Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Protip: on the train in the first passenger car sit down in the seat and wait. I'd advise you to save your game first!

Beat it last night, at 88% achievements on steam. Exploration is at 99.80 so that's gonna be annoying finding that one secret room that I've missed somewhere lol. Completed all the townspeople quests and made all the food and there wasn't a achievement for either one of them which I thought was kinda lame. Food bonus's are legit though.

Siliconemelons

Protip: on the train in the first passenger car sit down in the seat and wait. I'd advise you to save your game first!

Beat it last night, at 88% achievements on steam. Exploration is at 99.80 so that's gonna be annoying finding that one secret room that I've missed somewhere lol. Completed all the townspeople quests and made all the food and there wasn't a achievement for either one of them which I thought was kinda lame. Food bonus's are legit though.

FYI train thing takes time and it's only when you are traveling from the left station to the right station - and also after your "first ride" also.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
FYI train thing takes time and it's only when you are traveling from the left station to the right station - and also after your "first ride" also.

You can do it going the other way, the ride takes longer though or at least it seemed that way to me. You are right about not being able take a seat on your first ride though, that is 100% true.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

it's both sides. i thought it was location based, but it's just a timer. so sitting in the seat for x amount of time instead of sitting at the right spot.

Siliconemelons

Ahh okay sorry... I sat on R to L forever w nothing lol - then read about it and they said L to R only.

j00t

Ahh okay sorry... I sat on R to L forever w nothing lol - then read about it and they said L to R only.

it definitely felt longer from R to L, but the event happened in different places for me. i think it's just that the seat is on the left side of the train so when you come from the left, you just kill a ninja or two and you're there. whereas coming from the right, you have to go through the entirety of the train, THEN sit down and wait a while.

Caliane

It just happens faster the first time.

The time is set, and also, does not reset. you can sit there, wait till you start falling asleep, and blink. Get up, and go save the game.
come back, and it will be at the same spot. Doesn't help with farming, but might help the first time, if you are trying it, underleveled/geared.

j00t

Heh, does that guy have a shard to collect? harsh

he has a resist curse shard. the ironic part is that the ONLY time curse was problematic is that guy. there's only a few monsters in the game that curse and they aren't really in overly dangerous spots. that guy though... he sucks...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just got to the "bad ending" so that was cool... and only just shy of 50% explore.... So fun!
Don't worry, you did the right thing, even if it didn't feel right.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I was kind of put off at first because movement/combat is a clunky but now I have dash/high jump/Rhava Bural and I’m pretty much magic Batman.

Siliconemelons

It's not and it is clunky... it just takes a little to get used to the animations, the same as every other CV except DoS because it's an engine copy from AoS.

Well...it is clunky and it is not clunky... it also has tons of weapons so you have to get a feel for each type etc.

We will see how the DLC goes- I hope for more games as I just love these types of games and settings.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got stuck after killing the blood bitch and it never occurred to me to use the blood ability at the fountain. Maybe its because I skip all the dialogue.

Siliconemelons

Lol - their censorship imo took away from that scene- it would have been visually awesome if she was just covered in blood - think Angelina in Beowulf only blood not gold.

Also... I am stuck just after that... yeah it leads you to a spot... but then...yeah caves? Didn't get anything...

Caliane

Lol - their censorship imo took away from that scene- it would have been visually awesome if she was just covered in blood - think Angelina in Beowulf only blood not gold.

Also... I am stuck just after that... yeah it leads you to a spot... but then...yeah caves? Didn't get anything...
I think you are at one of the well known dead ends. You need to figure out how to swim right? probably came across an enemy that was a bit more flashy then the others?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I think you are at one of the well known dead ends. You need to figure out how to swim right? probably came across an enemy that was a bit more flashy then the others?

Yeah, need to swim... so I will wonder some more and pay attention to what's up.

I did find the black cat, tried to farm it but didn't get anything. Got lazy. I also found the lost town idiot again, I figure I am to find him randomly around the castle a few times more.

Caliane

I think you might have left the area. So, Ill be a bit less vague. There is one room, with one monster type that will drop the water movement shard.
its the octopus/squid that uses water jet. and has a visual shocking look effect.

Its seriously, kindof poorly designed. 1 room, 3 or 4 of them, 10% chance to drop, and you don't even HAVE to go into the water, forcing you to fight them.