Blood Bowl

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
My 2 teams in the original edition are Chaos ( main) and Dwarf (secound) so i was all exited to have the Chaos dwarf but was kind of disapointed with them , well i just play 2 games in a campaign but still
They don't really shine out of the box, and they take a little while to get rolling, but once they do, they're pretty solid. Optimal TV in the 1400ish range. Claw on doubles, and the insane versatility of the bulls with cheap and reasonable hobgoblins and they're a pretty solid team.

I refuse to play Khorne out of principle. Omitting so much shit in this edition and somehow finding a way to build a complete new, non canon team is just insulting. How about you fix kick and break tackle and the other shit that's been broken since day 1, then we can talk about adding other shit.

badlok

N00b
They don't really shine out of the box, and they take a little while to get rolling, but once they do, they're pretty solid. Optimal TV in the 1400ish range. Claw on doubles, and the insane versatility of the bulls with cheap and reasonable hobgoblins and they're a pretty solid team.

I refuse to play Khorne out of principle. Omitting so much shit in this edition and somehow finding a way to build a complete new, non canon team is just insulting. How about you fix kick and break tackle and the other shit that's been broken since day 1, then we can talk about adding other shit.
Can't argue with none of this!

I understand their will never be a OP race and that every races have thier weakness and strength and that's the beauty of the game!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

I read some stuff about other teams not being a part of the canon too. Being that I have never read any of the Warhammer stuff I could care less, but even if I had read lore I don't think a non-canon would piss me off. Then again I really don't know the lore so maybe it would bug me. Is their true Blood Bowl Lore? I always assumed that BB was just a fun game made with characters from the Warhammer Universe.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I read some stuff about other teams not being a part of the canon too. Being that I have never read any of the Warhammer stuff I could care less, but even if I had read lore I don't think a non-canon would piss me off. Then again I really don't know the lore so maybe it would bug me. Is their true Blood Bowl Lore? I always assumed that BB was just a fun game made with characters from the Warhammer Universe.
Eh, it has very little to do with lore for me and more to do with laziness on the part of the dev's. There are already somewhat official teams in Slann and Chaos Pact (both of which would be immensely fun to play, judging from the rosters) that could have been included (Although rumor has it, GW vetoed Slann because it no longer fits with their lore), there are a shitload of star players that aren't in the game that are quite honestly, completely game changing for a team like the Underworld (along with chainsaws for basically everyone else, ball and chain for skaven, etc) and there's really no reason for them to be devoting new artwork and dev and balancing time to a completely new team when there's so much to fix of the other shit.

If you want to make new non official teams, that's fine, but complete the game first. That's all I'm saying.

Here, lets use a team you're familiar with for example --

Lizardman are able to induce --

Helmut Wulf - 6 3 3 8 - 110k
Loner, Chainsaw, Secret Weapon, Stand Firm

Hemlock - 8 2 3 7 -170k
Loner, Block, Dodge, Sidestep, Jump Up, Stab, Stunty

Lottabottol - 8 3 3 8 - 220k
Loner, Diving Tackle, Jump Up, Leap, Pass Block, Shadowing, Very Long Legs

Morg N Thorg - 6 6 3 10 - 430k
Loner, Block, Mighty Blow, Throw Team Mate, Thick Skull

Quetzal Leap - 8 2 4 7 - 250k
Loner, Catch, Diving Catch, Fend, Kick off Return, Leap, Nerves of Steel, Very Long Legs

Slibli - 7 4 1 9 - 250k
Loner, Block, Grab, Guard, Stand Firm.

The only 2 that you can induce in game are Morg and Slibli. Those other guys fill very valuable roles on the team, I'd be willing to bet there are more than a number of lizard teams who would love to induce a stab or a chainsaw guy to help deal with dodge teams before they get block on their saurii. That's the kinda of shit I'm talking about.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
If folks are really wanting the full rule set including Star Players/Slann/Underworld/etc you can tryhttp://www.fumbbl.com/. They finished up a client that is compliant enough with Game Workshop's copyright stuff that it can't be sued.

No integration with Steam though of course so you need to use their league management stuff which is probably a lot more annoying than Cyanide's.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any actual confirmation that's really Angry Joe posting in that thread? I mean I realize he isn't exactly a super high profile person so I can't imagine why some random dude would impersonate him, but I've loved the few vids of his that I've seen, so I find the thought of him being such a retarded douche to be kind of disappointing.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That dude's full of shit, and they've already torn him apart in that thread.
I only read his post, I didn't read the responses. Just thought it was interesting based on our conversation of the non-canon teams and lack of star players.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, apparently Blood Bowl 2 is how those tards at Cyanide were originally going to try and market the Legendary edition or wtfever.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Well, the thing that makes it kinda suspicious to me is that Kingy10Kingy douche comes in, starts a "What would you like to see in BB 2?" thread, where everyone basically shits on him for it because his suggestions are fucking retarded, and then a day later, Angry Joe shows up with "proof." IP check plz!

Yeah, ooookay.

As far as I understand, Cyanide/Focus had a 3 game contract with GW. They fulfilled that contract with the Dark Elf, Legendary and Chaos editions. They're done, and nothing new has been announced officially, so he's just blowing smoke as far as I'm concerned.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I tried to play a game as Chaos today and forgot to score points in lieu of trying to kill my opponent's team

moontayle

Golden Squire
Is there a good way of inuring the team other than praying the dies roll in your favor? It felt out of my control.

