Blood Bowl

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Give the necro team a try for a balance between heavy hitting and movement abilities. I'm liking them a fair bit so far. You've got a few big bruisers with mummies (they are tough fuck with str5 and thick skull/regen) and still some okay running power with the ghouls as they come with dodge and a high movespeed. Only real disadvantage they have is a lack of any kind of passing game.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If someone starts up a Rerolled league let me know. I'll bring "The Lizardskins" out of retirement and join!

I was just sitting here wondering why I ever stopped playing and then it hit me: my greatest skink got killed. He was the Adrian Peterson of skinks; he could run the ball all day. But that's what I get for ignoring tackle zones and just charging to the goal line.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'll look into setting up a league, if nothing else kind of a challenge league where we can play against each other. I haven't really looked into adminning tournaments/leagues, mostly because I don't have enough friends who can tolerate playing this game to be worthwhile

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If we truly get this going should we request a sub-forum or just use this thread?

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm going to put together a rerolled league for online play, just gotta find the time to finish exploring it and then i'll post again to see who all is interested. For those interested it wouldn't be super fast paced, probably no more than one game a week.
I'd give it a go if you started a league.

And no Oblio, you are not getting a specific forum for this. We could make a league thread for it in the competitive gaming subforum though.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Keeping this Blood Bowl thread bumped could attract more people to the game. Should just use this one.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Can people who have the Legendary Edition play with those who have the Chaos Edition or the regular Blood Bowl?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can people who have the Legendary Edition play with those who have the Chaos Edition or the regular Blood Bowl?
When I was looking up some other stuff, I saw some people saying that you couldn't do this, in fact it's one of the chief complaints about the company handling it. They should have done it as DLC but for some dumbfuck reason they're doing it as a bunch of separate incompatible games.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yes, they just can't play the new teams.

There are specific circumstances where they can't (direct IP), but I believe that using the in game client, they can.

Dark Elf edition, is no longer supported, however. You need Legendary or Chaos.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Making a league now. I'll created the Rerolled Open League...a place for us all to gather. If we have enough players, we'll create a tournament league.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I just played a game of Lizards vs. Dwarves. The opposing runner broke 4 tackle zones two turns in a row to make a perfect launch pass to a blitzer near the end zone who caught it and got a TD. Most unlikely thing I have ever seen. The runner had no special skills other than block either.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
rerolled.org new league is up. I kept it "application only" in order to keep it private to us and we don't have a bunch of jackasses spamming teams up in there. As soon as I find Gavinrad, I'll make him an admin of the league, and hopefully between the 2 of us, we'll be able to approve applications pretty quickly here.

FYI, first time doing this, still learning the ropes, and there's a lot of complicated shit, so bear with me.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Any rules? Like only one team per race etc? Or just open?
Well, there's 2 ways to make a league.

You can make a tournament, which is what we'd do if we had 8 or 16 players or something, and then we can all decide on what the rules should be.

The other way is to just make a straight open league. This is set up so that you can have as many teams as you want in the league, and you can either play matchmaking in the league, or challenge other online coaches, or play ranked or unranked matches and all that bullshit. It is at it's very basic, just a place to refine us all into one search parameter, so if we're online and looking for a match, I can see "ooh, Obilio's on, I can play him."

And once we see how many people are interested in B, we can make A.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Submitted my team. Hailstorm, Orc team.

Finsihed a match earlier against an AI team, the Kemish(sp?). Egyptian undead guys. They had me dead to rights, then the ball carrier fumbled at the goal line. I picked it up with my thrower and had a guy way down the field. Easy throw and score from there. Spent the rest of the match playing keep away. Heh. They were kicking my ass too so it felt good to pull out a win.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Submitted my team. Hailstorm, Orc team.
Accepted.

For you noobs who don't quite know how to do this (because honestly, the interface is not intuitive at all), here's a tutorial.

Go to multiplayer, make a coach name and log in (it's like an old school battle.net log in).

On the overview, go to "Create Team," and build one.

Then, go to Leagues, click on the League Finder button. Enter rerolled.org, and you'll see it pop up.

On the bottom of that window, you should be able to choose your unregistered teams, and apply for the league.

Post in this thread or PM me if it's been longer than a few hours, and I'll get you approved for the league.

Doing it this, there's probably not going to be much matchmaking going on, but it will allow the noobs to play some skirmishes against the vets, and give you guys some people to play who aren't going to quit out as soon as they start losing or something like that.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for this thread, picked this up on steam and can't get enough of it.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Sounds good, I will make my team tonight. I think I am going to go with the Lizardmen, after doing a lot of reading I think they will suit the style I am hoping to play.