Blood Bowl

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but I pretty much group him in with the Saurus. Do you use him other than to do the tail whip thing and provide extra strength on the line?
No, he's basically there for the extra muscle, and the prehensile tail, to lock down dodgers.

But, unlike other big guys who are entirely optional, you'll find very few lizard coaches who don't use a Krox.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I ran with Krox, 6 Saurus and 4 Skinks. Only 2 Rerolls to start, but I figure since this is a league we will have time to build up our teams.

I assume whatever we do with our rosters over the next few weeks will stick when we run a tournament?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I ran with Krox, 6 Saurus and 4 Skinks. Only 2 Rerolls to start, but I figure since this is a league we will have time to build up our teams.

I assume whatever we do with our rosters over the next few weeks will stick when we run a tournament?
That depends on what people want. The bottom line is that inducements really don't do enough to even out differences in TV, and it would be unfair to someone with a relatively fresh team to be going up a veteran team. If we do an actual league season with pairings and what not, that will most certainly be with teams created specifically for that season and played in no unscheduled games.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

That is my exact team. I've found decent success with it in the past, but it can be frustrating to start as your skinks get knocked out easily and your Sauruses lack any skills.

No, he's basically there for the extra muscle, and the prehensile tail, to lock down dodgers.
Tell that to Hatorade. My Krox basically won me our game last night with a perfectly timed blitz that knocked the ball lose. Really though, you're right. I find Krox is great for holding the center with his prehensile tail and clearing a running lane up the middle if necessary. I'd say he never even moves in the majority of my games.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tell that to Hatorade. My Krox basically won me our game last night with a perfectly timed blitz that knocked the ball lose. Really though, you're right. I find Krox is great for holding the center with his prehensile tail and clearing a running lane up the middle if necessary. I'd say he never even moves in the majority of my games.
Most bruisers aren't very mobile. I mean they typically have a pretty low MA anyway, but their drawbacks generally inhibit movement.

Stupid - 50% chance to do nothing when trying to act, unless you have a non-stupid teammate next to the stupid one, in which case its a 1/6

Wild Animal - 50% chance to do nothing when trying to act, unless that action is a blitz or a block, in which case its a 1/6

Take root - 1/6 chance any time you take an action to take root and have your MA reduced to 0 for the rest of the drive, unless the treant is knocked down or placed prone. While rooted you can't use skills that drop you prone (and obviously you can't block your own tree to try and knock him down)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Most bruisers aren't very mobile. I mean they typically have a pretty low MA anyway, but their drawbacks generally inhibit movement.

Stupid - 50% chance to do nothing when trying to act, unless you have a non-stupid teammate next to the stupid one, in which case its a 1/6

Wild Animal - 50% chance to do nothing when trying to act, unless that action is a blitz or a block, in which case its a 1/6

Take root - 1/6 chance any time you take an action to take root and have your MA reduced to 0 for the rest of the drive, unless the treant is knocked down or placed prone. While rooted you can't use skills that drop you prone (and obviously you can't block your own tree to try and knock him down)
Yes I will admit a bad string of unlucky bonehead rolls has had me on the verge of throwing my mouse at the wall before. Especially when he gets knocked down and bonehead prevents him from even standing up, making him 100% useless in every way.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Highlight of a recent SP game against a norse team.

9F2nL.jpg

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
That depends on what people want. The bottom line is that inducements really don't do enough to even out differences in TV, and it would be unfair to someone with a relatively fresh team to be going up a veteran team. If we do an actual league season with pairings and what not, that will most certainly be with teams created specifically for that season and played in no unscheduled games.
Yeah, this is gonna be the only way a real league is gonna work. We can play ranked matches in the open league for bragging rights or whatever, but if we do an actual competition type thing, what will happen is we'll need 8/16/32ish people, split them into manageable divisions, and then set it up so that everyone has one game a week to play, round robin, play every other team in the division once, and then a playoff bracket with top teams in each. Everyone needs to start on a level playing field in order for that to happen, because there's basically no way a 1000 TV team can compete with something like a 2k dark elf team. They'd just get danced around and beat to a pulp, and no amount of wizards or bribes would stop that.

As far as big guys, the way most people use them is just to throw Guard/tentacles/prehensile tail on them (for ogres, trolls, krox) and then leave them there. Better to NOT block than for him to go stupid. Yhetees and Mino's people end up getting claw/mb/frenzy if they can and using them as blitzers/surfers. The 3 die block is usually worth the wild animal risk.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
TwoPint is mine...bought this a long time ago and barely touched it. I'll have more incentive to play when we get matches scheduled.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Well I have to say as a married guy with kids I think this will be the perfect game for me.

A. it is fun
B. an organized tournament/league will require minimal time (1-2 games per week)
C. When I do have spare time I can play in the open league as much as I want

BB has that MMO feel without the MMO grind, I am thrilled ReRo started a league and I will do everything I can to help support/perpetuate it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Loving this game so far, now if I could just win a match, lol. Have read the manual first 20 pages or so and watched the youtube tutorial and still getting my ass kicked my the computer.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Just Picked this up. I used to play the tabletop years ago and it was one of favourite games. Still have my Skaven team too! Is it pretty much identical to the tabletop? Ill join the league once I get familiarized with all the shit.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Just join the league anyway. You'll need people to play against and most of us are noobs anyway and those who aren't can really help.

I think we're running classic rules which is the same as tabletop.