Bloodborne

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just killed Martyr Logarius last night. He was the hardest boss to me so far. Just a bit too random for me. I desecrated his remains afterwards.

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
The game seems to really change depending on play style. There were some bosses that were labeled as very difficult online that I breezed through, and I struggled a bit on some that others had no trouble with. The hardest fight in the entire game for me was the Watch Dog Of the Old Lords (big lava spewing dog) in a chalice dungeon. Fucker must have taken me 40+ attempts to before I finally got him, and then the final chalice boss I beat on the first attempt. I still haven't bought into the DLC. I know I should, I just moved on to other things after finishing Bloodborne, and I'm scared to go back because I may have lost my muscle memory for it after all this time.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just want them to announce BB2 soon. I loved the theme when it was announced because who doesn't like werewolves; but halfway through you get werewolves mixed with Cuthulu? Sign me up for infinity more of this setting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think the theme was always "Werewolves: The Game!". That was just a small part of the larger picture

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
My favourite game of all time. I agree on playstyle really affecting what bosses you found difficult. I was able to one shot orphan, yet spent hours (and my sanity) on ebrietas. Currently stuck on ludwig on NG+, though i might be slightly underlevelled as I went in there at the start of NG+ as opposed to the end. Either way, he's kicking my ass now when I killed him fairly easily in normal game.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I beat Rom pretty easily. Took a few tries. Fighting the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst now. He's a real pain in the ass.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Defiled Amygdalla can go fuck himself with a rusty spoon, and then take said spoon and fuck the guy who thought defiled dungeons were a great idea. I really really struggled with all the bosses until ROM, then I downed all of them but Cainhurst's boss with ease until I hit the defiled chalice for my platinum. That one and the final ptumarian one were pretty tough (and awesome). I absolutely adored Bloodborne, after I got over the initial "WTF is this?" shock of seeing it go from the goth horror to Lovecraft 2/3 of the way through, it became one of the greatest games ever for me.

I just broke down and bought the Old Hunters this week, and holy shit, I've just begun but it is pretty spectacular too. Putting it down in my stupid attempt to plat Dark Souls III, even though that one did not click with me like Bloodborne did (my first "souls" game). I can't wait to plat Hunters as well.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
only boss that really gave me any problems was Watchdog in the Defiled chalice (I never had to do any of the Advanced Chalices, Isz/Loran bonus of doing them in 3rd cycle.)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I beat every souls multiple times yet I quit Bloodborne because I have no idea where to go now and just end up going in circles. I have looked at guides and maps and still can't figure it out, will go back to it one day and have that "I'm a retard" moment but not today.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I beat every souls multiple times yet I quit Bloodborne because I have no idea where to go now and just end up going in circles. I have looked at guides and maps and still can't figure it out, will go back to it one day and have that "I'm a retard" moment but not today.

Well what point were you at ? What was your last boss ?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Guessing you didn't interact with the skull that's on the Altar in the Vicars Room, after that you should be good.

Last edited:

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
So I have been battling the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst on my first play through. I tried to cheese him on the stairs the first time then felt kind of guilty. So I decided I will just git gud and fight him man to man. Took probably 10-15 tries over 2 days but I finally kicked his face in with the axe. First time I have ever used it on a boss. I cannot imagine trying to fight that bastard with another weapon.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yarg'hul the Unseen Village is some bullshit. I also found this Video kind of amusing yesterday when he is getting his ass kicked by the hunters and says I'll just go help Eileen the Crow so she can help me. Much laughs were had.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just broke down and bought the Old Hunters this week, and holy shit, I've just begun but it is pretty spectacular too. Putting it down in my stupid attempt to plat Dark Souls III, even though that one did not click with me like Bloodborne did (my first "souls" game). I can't wait to plat Hunters as well.
Absolutely same. I bought DS2 and DS3 and it's just not the same experience at all. I'm not the defensive type I guess? Plus I much preferred dodging side to side than rolling, pistol whipping Wakandans instead of bashing with my shield, and just being a lot more competent vs. a mob of mobs in BB vs. DS3.

I think I also just enjoy the environment and bosses a lot more idk. I bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne, and having never played a Souls game, I can say it was worth it just for this game alone.

Only game I'm looking forward to that could possibly live up to BB is The Last Guardian.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I love BB but I think between it and DS3 I'd have to give DS3 the nod. There is just a better variety of play styles. Doesn't detract from how great BB is though.