Bloodborne

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've played them, but like I said before, I'm just getting to a point where I'd rather play with friends than solo. As shitty as Diablo 3 was, I still had some fun playing it because I was playing with friends.
I'm actually glad someone out there is making a game that caters to the single player. Sure, you can do some multiplayer and cheese through bosses - but let's not shove it down their throats.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I've played them, but like I said before, I'm just getting to a point where I'd rather play with friends than solo. As shitty as Diablo 3 was, I still had some fun playing it because I was playing with friends.
I don't even buy SP games unless its an RPG or exceptional like TLoU.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm actually glad someone out there is making a game that caters to the single player. Sure, you can do some multiplayer and cheese through bosses - but let's not shove it down their throats.
why does it have to be easy because it's multiplayer? devs can make multiplayer even harder than single player if they want to.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I don't think he's saying multiplayer games are easier in general, just that, the way multiplayer is implemented in the souls series, makes it easier than single player.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Seems ok but i guess it just looks easy b/c demo.

Not overly impressed but seems cool enough - Looked like it had some type of co-op at one point.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Looks dope as fuck. Don't know what you're expecting to be impressed by, you saw an edited video of a single (probably starting) area and one set of weapons.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
The setting of this game reminds me a lot of Demon's Souls, which I thought really elevated it above its successors. Dark Souls 1/2 felt less...gritty. Glad to see them going back to this style

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
From really need a new sound designer. Still recycling medieval sound effects in a Victorian era setting. Just go out there with a mic and like record new shit lol.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
From really need a new sound designer. Still recycling medieval sound effects in a Victorian era setting. Just go out there with a mic and like record new shit lol.
There's a lot to be said for consistency in the world, though. They've had 3 very popular games and little things like the sounds being the same between them can be what hooks veteran players right away.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
There's a lot to be said for consistency in the world, though. They've had 3 very popular games and little things like the sounds being the same between them can be what hooks veteran players right away.
Yep

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh shit, i just saw he transforms 2 weapons into a 2-hander.. i was wondering how the fuck that works.

When i was playing the demo at PAX i found it to look incredibly nice, but was thrown off by the change of controls/gameplay styles that DaS/DeS had.
I would constantly try to "2 hand" his transformable sword, but pressing Triangle was to consume a blood vial (estus), which made me waste a lot of healing charges during the demo.

I was using the loadout for the shotgun/transformable sword, which basically had 2 major things regarding the weapons.

1) the shotgun has limited ammo that you find off corpses etc, it is also used as a "parry" by shooting the monster point blank before they hit you.. which results in a very heavy damage riposte follow up. This felt very easy to do, and did a shit load of damage. Otherwise simply shooting the shotgun-the damage itself sucks, but it's good for crowd conctrol either way, as it seems to briefly stagger/stun enemies that it hits.

2) the sword has a collapsed moveset (when the sword is folded over) which seems to have a quicker moveset but very short range. If you press R1, it will unfold and you'll be able to have an entirely new moveset, that has wider arcs, more range but is substantially slower.

Either way this game is going to be sick as fuck once it's out, specially after seeing you can combine 2 weapons to make a scythe etc.
I'm hype as fuck.