Board Games

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Marvel Dice Throne arrived yesterday.
Looking forward to playing it regularly enough for the rules to solidify in my mind.

Motherfucker, mine still hasn't shipped.

My Crimson Scales has a label created, but hasn't been scanned yet.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, I've got Season 2, but I play it so infrequently, that every time I do, it's relearning it all over again.
Here's hoping I can get the marvel one to the table more regularly, so they stick.
I'm still yet to play more than 2 players, which I think will make it more interesting but adds that extra complexity of targetting, etc
I was surprised how balanced it played with 3 & 4 people. Pretty crazy it works so well when it’s so tightly balanced for 2 people.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I was surprised how balanced it played with 3 & 4 people. Pretty crazy it works so well when it’s so tightly balanced for 2 people.

King of the hill mechanics make it pretty interesting at any player count, honestly.

Although, Shadow Theif being OP in 1v1 is even more ridiculous in FFA. Can't hit me...and neither can anyone else this round!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
King of the hill mechanics make it pretty interesting at any player count, honestly.

Although, Shadow Theif being OP in 1v1 is even more ridiculous in FFA. Can't hit me...and neither can anyone else this round!
Is it the original shadow thief that does that? I don’t remember it being OP but I have the rerolled version which got some tweaks. I also haven’t played in a while so could just be forgetting.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Is it the original shadow thief that does that? I don’t remember it being OP but I have the rerolled version which got some tweaks. I also haven’t played in a while so could just be forgetting.

Nah, I have the rerolled version too.

Shadow Theif rolls 2-6's on their defense roll and goes Into The Shadows, which means you take no damage. Goes away at the end of YOUR next roll phase. So, if the guy right after you hits you, possible you're immune until it comes back around to you.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Nah, I have the rerolled version too.

Shadow Theif rolls 2-6's on their defense roll and goes Into The Shadows, which means you take no damage. Goes away at the end of YOUR next roll phase. So, if the guy right after you hits you, possible you're immune until it comes back around to you.

What? You mean it needs a 6 and a 6 on 2d6? I’m not remembering an 83% chance to ignore damage on every attack lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What? You mean it needs a 6 and a 6 on 2d6? I’m not remembering an 83% chance to ignore damage on every attack lol.
Nah he’s right, it’s just hard to get. Kind of dumb. It should just resolve as soon as the attack concludes imo.
4EBBD8FF-BC8D-4AA2-AF5F-6FA9593BD2CF.jpeg

• 1Weird Boner

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Motherfucker, mine still hasn't shipped.

My Crimson Scales has a label created, but hasn't been scanned yet.

It may have shipped. I never got any notification that it had been shipped, it just showed up on my porch yesterday.

• 1Solidarity

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I saw a lot of this on Reddit, but sure seems like fucking hopium for me.

Label created for Crimson scales 7 days ago, zero movement. Now the UPS site is just straight up shitting the bed whenever I try to do anything with it.

Dice Throne still sitting at "address is locked" and nothing happening.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Marvel Dice Throne arrived for me today, not email or notice at all.

Also my Marvel united Xmen came in on Sunday also, got a few month KS coming by the end of the year.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Dice throne showed up out of nowhere. No notice or anything. Thankful it arrived honestly, shipping has been a shit show for years now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I recommend Tyrants of the Underdark for a gameplay. Of those who have played it, can you recommend another game like it (since it appears to be discontinued?)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got a copy of Scythe. From the read of it, it's gonna be hard getting some people who are interested in playing learnt up. But might be worth it. Cool IP.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I got a copy of Scythe. From the read of it, it's gonna be hard getting some people who are interested in playing learnt up. But might be worth it. Cool IP.
It's usually pretty easy to get people to try it, but getting everyone to the point where they play well enough to have a blast is hard. Also one or two people need to be good teachers.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played marvel dice throne today, 6 out of the 8 characters. I really like some of the new stuff they have going. The art style is thankfully similar enough to their old seasons that it’s not as annoying and distracting as I thought it would be. Didn’t do any similarities to the movies. Thor flinging Mjolnir into black panther for tiny damage and charging up his panther suit over and over was a pretty interesting battle. Really liked black widows mechanics, upgrades her abilities really fast and gets stronger the more she gets. Scarlet witch was fun to play, annoys the shot out of the other player with the dice replacement mechanic. Miles was weak and doesn’t upgrade much at all but double attacking all the time was fun. Captain Marvel didn’t click very well, will have to try her some more. Didn’t try strange or Loki yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Weird Boner

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I recommend Tyrants of the Underdark for a gameplay. Of those who have played it, can you recommend another game like it (since it appears to be discontinued?)

I believe they just recently released a new reprint of Tyrants of the Underdark and also corrected the color issues with the card backs they had.

I’ve always heard good thing about this game, I just wished I had a group consistent enough to to earranr

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Finally got my Marvel dice Throne and Gloomhaven Crimson Scales. That might be the most fun night of gaming I've had in a very long time. We played one Crimson Scale scenario with new characters and I'm really impressed with how cool every single character is. I usually don't get into custom content, but goddamn, this is really well made and tested.

Then I ended up with Loki on our first Dice Throne, and lol, holy shit, I thought Shadow Thief was bullshit. Loki is just straight up fuckery. The guys renamed him Trolki about halfway thru the game. Loki can block abilities off your board so you can't roll them, and his defense ability grants "Illusion." Illusion had 3 cards..no damage, half damage, and full damage. You place the cards face down, your opponent picks one and that's the result. The hilarious thing is you can "suggest" which one they should pick.

So, I just spent the entire game blocking straights, while alternating pointing to the no damage card and the full damage card. I think I made it to round 4 with full health before rightfully being ganged up on to overpower my illusion income.

A++, would game again.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Walked by Gencon today and every other door has a giant “Harassment will not be tolerated here” sign on it. Never seen any issue in the 20ish years I went. The bipoclgbt lounge must’ve cause problems. Almost like they invited the issues, heh.