Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
IMG_20190714_235239.jpg

About the ATK, like J00t said, maxed Katana shard gives you good dmg boost. I think there is one more Katana more powerful than mine ? I also have all books equiped at the same time.

Siliconemelons

Aye I have all the books, I made the two best swords- eternal blue and blue sky

Imo oger slayer, whatever from the coins is better, less base dog but has fire dmg that makes it more.

So not only ranking the shard but collecting more of them helps also right?

I forgot what shard I am using but it was a general make attacks faster shard, not the katana/sword/greatsword specific...maybe I should use those

Siliconemelons

New patch-- nerf patch

essentially any and all of your favorites are nerfed

good things in the patch? the map uses the normal buttons now like it should.

Performance Updates

The teams continue to work on input delay, stability and optimization. We’re not ready to release these improvements just yet, but we’ll be sharing more information in the coming weeks.
Bug Fixes

• Map quest markers no longer showing when target has been killed
  • HD Rumble issues in certain areas fixed
Familiar Changes

• Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
  • Increased strength based on level
  • Dullahammer Head has been nerfed
Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)

• Riga Storaema
  • Craftwork
  • Bunnymorphosis
  • Flame Cannon
  • Straight Arrow
  • Chase Arrow
  • Heretical Grinder
  • Circle Ripper
  • Shooting Dagger
  • Riga Dohin
  • Welcome Company (nerfed significantly - starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)
Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)

• Flying Edge
  • Rhava Bural
  • Rhava Velar
Enemy HP Increases

• Dullahammer Head
  • Malediction
Drop Adjustments

• Increased the drop rate of "Monster Fur" from Simians
Credits

• Text corrections
Map

• Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
  • Marker button has been changed
  • Trail display button has been changed
  • Map scroll speed improved
  • Zoom in and out improved
  • Zoom level retained when reopening the map
  • Auto-center when opening the map

Last but not least, we’ve seen lots of people bring up the bug on XB1 regarding the “Overlord” achievement not unlocking. The teams are aware of this and are going to be fixing it! The fix is currently scheduled to be done within the next two weeks. I know that may sound like a lot of time, it’s just a matter of prioritizing more important fixes and improvements for now. Thank you everyone for your patience while we continue to make improvements on Switch and the other platforms as well, we will be following up with more updates soon.

Roberto Piraino “Angel-Corlux”

Global Brand Manager

505 Games

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Aye I have all the books, I made the two best swords- eternal blue and blue sky

Imo oger slayer, whatever from the coins is better, less base dog but has fire dmg that makes it more.

So not only ranking the shard but collecting more of them helps also right?

I forgot what shard I am using but it was a general make attacks faster shard, not the katana/sword/greatsword specific...maybe I should use those

don't the weapon specific shards increase attack speed for those weapons as well? i was using the greatsword shard and after it was maxed i was attacking pretty quickly with it.

Siliconemelons

Yeah... I will look up the shard I was using it just said "increase attack speed"

My 2h speed is quite fast, and just demolishes any other type for me.. its just a huge hitbox... I will test that general shard vs the specific greatsword shard.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
wrapped up this game last night, was really enjoyable but only about 25-30 hours for me to knock out pretty much everything. 100% map completion, all the shards with a decent bit of them max level and pretty good end game gear.

with the eternal blue + 2hander skill shard + optimizer skill shard + optimizer shard + traversers ring x 2 + shinobi gear + rainbow scarf Im at like 545-550 attack with a 2hander and it just mows stuff down. Could probably farm up a ton of gold / kills to make the silver or gold power rings better for attack but doesn't seem to be much point. Got up to mid 60's in level and sitting at 2k hitpoints and 1100 mana

not sure if I am going to mess with new game plus or the other modes, guess I will just wait for the DLC's to start hitting and hope they add some content.

was a very enjoyable game and worth the money, I wish it was a lot longer, not sure what I am going to play now but for anyone on the fence if you liked SoTN this will scratch the same itch for sure.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, alot of the extra stuff isn't in yet. DLC wise. heres hoping the extra characters add alot, and really shake things up.

Some things were nerfed in that last patch. I beat it before, and didn't go back to see how bad it was.
But, being massively OP by the end was really a thing. just too much so. Part of it is normal/hard/nightmare though.

Which, normal is REALLY too easy. Anyone that is not braindead should probably just start on Hard.
Another element here is leveling.
you do not level up in Nightmare. nor does your Famillair. Which, makes that high end of stats via gear make more sense.

Hard

You take more damage
Enemies are tougher
Enemies are more aggressive
Bosses use more attack patterns more frequently
Enemy placement has been shuffled mostly adding new enemies in places
[EDIT: You also earn XP faster]

Nightmare

Everything from hard but your level is capped at 1. Note though you can still get HP and MP upgrades from MAX ups and food.
so the stat overkill makes a bit more sense on hard, and really makes sense on Nightmare.

Siliconemelons

Okay, how did I miss that if you fully level up a shard it becomes "passive" and can be turned on and off and not take up a spot.

Omg time to get UUUBBEERRRR

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah it becomes a skill shard that you can tun on / off

I think they only mention it once during the shard leveling talk you get from Johannes and then thats it. You can also still equip the same one too, so you can have an Optimizer “skill shard” turned on and then still equip 1 in the yellow slot to basically get double the bonus. 2 of the rank9 grade9 optimizer shards is crazy attack power and attack speed.

