Bloodborne

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Beating the boss of Cainhurst finally is second in my gaming career only to getting my Ghoulbane after two 18 hour camps in EQ.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
So just like demons souls and dark soups, I get caught in the hype and bought this game, and I can barely kill even the first few trash mobs. Anyone have tips for someone who's mostly used to mouse/keyboard (rarely console player) games?
For me what worked was sprinting past all the initially enemies just to die to the first boss. It is very easy to run past all those guys once you figure out where to go.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Multiplayer seems completely broken right now? I haven't been able to summon or be summoned by anyone all day.
PS4's new suspend game feature seems to fuck up multiplayer for me. No idea if its the same issue but whenever I resume a suspended game I find nothing but after a restart I find tons of games.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I never played Dark Souls or Demon Souls, so this is my first foray into a game like Bloodborne.

I am having a lot of fun with this game. I really suck at it, but that's actually a good thing. It blows my mind how much fun dying can be! Hell, I died 4 times while creating my character (kidding, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were possible).

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Just did my first chalice dungeon. It was depth 1 (which I'm guessing is the difficulty?) and it was still pretty fun

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
The difference between Depth 1 and 2 is pretty noticeable. Not really in difficulty, just in size I felt it was much larger.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I solo'd one last night and got to depth 3 and man... not to spoil anything but the fact that there is so much awesome and unique content in the SP campaign and then going in to the Chalice stuff and seeing a completely unique map with NPC models and attacks I haven't seen anywhere else was great. Like they actually took the time to make all this other content.

HUH, if that is the case maybe it is what is happening to me. Exclusively use the Rest feature and not the full power off. Let me try that and see if it fixes my co op problems.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Been watching a "Lets Play" gameplay and the guy got passed Father G. Game looks stunning and doesn't look as difficult as Souls in the beginning (more stamina?). May have to buy this as I love the environment.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been watching a "Lets Play" gameplay and the guy got passed Father G. Game looks stunning and doesn't look as difficult as Souls in the beginning (more stamina?). May have to buy this as I love the environment.
Early on due to healing being more accessible it does feel that way, yes. Once you get past Father G it starts to sync up better with the plentiful healing compared to DS1/2 forcing you to never take a scratch on the way to bosses basically in order to have enough healing when you got to the boss to cover a few screw ups.

It'll be VERY interesting to see SL4 (since SL1 is impossible) runs with Bloodborne. It feels impossible to me, but I'm sure I'll be surprised again by some crazy person.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Levels seem to be more meaningful than they were in the Souls games. Pretty sure I notice the defense increase if I level a few times.
Absolutely - first time I did Father G I had barely leveled up (I was buying items instead to test out weapon types/getting the key as soon as I saw it/etc) and he was tough as balls. After the stupid system reset ate my save? I was SL25 or something and never even had a single close call. [And I forgot to even use the Music Box during the fight until literally as he switched, wasting the stun]

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Finally had a chance to play a bit. Got Cleric Beast down after a few tries and now I'm banging my head on Father GRape. When he goes 2-handed axe on my ass, I just can't keep up. But, honestly, the camera controls are worse in this than in the Souls games in my opinion. For bosses I feel I'm fighting the camera more than the boss.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
The 3rd floor boss in a Depth 3 chalice....was a boss you fight from the game. Pretty sweet. And then there was floor 4....onward!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The hell. Made it to the top of the tower in old yarn and get 2 shot by that dbag hunter
You can shoot him three times with a pistol to knock him off, or do what I did, roll dodge up to him and smack him and knock him off.

Its a pretty tricky little spot.