Blood Bowl

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Exactly why there should be more admins ... no offense to you Cutlery but it is just silly Scream has to wait on one or two people.
Wasn't what that was about.

Scream D/C'd during a match, I waited around a little while for him, and he never came back.

There's never anyone in the queue to get a team approved. That's not the problem at all. I can see how that quote would be a little confusing, but no...teams get approved pretty much instantly.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wasn't what that was about.

Scream D/C'd during a match, I waited around a little while for him, and he never came back.

There's never anyone in the queue to get a team approved. That's not the problem at all. I can see how that quote would be a little confusing, but no...teams get approved pretty much instantly.
I agree with Oblio need more people to approve, can cut them down once everyone has a team they stick with etc.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Ok, I did a Campaign instead of Story mode and this is more fun.

I see that my players get SP for MVPs and TDs...anything else? Doesn't seem like killing someone got me any.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
MVP is worth 5 SPPs, scoring is worth 3 SPPs, inflicting a casualty is worth 2 SPPs but not if its on a failed dodge roll during an opponents turn. Dunno if this is a bug or intended to keep people from being able to powerlevel other people.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
I'm new to the game and have been playing an Orc team in campaign mode. What do you generally spend your cash on after you have an apothecary? I went with a pretty standard orc team: 4 black orcs, 4 blitzers, 2 lineman, 1 thrower and 3 rerolls. I've picked up a second thrower as a backup but the troll doesn't seem like it's worth the investment, especially since both of my lineman leveled really early.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
MVP is worth 5 SPPs, scoring is worth 3 SPPs, inflicting a casualty is worth 2 SPPs but not if its on a failed dodge roll during an opponents turn. Dunno if this is a bug or intended to keep people from being able to powerlevel other people.
No bug. The injury needs to happen as a result of a block. Failing a dodge or a GFI is the other person inflicting the casualty on themselves.

I agree with Oblio need more people to approve, can cut them down once everyone has a team they stick with etc.
There's literally no queue. Someone personally told me earlier that they made a new team, and in the 2 minutes it took me to log in and check, it had already been approved by Gavin.

I'm new to the game and have been playing an Orc team in campaign mode. What do you generally spend your cash on after you have an apothecary? I went with a pretty standard orc team: 4 black orcs, 4 blitzers, 2 lineman, 1 thrower and 3 rerolls. I've picked up a second thrower as a backup but the troll doesn't seem like it's worth the investment, especially since both of my lineman leveled really early.
Troll is up to you...he requires more babysitting and effort, but he's an excellent roadblock and is useful for overpowering the stronger teams. I generally only run one reserve when I'm playing Orcs or Chaos, and it's a lineman (or beastman, as the case may be). Extra thrower CAN be useful if you want to build one for offense and one for defense, but I personally don't see the need. You basically save the cash for the game you have a blitzer killed on turn 1, healed to dead, and then end up getting something devastating later on, like a -str somewhere, and have to replace that guy too.

It will happen.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
I had fun playing against Hatorade the other night, we got two games in with some of the most horrible rolls ever, I failed two hand offs... The last game rain started and we spent 4 turns trying to pick up the ball sitting on right outside my endzone. I'm off tomorrow and will be online if anyone is looking for an easy win against some big meat slabs.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys I plan on getting a RRBB dedicated vent server up, just debating on how many slots.

Tell me how many slots we need and I will have it up by tomorrow at the latest.

twincannon_sl

shitlord
Got this to play in a league with a buddy. Played the tabletop version years ago and I had some fun, but man, I dunno what it is about the computer version but I just can't get into it. Looks like others here share this experience. Maybe it's because playing a physical game is lighter and it's easier to make jokes and have fun, but fuck this game is so frustrating on computer. It promotes so much strategy and thought and then oh hey shitty dice rolls and turnovers, you lose gg.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shitty rolls are fun in person cause Blood Bowl is a hang out and have fun kinda game. Shitty rolls on the computer just make me want to choke a bitch.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Never played tabletop, got into the game in the online version a year or so ago. I can see how tabletop would have kind of a Risk feel -- sit around with your buddies and laugh when he rolls trip 1's, but in all honesty, the RNG is actually better in this game than any set of dice are, so I dunno. It seems to be the most common complaint about the game, but hey...it's dice. Sometimes you win, sometimes your blitzer dies on a GFI.

Ah, missed this yesterday.

Possibly, I'll have to pay closer attention to when it's happening next time but that makes sense. Also have some lvl1 lineman that turned loner from a concussion so the frequency of it happening would make sense if it's those two guys who are just constantly trying to hit people up front. Thanks.
They won't "turn" loner because of a concussion, but if a lineman gets a concussion and you're running 11 players, the game will give you a mercenary lineman (who comes with loner) to get your ranks back up to 11 for the game while your other guy sits out injured for a game. So yeah, if you've got 2 loners on the line, that would be the cause of that. When you fail the loner roll (50%), the dice screen just flashes and that's what you get. It should probably be explained a little better, but it is all in the combat log for you to look at.

Big guys I try to set up 3 die blocks with whenever possible, mitigates the effects of loner, and always do their action last, so that if I fail it, I usually just take the turnover rather than burning the reroll. Loner mercenaries I just use for line fodder duty, or to foul with. If I can send them home dead, all the better.