Board Games

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Got my copy of Dwarves today it looks like. Looking forward to trying it.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Went ahead and ordered "A Feast for Odin" as Caverna is my GF's favorite game and apparently this is a better Caverna (same designer I know).

Also went ahead and ordered the last 2 expansions and a set of extra dice for Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition. I think its the only game I own I've actually sat down and played solo, I just dig it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went ahead and ordered "A Feast for Odin" as Caverna is my GF's favorite game and apparently this is a better Caverna (same designer I know).

Also went ahead and ordered the last 2 expansions and a set of extra dice for Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition. I think its the only game I own I've actually sat down and played solo, I just dig it.

I always do Duo on MoM2E but I can see it being solid solo - the whole "the app is the GM aspect" really makes it solid as a low-player coop game without getting bogged down and overwhelmed with things to track. It's wonderful that way.

faille

Molten Core Raider
First Martians arrived yesturday. Fuck the guy can't write a rule book to save himself. Had to abandon the game because was flicking through the rules too much. Hopefully some how to play videos come out soon.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hey bros, some of you may know I’m a board game designer. We just put up our latest game, Dwarves: Dig, Delve, Die! on KS.

At the risk of shilling, we think the game is pretty sweet and would love if you guys would check it out.

<end shill – back to lurking>

Got my copy of Dwarves today it looks like. Looking forward to trying it.

Woot! Thanks for backing!
Either of you have any videos of play throughs? I'm trying to play with some non-gamer friends and so it was a little bit to get used to the rules and such. I wouldn't mind watching a few games to make sure I get the hang of it (and can explain it to them).

Vinsent

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ill try to get some video at Gencon while I'm demoing.

There is also this video that we had made:

Might be a bit too rules heavy and not just gameplay for your friends though.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ill try to get some video at Gencon while I'm demoing.

There is also this video that we had made:

Might be a bit too rules heavy and not just gameplay for your friends though.
Nah, it's for me. Once I learn I can teach them. We played a few rounds while a bit drunk, which was great but I know I fucked some stuff up.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I decided not to go this year due to spending a lot on games this year. I live 25 minutes from it though so I'll probably go downtown just for the vibe, hit up some of the game stores that are having events, etc. I've gone to a lot of them but have never done the full four game weekend, friends and gaming thing. Maybe next year, I'll have a lot I can take with me, and save up some cash for splurging while there.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone going to GenCon? I'm surprised it sold out so fast.
I don't go anymore unless I get paid to work it and get my hotel comped. Shit is way too expensive to be worth it. I decided to not drive out this year so I will miss it. The rumor is that they reduced the total number of available tickets since attendance last year was down by 1000 people or something.

How is sold out by July Fast though? Like tickets go on sale in January don't they? It's not like Pax East that sells out in 15 minutes.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dark Souls BG BackerKit reopened and announced Dark Souls: Card Game coming in March 2018. Not seen it mentioned elsewhere, apologies if this is old news.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think I'm passing on anymore components. I liked playing the game but I've only managed to get my friends to make the time twice since getting it, and I already have like $100 in extras still coming.

At least they'll be neat miniatures.