Board Games

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just got this today, after a year wait. I didn't even know FedEx did Sunday delivery. I was expecting it tomorrow.

Heroquest!.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mine came a day early as well. Box was not the dimensions I was expecting, I thought maybe something got left out but it was all there.

Original vs. New:

5E4F1064-AA14-42A8-9155-861C971D203E.jpeg

01FD0074-6B29-49D5-92D7-F0F74247D854.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I sold my original to a buddy back in the late 90's, and have regretted it ever since.
Back in high school a friend of mine saw I had it and asked if I wanted his miniatures from it cause he didn’t have the game anymore but still had the plastic for d&d or something. So I have like 1.5 of the original.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Meh, the game didn't age well, honestly. It's absolutely trivial as an adult, even with the hardest of hardcore Zargon.
It is, and I tell my buddies that who say they want to play it. It’s great for playing with kids though.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone know of any games that use the typical dice set for D+D? I guess I'd add hopefully the game doesn't suck as well.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
My Kickstarter Townsfolk Tussle came in and I've had some solo plays to get the rules down for group play. It's billed as a lighter version of Kingdom Death and maybe, yeah.

What I've found is that it's going to be a good three person party game that takes too long and isn't difficult enough. What I mean by that. Each game consists of 4 boss battles and 4 town phases, each set would probably take 35 minutes if you are fast. Usually it'd take closer to 50 minutes. That's almost 4 hours to complete a lighter, lucky, mostly cooperative game. That's a lot.

Even Gloomhaven breaks it down better. They should have stuck to 3 boss battles and I'm expecting that variant to come out quickly. Hell, just skip the first one and variant done.

Other than that I like it and I'll be working it into my rotation of games on those I'm bored and everyone is asleep nights along with a stiff drink or two. It's one of the first games I've had that is seriously making me consider painting stuff up or hiring someone to do it. The miniatures are funny, interesting, and make the game better.

I'm expecting there to be a Kickstarter volume 2 and if it's looking quality for expansions I'll buy in.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man they have done a great job of making me never want to attend what used to be a fun time. These emails talking about you must wear masks plus prove you’re up to date on vaccines to attend. Then this image sums up how gross it all is. Stuffed animals, pronouns and rainbows, masks and sanitizer. No fucking thanks.

059E5F1D-8509-49AB-A40E-FFA1BC2999A7.jpeg

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Man they have done a great job of making me never want to attend what used to be a fun time. These emails talking about you must wear masks plus prove you’re up to date on vaccines to attend. Then this image sums up how gross it all is. Stuffed animals, pronouns and rainbows, masks and sanitizer. No fucking thanks.

View attachment 414962

We've been colonized. By people who claim colonization is the worst sin ever, ironically.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The board game community is the worst bunch of snowflakes in the world right now. It's absolute peak tranny cuckery and it's intolerable on almost every level. If I didn't have a group of shitlords I've been gaming with for 20 years, I would probably just go back to beating my family's ass in Monopoly once a year and forget all other games existed.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They were always terrible, its just that the combination of woksterism and covid karens have elevated the absolute worst of them.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Marvel Dice Throne arrived yesterday.
Looking forward to playing it regularly enough for the rules to solidify in my mind.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Marvel Dice Throne arrived yesterday.
Looking forward to playing it regularly enough for the rules to solidify in my mind.
Nice, I didn’t realize it was shipping already. It doesn’t take long to learn the rules. One or two games and you’ll have it down.

faille

Molten Core Raider
yeah, I've got Season 2, but I play it so infrequently, that every time I do, it's relearning it all over again.
Here's hoping I can get the marvel one to the table more regularly, so they stick.
I'm still yet to play more than 2 players, which I think will make it more interesting but adds that extra complexity of targetting, etc