Bloodborne

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Vicar owned....another great boss. Telegraphs but also swipes so quick its tough to time right. So that's cleric father bsb witch and vicar down. How do I get the pw for that door in cathedral area?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Vicar owned....another great boss. Telegraphs but also swipes so quick its tough to time right. So that's cleric father bsb witch and vicar down. How do I get the pw for that door in cathedral area?
You just inspect the skull thing on the altar in the room you killed the vicar

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Father G is a cheating ass mothafucka. Almost killed him the first time and then he went all super sayain and stunlocked me. Have not raged that hard in awhile.
make sure you have 20 qs bulletsand work on timing parries while skirting back and forth between gravestones. Even in his last phase he can be parried and tbh it only takes between 5-7 total to kill him depending on weapons and stats.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Thats not to say he wasnt tough....my win was pretty damn intense, but I think if I fought him again Id do much better.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Father G is a cheating ass mothafucka. Almost killed him the first time and then he went all super sayain and stunlocked me. Have not raged that hard in awhile.
The music box you get from the little girl works on him, but its tough to use it right. You get three tries apparently. However, using it early makes him turn into beast mode earlier too. I waited until he was around half health and then used it, and again during beast mode so I can chain slash the fuck out of him.

Make sure you do some leveling and boost your gear, he's definitely a dick if you're not prepared.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Is there still that bug in the woods if you try co-op?
Yeah supposedly it makes it so the key for the next boss in the next zone doesn't show up - patch is coming next week.

The boss of the forest is really easy though, just use the tip Rezz posted above.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Ordered the amazon PS4 system/Bloodborne/TLOU bundle today and now regretting I didn't pay the extra $12 for next day delivery to get it Monday. What have you guys been finding the most fun to play weapon wise?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ordered the amazon PS4 system/Bloodborne/TLOU bundle today and now regretting I didn't pay the extra $12 for next day delivery to get it Monday. What have you guys been finding the most fun to play weapon wise?
I'm 3 bosses in and haven't found anything better than the starting saw weapon. Kirkhammer confuses me, it has better stats than the saw, but it does less than half the damage, even in 2h form. It's actually unusable levels of awful for some reason. Cane is neat and has better range/spread than the saw, but lacks damage. Don't see the point of the spear really.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have literally dozens of the starting shards and the next tier setting in my inventory (I was actually selling the lower tier ones for awhile because I was getting close to 99 in the bank just from killing shit) so the next time I play I'm gonna fully level up either the spear-gun deal or the sword-greatsword to +6 (I'm not so far in that I come across the next tier of mats yet) and see if they differ substantially. I also picked up this flail/mace thing that I -think- is supposed to be the Str. version of the cane, but since I have all my points in skill it is almost assuredly not going to be amazing comparatively. My cane has two of the 8.4 melee damage stones and then one stone that has life regen on it. It's only 1, but I have noticed it helping when I'm slowly fighting stuff and don't want to burn a vial to top off.

Admittedly, after I got my shit kicked in by both Darkbeast and Rom, I'm thinking I might have missed a boss. So far I've killed: Cleric, Father, Vicar, BSB, Witches, Shadows. Is there something within those tiers that I've missed, or am I at the right spot theoretically boss-wise?

