Blood Bowl

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Alright.

Looking for 3-4 volunteers (I'll play if I have to, but it's not necessary for me to) to start the exhibition tournament league so that we can work out any admin snafu's before the real deal starts when enough people feel comfortable.

I currently have the Rerolled Tournament Trial League set up in game. It is a 4 man tournament (for ease of administration, and so that we can quickly move this along). Games will be daily, round robin style for the "Season" followed by a playoff (probably also amongst all 4 players), so we're looking at a game a day for 4-5 days. The purpose of this is as follows -

- To see what is required to play/validate "official" matches (our league has none, currently). I have heard that replays need to be sent in for other leagues in order to be validated by admins, hinting that there may be some sort of manual process for this.

- To determine what the appropriate actions are to cover a concession/disconnect (You may be asked to manually "throw" a game if we don't have it happen by happenstance, because it most assuredly will happen during the course of an 8+ game season, and we need to know what to do about it. This will be during the regular season)

- To determine how to cover matches not played (again, you may be asked to specifically not play a game, because due to scheduling conflicts, it is entirely possible that there will be games that won't be played during an 8+ game season)

- To determine if the overtime rules for playoff games exist to force a winner (hopefully we have a playoff game we can have as a draw on Turn 16 to see if OT does take place to force a winner)

This is completely for testing purposes, no benefit will be gained from this for any future league (aside from the coaching experience). New teams are the only ones that are allowed to be accepted in this format. So, if you know you will have some time to organize games with other people over the next 4-5 days and want to roll up a new team and submit it to the REROLLED TRIAL TOURNAMENT LEAGUE, we can see how smooth this thing is going to run, and how the brackets will be assigned and whatnot. I've never done this before, and I don't know what kind of league management tools are available and how this all is gonna shake out, so we can work out the bugs before we get something major going.

No team restrictions, play what you're comfortable with, or a team you want to try out. I'll post updates as I figure out what's going on, because with no teams in the league, I don't have any admin options available yet (such as starting the season, etc).

Djay

Trakanon Raider
For some reason, it's not letting me respond to you on Steam...I'm on, though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Good idea doing a short test season. I'd volunteer to help but I'm pretty damn busy this week so I'm not sure I'd be much use.

Regarding scheduling conflicts, is there an option to play games via e-mail (i.e one player takes a turn, sends it to their opponent who can take a turn at his/her leisure, and sends it back, etc.)? While obviously not ideal for most, it could be an option that two people could decide on if they can't find a time to both be online at the same time. If it's one game a week I'd imagine that there would be plenty of time to do a full match that way.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Good idea doing a short test season. I'd volunteer to help but I'm pretty damn busy this week so I'm not sure I'd be much use.

Regarding scheduling conflicts, is there an option to play games via e-mail (i.e one player takes a turn, sends it to their opponent who can take a turn at his/her leisure, and sends it back, etc.)? While obviously not ideal for most, it could be an option that two people could decide on if they can't find a time to both be online at the same time. If it's one game a week I'd imagine that there would be plenty of time to do a full match that way.
No option for email using this particular client. I've heard there are other ways, but with things like defenders choice dice, sidestep and injury rolls (apothecary?), it would take a good long while to play a game via email.

The plan for the real league is to do 1 game a week. Should be very easy to avoid scheduling conflicts like that. Just have the 2 coaches work something out, and if nothing can be reached, call the match a draw or maybe we can postpone it. I don't know what the options are, which is what I'm hoping to find out.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I see. I love the game, but the interface and user-friendliness of it leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway, thanks for organizing all this.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I see. I love the game, but the interface and user-friendliness of it leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway, thanks for organizing all this.
We're as lucky it's as good as it is. Cyanide's other games are fucking terrible. Even this one I think only has one programmer on it, and no artist left working there to finish up all the star players. That being said, I think Blood Bowl is a fantastic game, so I'm willing to overlook some flaws.

Had a fucking great game vs Djay today, he's gonna be really goddamned good when shit gets rolling.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Vent Server is up ...

Name: rerolled.typefrag.com
Port: 63046
Password: nuffle

Currently it is only a 10 man server and I paid for a year up front, if we need more slots I will open up donations.

Please note there is a 30 minute Idle Kick Timer because of the limited space.

Lastly, I will make Hatorade and few others Admin just to avoid drama and abuse from asshats.

