Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

Lol yeah I figured it our with the shiny hint- lol

It only took a few kills... still kind of stupid that it's the road block and its a "water" bad guy that you have to kill to "do water stuff" so yeah

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. The game should have forced you INTO the water there at very least. Low ceiling. no bridge, no bats. Large visible pool of water, that is all on screen with several squid, who use water jet almost exclusively. atm, half the time they are off screen. The room has bats, and a horse in it as well for no reason.

Caliane

Also, Explore the twin dragons thoroughly to get past the spikes.

this is another spot they really dropped the ball, in level design. Like, when you first enter the castle, a statue falls, giving forshadowing, that you should try going UP there at a later point.
theres NOTHING like this for the Aegis armor. No hints at all. its really stupid. Theres spikes at the armors location, to hint that the flavor text on the armor is more then flavor, it does protect from spikes. good. But, again, nothing points you in the direction of finding the armor itself. This is really dumb.

Debris on the ground at very least. broken spikes, a fallen bell, or statue. A broken ladder, or rope. A patch of dirt suggesting wear and tear of someone leaping up there often.
or like the entrance, have something actively FALL and miss hitting you.

but no. look at this. not a single visual que of a chest up there, for a progression item.

Last edited:

yaph

Molten Core Raider
I'm about 80% in and the only thing that didn't make sense so far was the water progression. The water jet shard should have come from a boss to make it obvious. That or they should have given the water walking ability to you first and the shard just to augment movement. I feel like that was probably some game design issue where they backed themselves into a corner and didn't have the time to properly fix it.

Siliconemelons

I found the aegis armor - just because I knew I needed something to get past spikes - and I had only one real inverse direction place to discover.

The water jet was really the biggest argh

Siliconemelons

Haven't finished, but at 90ish percent and I am near the "end end" before I had to leave for a business trip.

I have to say, this is a great game. I think it's a good duration... I could maybe be a smidge longer in the "after the reveal" - but maybe that part is actually too long - depending on how you view the building of the momentum.

All in all A+ it has all the great elements of castlevania and a good amount of stuff for "after" and that's before any of the DLCs have dropped

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Map completion and 500k gold achievements done. Missing the "Consume a lot of blood" one, three hidden (I assume one for capacity, hp, and mp upgrades but just guessing) and the all items slog. Do I need every item in my inventory or does it count if I have had it at any point?

Siliconemelons

99% map, at the "last, last" I think boss. Beat the ninja run with a lucky well placed lazer reflection jump - that ability is like the haze panther in Dawn of Sorrow - just not insanely OP, just slightly OP - but it makes the Dom fight so much more bearable.

Just need to go restock and I should get the final fight down.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
99% map, at the "last, last" I think boss. Beat the ninja run with a lucky well placed lazer reflection jump - that ability is like the haze panther in Dawn of Sorrow - just not insanely OP, just slightly OP - but it makes the Dom fight so much more bearable.

Just need to go restock and I should get the final fight down.

Ninja race is a joke just use the lazer ability over and over, it slows down time and you blast ahead.

Siliconemelons

99% and what I am assuming is the good ending. Odd there were only "two" figured he would have done more.

Great game A+++++now for boss rush, stupid Grimory can't just potion through it lol

Siliconemelons

100% - did the 2 boss rush modes got 16 and 32bit coin and 8 bit nightmare book - got some insane 2h sword from it- I am sitting at like 200 ATK.

Did the OD fight, had to cheese it lol - but it was fun - and now I get all the books, whew insane

Random note, lol about OD - I swear the voice actor they chose was "I don't want him to sound like Alucard, but he needs to sound like Alucard...but not, really he cant...but does"

Cant wait for DLC and another game - hopefully it does not take as many years now that they got the system and engine down...that seemed to be their hold up- they produced art assets like water lol

one thing they need to patch... Johannes walking animation, for the love of God.

Anyone know good $ farming? I was thinking spamming the millionaires summon thing for the 777

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
best money farming is getting the augment luck shard maxed and dashing through candles. there's a great spot in oriental sorcery lab. from the teleportation room, go to the right, then the take the top right exit. should be a small room with 2 candles in it. slap on the whatever luck items you have, give yourself some mana regen (or use the item that removes spell costs, i can't remember what it's called) and just dash back and forth. run through the candles, collect money, run out then immediately back in and repeat. i was getting like $1000-$5000 bags twice every second or so.

Caliane

100% - did the 2 boss rush modes got 16 and 32bit coin and 8 bit nightmare book - got some insane 2h sword from it- I am sitting at like 200 ATK.

Did the OD fight, had to cheese it lol - but it was fun - and now I get all the books, whew insane

Random note, lol about OD - I swear the voice actor they chose was "I don't want him to sound like Alucard, but he needs to sound like Alucard...but not, really he cant...but does"

Cant wait for DLC and another game - hopefully it does not take as many years now that they got the system and engine down...that seemed to be their hold up- they produced art assets like water lol

one thing they need to patch... Johannes walking animation, for the love of God.

Anyone know good $ farming? I was thinking spamming the millionaires summon thing for the 777
dude. its Alucard.

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night English Voice Actors Revealed | NintendoSoup
  • Mysterious Man – Robbie Belgrade
Robert Belgrade

Zangetsu is Snake.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

LOL I didnt bother to look up the actual voice actors, that is hilarious.

So its "OKay, dont sound TOO MUCH like..erm...you"

Siliconemelons

Get a random achievement/trophy by inverting and kicking OD's chair from "below" a la STON Librarian - I think its funny they essentially made an extra room and opening under them...just so you can do this for no good reason- in both games lol.

j00t

it's been far too long since i played it, but i'm pretty sure sotn also has the random empty room with a chair and when you sit down on it some douche spears you from the room below you

Siliconemelons

SOTN had the confession booth where the creepy priest Skelly would shank you lol

the random things are always great.

new kickstarter email asking what "stuff" we would like to see as purchasable DLC character customization

Succubus and "Japanese style 1 piece bathing suit" - very much yes, although I still think a rated M DLC that would maturitize the entire game would sell hotcakes.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
IMG_20190714_235219.jpg

Great game, played with Katana from begining to end.

Siliconemelons

Good lord, I am "only" at 210ish atk with the 32-bit coin upgraded fire axe greatsword - what katana do you have! sheesh

I am now trying to get the... blue moon?

j00t

towards the end when you're basically just on farm, you end up getting a bunch of boosts to your stats through passive shards and such. i don't know what he's using, but maxing out and then using the augment katana shard will give a ton of attack just by that.