Blood Bowl, Season 4

dat kick though. Best skill for elves period imo.

Funkor, that picture is hilarious. I'm sad about the impending deaths of my Wardancers but at least I have other star players right? RIGHT? Oh wait, my team is mostly dead.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, pretty much because wood elves. Elves in general are never out of a game. I think the biggest issue with your roster is you have all of your skill ups focused on your WDs, so if anyone ever does manage to even KO them, you are playing with unskilled derps. AG4, unskilled derps, but derps none the less. Hence all the frustration. Its only going to get worse now that people are loading up on tackle to deal with stuff like my all Blodger bullshit. You should take a look at Xander's team, because that's a really well set up elf roster with the skills spread around and a good mix of abilities.

The team being mostly dead means you pretty much do always have star players, like Morg and a Wizard every game!

Anyhow, I am going to roll out the Fighting Cephelopods for this season. I did have a lot of fun with the Zons this season, even if my passing game largely took a shit (failing rerollable 3s like a boss to pass!), but I would much rather play something more in the pack TV wise. Plus, that roster is about as good as it is ever going to get, really, outside of getting Fend on a bunch of people, which would make facing them about as fun as dragging your balls along a cheese grater.

The spp all on my WDs actually wasn't intentional, they are just the ones I always use my Apothecary on. I actually try to spread out the spp as much as I can. At least it was a good spread before this season.

Maybe I'm just too aggressive with them. I tend to use my linemen as cannon fodder, haha. I shouldn't be too surprised that they die.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Can always swap up to the AV8 High or Dark elves if you want more durable fodder.

Just can't become too attached to players on more fragile teams unless you play hyper conservatively, and then you don't win as many games! I will sacrifice dudes all day long to make big plays because this game eventually throws so much damn money to your team that you bank far too much cash. Elves are easy to skill up so fuck em, let em die, and use freebooters whenever you can since you don't care about them.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only time it is a bummer is when you end up having to put 8 on the pitch or worse. Nice thing about zons being so cheap is I have a nice deep bench. I have not had to put less than 11 on the pitch at kickoff since like the third game I played with them.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Season 5 over, Phazael the winner with his Amazon Bush Leaguers.

Applications are open now for new teams/players so if you want to swap please apply to the league with a different team and I will shuffle them for you. Otherwise if you are sticking with the same team you don't have to do anything. We'll try to start the next season next Wednesday since it always takes us a few days to work out applications and so on.

Well, I'm sacking up and continuing with my woodies. Spent most of my nest egg to buy a new Wardancer, new Thrower, and a couple linemen to get up to 12 and I'm sticking with them (assuming we don't have too many low tv, in which case I'll have them sit some). I just enjoy this team too much to give up on them. Kinda funny that with 12 players, only 4 have more than 10 games under their belt and 4 more are rookies.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I might have to snail mail Cutlery and see if he's still alive at least, he was a pretty decent guy irl.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Funk I will re-app with the 'Pods later tonight. Zons can take a powder this season.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Just got a guard blitzer, so tempting to stick with my DE but I think I'm going to shelve them for a season because I really don't want to be facing 600k+ inducements every game. I have a Naggorath Orc team at 1200 TV, 3 leveled blizters and 2 levels black orcs, would anyone mind if I apped with them? Also considering going with a necro team.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Any team should be fine as long as it doesn't have some stupid shenanigans like doubles skill-ups farmed on every player.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I assume they have to have been used in a prior RR league, though, right?

As long as someone didn't farm doubles like that I don't really care, personally. I have several teams I've played a season of in other leagues that I could use if I wanted to.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
I agree. If we still had 20+ people in the league you could run teams like that but we just don't have the pool of people available to play like we used to.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Just prefacing that I'm not saying that I'm ready to try another team yet. However, will there be a season of new/newish teams before BB 2 comes out? Probably not I suppose.

If we're going to allow outside teams, I'm considering playing an Underworld team I played in one season of one of cKnoor's leagues. I think it's sitting at about 1350.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Just prefacing that I'm not saying that I'm ready to try another team yet. However, will there be a season of new/newish teams before BB 2 comes out? Probably not I suppose.
If we all agreed ahead of time we could field a full spread of rookie teams sure. Some folks are just starting to get legs on their new team (superhiro) so this season might not be the one for it.

BB2 is supposed to be the end of the year or something so we still have a few seasons to go.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Phazael and Gavinrad teams have been swapped in. Xannder just go ahead and apply with the team you want to the league and I'll trade it out.

Anyone else thinking of trading teams?