Board Games

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lords of Vegas, one of those games where every player scores/gains resources at the beginning of each turn. -If everybody counts perfectly, they can all do it themselves but newer players were getting lost and banker got overwhelmed with everybody digging into pot getting their own change having us pause everything and recheck every single resource play to fix board - after that I led the narration forcing turn order in clockwise, counter communicating with contradictory and hasty players.
Well, once I miscounted and before I could voice correction the table blew up with yelling and finger pointing - I was like fine, you're all on your own. Three turns later, "How much do I earn?" Nope on your own.
End result? Crushed them. Like two turns ahead crush
Felt great

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So Aeon Trespass: Odyssey is pretty fucking incredible. Very well made game with an insane amount of content and story, I'm impressed. It's kind of like if Kingdom Death and Gloomhaven had a baby in ancient Greece.

• 1I Came
Reactions: 1 user

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
So Aeon Trespass: Odyssey is pretty fucking incredible. Very well made game with an insane amount of content and story, I'm impressed. It's kind of like if Kingdom Death and Gloomhaven had a baby in ancient Greece.
How does it fare compared to Gloom? Does it match the level of complexity and immersion?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How does it fare compared to Gloom? Does it match the level of complexity and immersion?
Board game geek shows it quite a bit more complex than gloomhaven and kingdom death. Higher than Twilight Imperium too. Aeons Trespass has the highest complexity rating I’ve ever seen on BGG.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Board game geek shows it quite a bit more complex than gloomhaven and kingdom death. Higher than Twilight Imperium too. Aeons Trespass has the highest complexity rating I’ve ever seen on BGG.

yeah it’s got plenty of stuff going on. I wouldn’t say it’s too much, but it’ll require some attention to detail. In general the systems are built intuitively.

Gloomhaven is actually kind of inferior IMO. Especially their AI rules, but they just have a lot of rules that are really finicky and that don’t match what is typical of games of that type.