edit: Noodlemod - For father
The trick is to get him to chase you around tombstones and shit, and then hit him with your fast attacks. The long windup big hits (R2) are only good if they land, which since he stays on you is a problem. You can totally "parry" stab him (shoot him as he starts to swing, then hit R1 right next to him to trigger an animation that does a bunch of damage) but you will notice much better results hitting 1-2 light attacks and then rolling out of the counter, followed by hitting him with 1-2 more light attacks. In beast mode, I just hit him once and then rolled til I had another opening for another hit. He gets locked into animations at certain points (the big two handed jump deal being one) that if you can avoid you can get 3-4 good whacks in before you need to go back on the defensive. This is of course weapon dependent, but if you follow that simple methodology, you'll have pretty decent results. And as always, upping your damage stat along with End/Vit will make the fight easier, as I believe all of his attacks are considered physical and simply leveling reduces their efficacy.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry to say Rezz, but you're right where you need to be. Big tip though: Kill Darkbeast BEFORE Rom. If you kill Rom first, some irreversible changes occur within the world, and your Lantern CP to DB will be inactive. I learned the hard way. As for Darkbeast. Don't be afraid of him. His head is his weakspot and relatively easy to hit. Believe it or not I had more problems with Cleric Beast than him in terms of wipes once I discovered this.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Balls! Alright, I'll kill DB next then. I only tried DB once and Rom twice, so I'm not quite at "HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPEN?!" mode. I have one-shotted or two-shotted every boss(minus vicar) previously, including a one shot on Shadow. So the skill is there, but it just comes down to execution and learning the encounter. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Tried him twice, then got him and used zero vials on the winning attempt. Darkbeast is a lot scarier looking than he is to actually fight. I literally just stood on top of him meleeing using my cane in cane-form and had zero issues when I stopped being a pansy roll artist.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Once I was pretty confident I was at the last boss I went ahead and looked up some spoilers to make sure I hadn't missed some secrets in case it sent me directly into NG+...

Unfortunately I didn't read anywhere that it did in fact send you to NG+ and after killing the "secret" ending boss the credits rolled. Zzz. I had missed quite a few bosses, though after killing Gehrman, I'm sure they would've felt pretty easy. I two shot the Moon Presence, but Gehrman took me several attempts.

It's disappointing to read that NG+ literally adds nothing to the game. I guess they figured people would want to do Chalice dungeons instead of running through story mode again. I think I'll fire up a new character and try out some of the weapons I completed avoided due to leveling solely Strength and no Skill.

Just as with the other From games, I'm left eager for more, despite the dozens of hours sunk into the game. They've mastered their combat and level designs.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Finally killed Rom - check out the Gamespot boss guide for her, has a cool strategy.

I never got caught by the sack guys so I'm not sure where to go to next - I accidently got into some place called Nightmare Frontier that sucks major ass but looks like it's optional.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I can help with BSB if you want - took me honestly 20ish tries to get him but im a DS noob and this is my first venture in these kinds of games
Saw this now, thanks for the offer, but managed to kill him
smile.png
Got him to 20% or less each time, so figured I could do it. I just had trouble with him going crazy in the latest part.

Now my problem is that I wanted to farm some souls, so went to the cathedral as the enemies up to the vicar are easy and give decent souls fast. Saw a new enemy, not sure what happened, but guess killing BSB triggered something? Truck meet face and I died and spawned in a prison filled with backstabbing throat slitting bitches that cause the audio to muffle when they get near me, not to mention lots of the truck hitting mobs with standard attacks that take 80% of my hp.

Grats on killing a boss, now lets spawn in trash mobs that hit harder than any boss you've fought! This game.... love it, but I am glad I don't see a death counter.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Saw this now, thanks for the offer, but managed to kill him
smile.png
Got him to 20% or less each time, so figured I could do it. I just had trouble with him going crazy in the latest part.

Now my problem is that I wanted to farm some souls, so went to the cathedral as the enemies up to the vicar are easy and give decent souls fast. Saw a new enemy, not sure what happened, but guess killing BSB triggered something? Truck meet face and I died and spawned in a prison filled with backstabbing throat slitting bitches that cause the audio to muffle when they get near me, not to mention lots of the truck hitting mobs with standard attacks that take 80% of my hp.

Grats on killing a boss, now lets spawn in trash mobs that hit harder than any boss you've fought! This game.... love it, but I am glad I don't see a death counter.
Yeah those guys appear after BSB. The thing is, that area you were taken to, is FANTASTIC for farming both souls, and the twin blood stones you need to level up weapons from +3 to +6. But if you go up the stairs you'll wind up in a large room with two of those bag holding dudes and a bonfire, and you can go in and out of the Gaol from there.

nuday

Golden Squire
That area you've been taken to is the first boss so far that is completely and utterly kicking my ass. I died once on the first wolf boss and once on Father G, but Paarl wipes the floor with me.