Also what is the point of stomping on people on the ground?
You can injure them and get them off the field. Don't do it unless they ref isn't looking that way though. Otherwise your player gets kicked off the field instead, regardless of the outcome.

In the beginning it's largely the roll of the injury dice on their end. As your players level sometimes they can take stuff like Mighty Blow which adds to that chance. Some teams start off better equipped for this (e.g. Dwarf) and some teams shouldn't even bother. Show me an Elf coach that likes to bash and I'll show you a team with more injuries than touchdowns.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can injure them and get them off the field. Don't do it unless they ref isn't looking that way though. Otherwise your player gets kicked off the field instead, regardless of the outcome.

In the beginning it's largely the roll of the injury dice on their end. As your players level sometimes they can take stuff like Mighty Blow which adds to that chance. Some teams start off better equipped for this (e.g. Dwarf) and some teams shouldn't even bother. Show me an Elf coach that likes to bash and I'll show you a team with more injuries than touchdowns.
Rofl, the ref has nothing to do with it. When you foul a player on the pitch, you automatically get to attempt to break his armor as if you had just knocked him down, except on a foul, you get a +1 to the armor roll for every teammate assisting on the foul. So for a random example, lets say you managed to knock down that treant somehow. Ordinarily, the odds of injuring a treant are pretty minimal due to that AV 10. Lets say you foul him with a good old fashion clusterfuck of 6 dudes. 1 dude doing the fouling + 5 assists = 2d6+5, giving you a much better chance to break his armor and roll on the injury table. On the other end of the armor spectrum, lets say you see a nice juicy AV 7 witch elf down on the ground. Even a solo foul has at least a decent chance of breaking that armor.

The person doing the fouling gets ejected if you roll doubles on the armor break roll, regardless of whether you break armor or not.

*edit*

The Sneaky Git skill lets you avoid ejection on doubles if you fail to break armor, you still get ejected on a successful armor break.

Foul gives you a +1 on the armor roll, only if the person initiating the foul has the skill

The Bribe inducement lets you avoid an ejection on a 2+ on 1d6, one use per bribe

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Is there a good way of inuring the team other than praying the dies roll in your favor? It felt out of my control.

Also what is the point of stomping on people on the ground?
It's actually in one of the descriptions for Chaos in game -- something to the effect of "They're not terribly concerned about playing the ball, at least not as long as there's able bodied opposition alive on the pitch, anyway!" In the beginning, injuries are entirely random, until you start developing killers -- claw, mighty blow, pile on, tackle, maybe frenzy. Guys who's sole purpose on the pitch is to injure the opposition as efficiently as possible. Guys like this 223spp motherfucker here --

rrr_img_7519.jpg

That's right, 78 casualties caused in 73 games. And averages outright killing someone once every 10 games. He's not there to score, he's not there to pass, he's not there to do shit except slaughter as many people as possible. It's effective, but it won't make you popular.

I'm sure the original intent of fouling (which, despite it's name, is entirely legal and within game rules) was to counter Pile On, and other skills which put your players on the ground. If your opponent has a MB/PO guy, and he keeps injuring your guys, group up 3 or 4 people on him, and gang foul him. It evens things out a little bit. Some would say not far enough, but yeah, the basic purpose is so that every team (including the not bashy ones) have a way of inflicting injury on the opposition.

Show me an Elf coach that likes to bash and I'll show you a team with more injuries than touchdowns.
Nah. Even elves develop killers, because it's efficient. Dark Elf, for example has 4 blitzers. You're almost guaranteed to get 2 doubles on one of those blitzers, so the natural skills to take are Mighty Blow and Piling On. Why? Well, they're not running the ball anyway, you've got other players you've built specifically for that purpose. The killer role is to hunt down and take out high value opposition players, no matter what race they are. I promise you, if you can take out your opponent's runner or thrower, you're in a much better situation than if you had just built your players to their strengths.

Hell, even on almost all elf teams, I'll take Mighty Blow on probably half of the doubles I roll, because it's just that fucking good. It generates SPP, it makes the next level come faster, and it removes players from the pitch. There's no downsides to it.

The person doing the fouling gets ejected if you roll doubles on the armor break roll, regardless of whether you break armor or not.
Gavinrad gave analmostperfect write up here, but forgot just one detail...the fouler gets ejected on doubles on the armor break, OR on the injury roll. So you've got 2 chances to get ejected if you actually manage to break armor. Sneaky Git is a great skill for lone fouls, but oddly, it diminishes in value quite quickly when used efficiently -- the gang foul has a very high probability of breaking armor and therefore rolling an injury roll, so you're actually more likely to get ejected when you foul "properly" (ie, with enough assists to reduce target's armor below 7) than you do when you're just stomping on people because you can't think of anything better to do.

rrr_img_7519.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I took Pile On with my Minotaur and I'm thinking it was a mistake. Since he ignores my commands about half the time after he falls down it isn't out of the ordinary for him to take 3 turns to get his ass back up.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I took Pile On with my Minotaur and I'm thinking it was a mistake. Since he ignores my commands about half the time after he falls down it isn't out of the ordinary for him to take 3 turns to get his ass back up.
Yup, that was a mistake. Your minotaur is av 8 (average), and very, very expensive. Putting him on the ground opens up the door to him getting fouled, and as you already know, he might be there for awhile...

Fire him. If I don't roll doubles on a mino, I get claws, tentacles, then juggernaut if I haven't gotten a double for Block by then. Most won't live that long.