Blizzcon 2014 - Who's going?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Dumar's homepage.

PS : sorry in advance for your loss of two hours from clicking TVTropes.
Indeed. This one is more applicable here:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...monDenominator

There's no question TF2 gameplay was designed for portability to consoles. You cannot throw grenades like in tfc with a controller. It simply isn't possible, so they removed them, and with them, a huge part of what made team fortress what it was. Sure, they gave some bs explanation (I don't recall what it was offhand), but make no mistake, the integrity of the developers and the gaming community suffered at the altar of higher profits the day that decision was made.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So is Michelle Morrow a big deal? I was kinda of surprised to see her on the Desk.

My wife went to High School with her and I met her at their 10 year reunion. Michelle made it sound like she was a big deal in the gaming community. If I recall correctly I think she even mentioned WoW but I had never heard of her, so I wrote it off as someone trying to impress people at their reunion. She came off like she thought she was "SO IMPORTANT", but I also realize that a High School Reunion environment is not a fair place to make a judgement about someone especially a first impression. She might be the nicest person ever, I have no idea.

When I saw her on the desk I was trying to figure out how I knew her because frankly I have not heard of her since that reunion. Is she a big deal and I just out of the loop?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Guess I'll have to endure Draegan posting misinformation and opinions on a game he's never played for another year now too. I could answer your question but you're such an insufferable cunt I'll choose not to do it.
Oh boohoo, someone doesn't like your newbie MOBA.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
After reading the press release, this game is dead to me. Should be to all of you. I'm so fucking sick of the word 'accessibility'. Emphasis mine:

Mike Morhaime_sl said:
The action of Overwatch takes place in a technologically advanced, highly stylized future earth. In a time of global crisis, an international task force of soldiers, scientists, adventurers, and oddities known as Overwatch had come together to restore peace to a war-torn world. After many years, the group's influence waned, and it was eventually disbanded. Overwatch might be gone now . . . but the world still needs heroes.

With an emphasis on accessibilityand pure fun, Overwatch brings Blizzard's signature easy-to-learn, hard-to-master gameplay to the FPS genre. Harnessing the power of their hero of choice, players will join forces in teams of six and battle each other across a range of futuristic global locations, from the hologram-lit streets of London to a bazaar in the shadows of a high-tech Egyptian pyramid. Every battlefield is iconic and built to highlight each character's unique abilities, and fights can shift from streets to rooftops to open skies within the span of a breath.

"Overwatch is our take on a vibrant, near-future universe with amped-up characters and action-packed team-based gameplay," saidMike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With every new Blizzard game, we look at our favorite aspects of a genre and put our own spin on things. Our goal with Overwatch is tocreate an awesome FPS experience that's more accessible to a much wider audiencewhile delivering the action and depth that shooter fans love."
Go accessibly fuck yourself.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lol Dumar vanishes for a month and returns just in time for Blizzcon. Are you posting from Blizzcon Dumar?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hey, I will shit all over Dumar's usual 'BRING BACK DIVINING RODS AND FORAGING' bullshit, but TFC >>> TF2. I still prefer the HL1 mods to the gen 2 versions on pretty much all of them, even today. HL1 was a snappy engine that encouraged practice and precision, HL2 went all Tribes 2 'LOOK MAH I HAVE PHYSICSSSSSSS!' bullshitty.

TFC > TF2
HL1 > HL2
CS > CS:S
NS > NS2
Firearms, Desert Siege, etc. etc... fuck I barely played HL2 at all compared to how much I loved everything HL1.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hey, I will shit all over Dumar's usual 'BRING BACK DIVINING RODS AND FORAGING' bullshit, but TFC >>> TF2. I still prefer the HL1 mods to the gen 2 versions on pretty much all of them, even today. HL1 was a snappy engine that encouraged practice and precision, HL2 went all Tribes 2 'LOOK MAH I HAVE PHYSICSSSSSSS!' bullshitty.

TFC > TF2
HL1 > HL2
CS > CS:S
NS > NS2
Firearms, Desert Siege, etc. etc... fuck I barely played HL2 at all compared to how much I loved everything HL1.
You're literally the first person I've ever seen to say HL2 is worse than anything.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh boohoo, someone doesn't like your newbie MOBA.
Says the person that plays LoL which is a dumbed down DOTA which is a dumbed down WC3 which is a dumbed down BW. You are literally playing the Justin Bieber of video games and somehow think you have this high ground to stand on and look down on other games.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You're literally the first person I've ever seen to say HL2 is worse than anything.
I really didn't care for HL2, everything about it just didn't match expectations. The physics were OK but still a bit wonky, the graphics were better but not excellent, the story was a terrible follow up from HL1 and the setting was miserable compared to Black Mesa. I got to someplace in Episode 1 until I just couldn't give a shit about Croatia anymore. HL1 was in every way more amazing than HL2 when considering the release date, sorry to say. Not to say HL2 was bad, but it was entirely eclipsed by the achievements of its predecessor.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
aww yiss best part is the cringe worthy talent contests before the godlike costume contest
There is a Heroes of the Storm costume of the Pajamathur Abathur skin that is amazing.

Dustin Browder on Twitter:

pajamathur-zerg.png

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
TF2 is still a blast. Sure its log in and play but in the current state of gaming TF2 still holds up. My 6 and 10 year olds play it and have fun as well. Like most FPS games (which btw I play a lot of) if you suck at FPS then you still suck at TF2. If you are good you can dominate the game or at least keep you head above water. Sure your team can get their asses handed to them with shitty teammates but a team that works together is just a thing of beauty. OW looks pretty fun and hopefully keeps my interest as much as TF2 does. There just aren't that many games in the world that are free that can keep peoples interested like TF2 has. I have never spent a cent.