "less lethal" gameplay where you don't die too fast or too easily and have time to enjoy your game. The goal of the game is to cooperate as a team to reach the objective, not to increase your kill counter.

That's also why they're making a few hero types that aren't really meant for mass murdering others, but instead meant for support or area control.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm not sold on this at all. TF2 was an abortion compared to TFC, so calling me skeptical is optimistic.

This screams like a casual fps playland to me.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
WoW was a more casual MMORPG and look how bad it failed, right?

They've said on the panel that it's MEANT to be casual, it's meant to be more easily approachable by the masses, that's why they have different types of gameplay inside the teams, that's why you can respawn as a different hero. It's supposed to be easy to play.

And then the hats come.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
It absolutely was an abortion compared to TFC. They removed grenades, sold out the gamplay in order to sell the same game to consoles.

That's objectively as much of an abortion as you can get.

Tenks

I played more TFC than I played TF2 but even I know TF2 is objectively the better game