MusicForFish

Not Blind to the Injustices of the World
<Donors Crew>
29d 10h 28m
Reactions
15,265 2,764 0 0
1985-talisman-2nd-edition-expansions_1_eab1336c5c318d7c491f2186cfb959b0.jpg

Games Workshop Talisman The Magical Quest Game 2nd Edition 1985
Thinking of ordering this. I have 4th edition, but this was the best art hands down.
I'm still trying to buy a dudes original, full + all xpacs 2nd edition set but he is being a right cunt about the selling price. Might be worth 400 since the scarcity of full 2nd sets in great condition are abysmal at best.

Kuro

Blackwing Lair Raider
22d 10h 5m
Reactions
2,320 73 0 0
Got in the Feast for Odin expansion, The Norwegians, so punched it all out and going to give it a try at boardgame night tonight. Fucker's going to take up twilight-imperium level play space in one more expansion. Caverna Forgotten Races expansion is shipping in the US this week too, so it seems we're hitting that magical "one to two months where all this shit from last year's essen gets dumped into the USA at once" time again.

Norwegians is a pretty thorough expansion. Some autists on the boardgamegeek forums are pounding their fists on their computer desks and insisting it's a second edition, not an expansion, and they feel very angry about that for some reason.

Last edited:

Omayga

<Donors Crew>
19d 11h 36m
Reactions
60 0 0 0
Anyone done any research or trial and error on what kind of lights / light bulbs to put over a gaming table?

Replacing kitchen lights soon and i wanna get something that is good for board gaming, hate the glare we get from current lights. If anyone has a setup they are happy with Id love to hear about it

Thanks

Hateyou

<Donors Crew>
25d 8h 23m
Reactions
7,712 450 0 0
Anyone done any research or trial and error on what kind of lights / light bulbs to put over a gaming table?

Replacing kitchen lights soon and i wanna get something that is good for board gaming, hate the glare we get from current lights. If anyone has a setup they are happy with Id love to hear about it

Thanks
I think dimmable is nice to reduce glare but only if you have plenty of natural light as well.

Vaclav

Vyemm Raider
1d 5h 26m
Reactions
841 770 0 0
I'm about to work on an experiment with our gaming club space with some Philips lightstrips myself - working on the frame with a friend to hang an array of strips over the play area. From our limited testing they seem really high light output with minimal glare.