Bloodborne

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wish they would announce a PC release. Would love to play this again on my new gaming rig..
I'm pretty sure Sony published this one. If that's true, the only way it'll come to PC would be through their streaming service.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah Sony Japan did. In fact they didn't just publish. They own the IP like they own Demon's Souls.

From actually did a teaser last night at the awards show, and everyone is saying Bloodborne 2. I really hope not. I'd love to see a game with the same style and mechanics, but the story is complete in my mind. Where else could they even go outside of maybe Cainhurst?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Sony Japan did. In fact they didn't just publish. They own the IP like they own Demon's Souls.

From actually did a teaser last night at the awards show, and everyone is saying Bloodborne 2. I really hope not. I'd love to see a game with the same style and mechanics, but the story is complete in my mind. Where else could they even go outside of maybe Cainhurst?

Who cares? Can't go wrong with more Bloodborne. It's like Dark Souls... Dark Souls has a story its just lol and the point of the game is the Hero's Journey.

You're just trapped and are forced to do it and can't do shit about it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
From had a teaser trailer yesterday at the game award shows. IGN seems to think Bloodborne 2 while reddit thinks it's a new Shadow Tower or Tenchu.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who cares? Can't go wrong with more Bloodborne. It's like Dark Souls... Dark Souls has a story its just lol and the point of the game is the Hero's Journey.

You're just trapped and are forced to do it and can't do shit about it.

I mean would I kick it out of bed for eating crackers? Hell to the no. Bloodborne is one of my favorite games of all time

However, due to the fact that these games are so lore heavy, I think Bloodborne pretty much showed all of their cards so I'd be concerned that they end up jacking up the first game's lore to account for the new stuff (which was a common complaint about Dark Souls' sequels).

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Bumping because this game goes free today as part of March's PS+. If you haven't tried the game yet or were put off by the souls series now is your chance to give it a go with no investment. Game play is a lot faster than souls and encourages agressive behavior. Do yourselves a favor though and play blind outside of maybe looking up how to level up if you're struggling at the begining.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't recommend going blind on the 3 umbilical cords either. The simplest thing to do is read how to make sure Arianna sticks around until the end of her story. Reading about the other optional/missable piece is a lot more spoiler-y.

1. Don't take her blood.
2. Send the beggar to the clinic.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Amazing game and definitely the best to grace PS+ freebies so far, for PS4. I'm still mad they didn't make this shit 60fps with PS4 Pro.

• 1Solidarity

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they're truly putting Soulsborne to bed I just don't see them not milking extant material for all its worth - I suspect we'll get a next-gen 4k60 remaster in a few years.

Not that I'm complaining.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't recommend going in blind IMO. But I like making sure I find everything.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I would definitely look up the cords and how to open up the rag doll to allow you to level up.

Vorph

The Old Hunters is on sale at 70% off right now for those who just got the game from PS+, or just never bothered to buy the DLC before. It's only ever been discounted once before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I wouldn't recommend going blind on the 3 umbilical cords either. The simplest thing to do is read how to make sure Arianna sticks around until the end of her story. Reading about the other optional/missable piece is a lot more spoiler-y.

1. Don't take her blood.
2. Send the beggar to the clinic.

Don't you get a total of 4 cords in the game, thus making Arianna unnecessary? Her storyline though is intriguing, though.

Vorph

Right, that's what I was saying there. Arianna's is simple. The other one involves big spoilers if someone wants to know in advance how not to miss it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The Old Hunters is on sale at 70% off right now for those who just got the game from PS+, or just never bothered to buy the DLC before. It's only ever been discounted once before.

Don't one shot the last two bosses like I did and get thrown into NG+ DLC it is fucking hard, pretty sure if I didn't do that I would still be playing. Haven't seen all the DLC yet.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Picked up the DLC, played original to plat but didn’t spend much time in NG+. Hopefully it’s not crazy hard, but I’ve been breezing through normal bosses so I’m guessing I’m overleveled for a typical NG+ run

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
I just finished the DLC a few days ago at level 98, and only had to repeat a single boss more than once. Two bosses were pretty close calls, but only the final boss took more than one attempt. I was a little disappointed, but I guess I was comparing the difficulty to the cursed Chalice Dungeons I was playing back when I got my plat and stopped.
I probably should push through and see how much harder it gets on NG+, as I probably was overleveled by quite a bit.