Blood Bowl

moontayle

Golden Squire
I like that division idea. 4 might be too much though, but I guess it depends on how many people actually want to play.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I have one guy with a Smashed Knee, Broken Back, and Cracked Head. He's, like, a level 4 runner and I know I should replace him, but watching him keep adding to the list has become a guilty pleasure of mine.
Eh, as long as he doesn't lose a str or something, keep em around. He can still run the ball, just slowly. And you should be protecting him, so his niggle and -av shouldn't matter if you're lucky. I just loaded up my dark elf team to help out Ronne, and looked at all the injuries on that thing...man. They stack up when you've had a team for a long time.

-----------

I wanted to post these so that hopefully the people that are still having some trouble with agility teams might get an idea of what not to do here --

If you're DE's and playing dwarves, this is what you don't do --
rrr_img_8230.jpg

See how you've got 6 elves tied up by 3 dwarves there in the middle? When you're playing finesse, this is what you don't want to happen, it outnumbers you in other places on the pitch. Those 3 dwarves aren't worth the effort of 6 elves.

rrr_img_8232.jpg

Same thing here. 7 elves vs 2 dwarves. You don't gotta beat them down, you just gotta dance around them. Your game is fancy ball handling and dodging. Their game is smash your face. If you're gonna play their game, you'll lose every time. It's just like in MMA -- if you're a wrestler and your opponent is a striker, don't stand and box with him, you'll just get KTFO'd. Take him to the ground and work him there.

------------

As soon as the servers come back up and we can get going, I will create a new thread in the Competition forum for the BB league. I'll throw together some quick ground rules, and we'll see what kind of action we can get. From the sounds of it, we sure might be able to get 16 teams going. Each division just needs to have an even number of teams for it to work, so we'll figure that out when we see what kind of participation we can get. It sure looks like this is shaping up to be pretty fun with a lot of people involved. It's pretty low time commitment too, so hopefully it stays that way. We'll need a few more admins too so we've always got someone online to reset matches when things go awry.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, you did a good job against the dwarves, beat them at their own game. Just took a couple of injuries along the way.

Ill watch your orcs now.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh god why did I click this thread. I bought the LE a year or so ago when it was on sale. Played about 10 partial games and then uninstalled it in frustration. Reading through this makes me want to give it another shot. I know I'm either going to get sucked in, or flip the fuck out.
Ha, I'm in the exact same position. Within days of me starting playing this, I referred to it as "That fucking game". Whenever I play it my blood pressure goes through the roof, but I just can't put it down. I do wish a competent dev studio would take over and release the next edition with a UI that doesn't look like a chimp did it in 1998, and a decent single player campaign. That would make me sooooo happy.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
SP campaign isn't bad. It's an endless stream of opponents that gradually raise in TV. That's about all you can ask. I mean, it puts up about as much fight as a 4 year old, but other than that, it's fine.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ok, I'm beginning to actually enjoy the game, and roll with the shitty bad luck rolls. I'm definitely down for joining the league when servers are up. I've been playing Orcs so far through a campaign, and enjoy them quite a bit. Are there similar teams I should try out for variety? Or give an agi team a shot to learn that side of the game.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Ok, I'm beginning to actually enjoy the game, and roll with the shitty bad luck rolls. I'm definitely down for joining the league when servers are up. I've been playing Orcs so far through a campaign, and enjoy them quite a bit. Are there similar teams I should try out for variety? Or give an agi team a shot to learn that side of the game.
Kinda depends on which way you're leaning for which style of play you like the most. Orcs are the most damage resistant race out there, and then middle of the road in terms of ball handling and mobility. Here's a page that can handle this discussion just as well as I can.

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=318

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Well, just from looking thru the thread, it looks like we've got 15 guys that have explicitly stated in the thread that they're up for a league, which is huge. And that's not even counting most of us clowns that just hang out and slog through games all night that I KNOW are down for a league.

We should be able to do 16-20 pretty easily. The only hitch will be making sure we have divisions with equal number of teams and even number of teams. Divisional play may make it possible to have more than 1 team in the league as well, so we can have some of the more active guys play double duty and just play Stunty teams in the rookie league if need be.

I'll do all the work on setting it up when the servers come back up. I'm off Tu-Thu and all day Friday next week, so look for the new thread in Competitive Gaming then and sign up for the league and come get dirty.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ugh...I'm going to have to start playing, again, aren't I? Jesus christ, sometimes I hate this forum.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I think I'll be down to play in whatever league that gets created. I'm just trying decide if I want to play it seriously, or if I want to make a team who's only goal is to injure as many people as possible in every game. Hard decisions imo.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
I like the multi division idea, even if it's only 2 or 3 due to numbers. I'm really looking forward to this, should be much fun! Still think I'm going to have to go with an Ogre team, though I may change my mind before we get the season started, we shall see!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
AipZt.png

Couldn't win a recovery roll to save their lives. Didn't fail any vampirism rolls until the last drive of the game, when they were short so many thralls they ended up fielding all 6 vamps and only 4 thralls. Pretty funny imo.

This thread convinced me to buy the game. I'd like to play in the league. Never played a GW minis game, but played plenty of other minis games.
Tried out the recommended teams of Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, High elves and Wood elves. Liked the humans. The computer really isn't very challenging.
How does one attempt to intercept? I've sometimes gotten it to go off, and sometimes they timer runs out as I can't figure out how to even do it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You have to have someone in the path of the ball. IF you have multiple people in the path of the ball, you simply pick one of them to attempt the interception. It's a very difficult roll, and I think it's affected by enemy tackle zones.

On an unrelated note, here's my orc campaign team. Jesus fuck Orc Blitzers are SPP machines, they level almost as fast as elven catchers. My thirteenth warrior is another lvl 3 thrower.

PpngS.png

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Couple things --

Servers are back up. If you're fiending, you can join the steam beta to play multiplayer. Instructions are in this post.

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...p=29315#p29315

Second of all, I can't remember if we discussed it here or in IRC, but Dode (admin of the BB forums and was on the Khorne design team) dropped a hint that "spectator" mode may be coming soon. Huge!

Third, yes Gav -- this was my first Classic mode (started in blitz mode, what a waste of time) Orc team. You really need to find ways to feed the Black Orcs SPP otherwise they lag so far behind once they transition into their roles of tying up shitloads of players and providing assists for the blitzers.

rrr_img_8829.jpg

4th, yeah, Gav explained the intercept deal, and the roll is that you need to pass an AGI roll with a -2 modifier in order to catch, modified by tackle zones. So yes, most players will need a 6 to intercept. The interesting thing is that the intercept roll is made BEFORE the pass roll, so as soon as you declare you're going to pass, there's an intercept roll, and you don't even have to wait to see if he launches it correctly.