EDIT: Please use the same name in vent that you use for BB Coach/Steam/Rerolled

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Started playing a bit. Seems High Elves are the only team I can do anything with. Played as Lizards the first go around but I couldn't even pick up the god damn ball off the ground with those guys. So I abandoned that ship. Tried Orcs. They seemed good all around but didn't specialize in anything so the games were just frustrating since the dies would sometimes roll my way, sometimes roll against me and I couldn't predict anything. So far the High Elves seem the best but I feel like a raging faggot playing as elves. So we'll see.

Also spent all my petty cash buying the most expensive star player (like Mosh O Gosh or something) and he died on the first round. FML.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Vent Server is up ...

Name: rerolled.typefrag.com
Port: 63046
Password: nuffle

Currently it is only a 10 man server and I paid for a year up front, if we need more slots I will open up donations.

Please note there is a 30 minute Idle Kick Timer because of the limited space.

Lastly, I will make Hatorade and few others Admin just to avoid drama and abuse from asshats.

EDIT: Please use the same name in vent that you use for BB Coach/Steam/Rerolled
Nice, I will be in it as much as possible. BASH EM GUD!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Feels like my Werewolves are the most important players on the field, but they just aren't leveling up like the rest of my roster is. I'm tempted to forcefeed them TDs for a couple games to get them caught up, but I'd rather they just get the casualty numbers my linemen do. Only thing I can think of is that I use them on the outside, so they don't get as many defensive KOs.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Feels like my Werewolves are the most important players on the field, but they just aren't leveling up like the rest of my roster is. I'm tempted to forcefeed them TDs for a couple games to get them caught up, but I'd rather they just get the casualty numbers my linemen do. Only thing I can think of is that I use them on the outside, so they don't get as many defensive KOs.
Yeah, also remember that any surf casualties don't count too. There are just some players that won't level up very fast no matter what you do. Vs the AI, I feed stuff like Black Orcs/Chaos Warrior's TD's to get them up to Block/Mighty blow, then they work themselves out. In multiplayer however, that's a bit trickier to do, mostly need to rely on MVP's and luck.

It's kind of a steamroll effect. If you don't have block, you're hesitant to block with them until the end of your turn, so they get less blocks. Once they have block, they become "safe" (1/36 anyway) and you do more blocks, causing more cas. Once you get Mighty Blow, then you start using them to blitz every turn, and once you get Pile On, they just wreck face until they're superstars or they die.

Tenks

Here is my experience with the high elves. Another got injured after this. I had 3 people just managing to make a legal formation on kickoffs.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Oh, that reminds me. If I get the option of a stat increase instead of a skill, is there ever a reason not to take the stat increase? It seems like even if it's not the main stat for that player (assuming it wasn't an option), it would be worth it.

Tenks

Looks like you're trying to play the orc game with elves.
Possibly. My general idea is to clear out one side of the field and just get a catch/throw for a TD. As you see I'm winning the game even if I'm taking my entire roster out in the process. It has been having decent success outside from the rampant injuries.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Interesting game, although I'm very bad at it right now. I sort of get the mechanics (a little bit) but positioning strategy.... not so much.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Oh, that reminds me. If I get the option of a stat increase instead of a skill, is there ever a reason not to take the stat increase? It seems like even if it's not the main stat for that player (assuming it wasn't an option), it would be worth it.
Str? Very rarely. The only time I wouldn't guaranteed take STR is on a big guy, because str means doubles 6's and that means block. And if he has block, it means pro (which means less failed negatrait rolls). Even so...I had a 6 str minotaur at one point, he blitzed 3 dice on everyone 3 str with no assists. That's insanely powerful. Was maybe worth it.

Agi? I wouldn't take it on anything that's already 2 agi for the most part. Also wouldn't take it on most linemen. Complete waste for their job. So that limits AGI to people you want handling the ball, really. Throwers, catchers. Also 5 agi as opposed to 4 agi is very diminishing returns. Pick up, catches, passes would all be the same, the only difference would be that you can do it in 1 TZ instead of 0. However, 5 agi opens up leap on a 2+...

Move? Most players would benefit from move to some extent, but perhaps not more than a skill. Players that need long range, you can make a case for. Blitzers, throwers, catchers..the like.

AV? Almost no one takes it. Line fodder only. Better skills to take on people. Even on a lineman, I'd take wrestle, fend, then possibly AV, but you're almost never gonna get to 31 SPP on a lineman.