If you are going to shard farm hardcore finishing the grave memorial ladys quest line can help a lot

Siliconemelons

Yeah I didn't finish the grave lady or the old lady that wants food

Now I am going to get my optimizer great sword and STR shard turned into passive...

Does having 9 of the shard do anything? Or just the enchancement

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Upgrading the rank (total number you get from mobs, that you have in inventory and didnt sell) and the grade (alchemy combine from johannes with materials) sometimes adds different things. Grade may affect attack speed and rank may boost damage as it can vary based on the shard. Either way its almost always an advantage to max both for the best effectiveness. [ Im pretty sure i got rank and grade correct there (from memory) ]

For some of the red shards the grade can increase the damage / area / speed of the spell and the rank may reduce the MP cost

For the optimizer / 2hand sword ones rank and grade usually boost attack power and attack speed. It was def an attack boost to have it 9/9 instead of 1/9 and a skill shard

Find a place where you can screen flop back and forth to reset the mobs who drop your shards, put on as much leck gear as you can and the luck shard if you have it for shard farming plus any luck books etc and solomans ring (from grave lady) to really help

Siliconemelons

Yeah I finished up the grave lady and got 100% shards for the glasses...now I am gold farming...its lulz running back and forth collecting 100/500golds

I still need to collect 9 of optimizer and sword/gsword shard and str shard.

Anyone downloaded any DLC? are there any DLCs?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
atm, theres 2 actual DLC. IGA backpack, and soundtrack.

The "13" free DLC are unknown. Some, were in game at launch I believe.
"new game plus"
8bit level
Nightmare Difficulty
"pure miriam set" Valkyrie I think.
boss rush mode
and Speed rush mode.

So, thats 5 of the 13.

The dlc are mostly Kickstarter stretch goals, that didn't make it into launch.
"online play"
local Co-op"
Versus mode.
Rogue like dungeon.
That’s right: Procedurally generated dungeons. In this mode you’ll face a new castle every time, braving its treacherous (and massive) halls for loot, glory, and the simple, satisfying feeling of going where no Miriam has gone before.

Once you’ve explored its passages and defeated its boss, you’ll get a code that will enable you to share your randomly generated dungeon with a friend. (If you find a particularly hard one, you can even share it with an enemy! IGA isn’t picky.)
good luck with that one..

"classic mode" ?
3 playable characters. Zangetsu is confirmed as one.
so, the other 6 or 7.

no release dates mentioned. Zangetsu has been shown in vids pretty often. I would expect him soonish. The delay seems to imply, his playthrough is completely different, and not just the same story/game using him.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i would assume with zangetsu, the castle is there as normal (though maybe you tackle some stuff in a different order due to his personal skills) but where normally miriam would start working on the real ending, zangetsu gets taken to the underworld or whatever and you'd get to play through that part as him?

in the other version of the game that came out last year or whatever, you play as miriam, zangetsu, gebel and... i'm blanking on his name... the old alchemist dude. you can switch characters on the fly and they each have their own abilities... possible that the old alchemist is the other playable character? or they introduce a whole new on in zangetsu's game...

Siliconemelons

That was the retro title Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and it was very good - I got it on switch as the normal physical copy backer tier bonus.

It is very CV3, there are different routes to take - you play primarally as Zangetsu (Grant) and you meet Gebel (Alucard) Miriam (Belmont) and Alfred (Sylpha)

When you meet each of them you have to fight them, you then kill them, let them go, or have them join you.

There are a few different endings - the "real" ending has you all 4 fighting Gremory - when she then uses her final attack Zangetsu shields the others from the attack and gets possessed that leads you to nightmare mode. You get a bad ending if you do it solo and maybe?I think a different bad ending if you do not have all 4 characters...but its essentially the same as solo.

In this mode you only have the 3 remaining characters and you journey the castle again and fight demon possesed Zangetsu and kill him to then get "the real ending"

It plays really well and has most of the fun bosses from the "main game"

Obviously it has no connection in lore or plot as none of it lines up with the primary plot and story of ROTN

Siliconemelons

Zangetsu is the playable character for the next mode. I don't know if it was "official" before or just assumed?

But this last update they mentioned they are making progress on the 2nd playable character after Zangetsu who is almost done... so... if they haven't then there ya go.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah crushed this game, though until I farmed up the passives to skill status and fooded up it was challenging. After that? Even before I had a Eternal Blue made my attack was over 300 for a long time (I use the book familiar who buffs you almost exclusively) and once I got eternal blue I basically face tanked everything because just murdering a boss meant taking less damage than trying to dodge. Great game, but gets WAY too easy around the halfway mark. Also, the shard spells were cute but too much farm to bother with anything other than the best ones (hi2u Welcome Company) when it mattered. And this is after they were nerfed. I cannot imagine what it was like before the nerfs.

Siliconemelons

I haven't patched mine and played pre-nerf. Welcome Company started with enough pictures to be good and not needing upgrades.

I actually did not upgrade any shard until end game... then I was like wtfbbq kill mode!

I still use the X-bit coin 2h axe over eternal blue because it's base+fire dmg it higher.

Doing a new game + hard rerun...trying to get the perfect encounter boss coins... the twin dragons are giving me issue...