Board Games

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I supported this and found out I had a survey pending from like 2014 for Oh Hell lol. Yay.

I guess you can't buy the add-ons now that it has ended?
Usually when they send out the Pledge Manager you can add-on items at that point. You'll just pay the difference for the new items and shipping at that point.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Correct. The kickstarters and pledging a lot up front is really just to unlock stretch goals. You can add any amount and pick up whatever you want during the pledge manager portion. This is why you will see people talking about how they are just pledging $1. That still gets them into the pledge manager phase if they change their mind during the next couple months they can buy whatever they want.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What is the pledge manager? I don't remember this from my past donations but its been a while.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What is the pledge manager? I don't remember this from my past donations but its been a while.
I think they explained it in their last update. Basically you'll get an email linking to kickstarter or some other site asking you to confirm your shipping address and select how to spend the money you pledged.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I am looking for a recommendation for something to play with my wife. She's not a geek but is up for trying stuff. So, 2 player, co-op preferred, easy set up and maybe about an hours game time. I do have Pandemic and we have tried that but it's not best with 2.
Please?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert are usually the next big coop games. Burgle Bros is lesser known and not as harsh as those games. Just woke up and drawing blanks on other recommendations.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
I bought Forbidden Island after Pandemic and we have played it a whopping once. It is basically a simpler version of Pandemic. Pandemic is really superior in every way.

Dominion is not co-op but it's really good with two.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Robinson Crusoe : Adventures on the Cursed Island is a highly recommended co-op game. Mage Knight is great but is classic fantasy so might not be what your wife will enjoy.

Bonus that both of these games are also great solo play.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I am looking for a recommendation for something to play with my wife. She's not a geek but is up for trying stuff. So, 2 player, co-op preferred, easy set up and maybe about an hours game time. I do have Pandemic and we have tried that but it's not best with 2.
Please?
My wife fits that description. So far she has enjoyed Dominion, Citadels, and King of New York (Although that one is better with more than two people). I know none of those are co-op but Dominion aren't 'screw the other person' types of games that she doesn't like.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Descent with the new co-op app isn't too bad with 2 is it?
No, it's fantastic in every way, basically. I'm playing it with 2 players (4 heroes though) in two campaigns, and it's a blast. It'd almost certainly be more than an hour to complete any single quest though, but it's not TOO hard to stop mid-quest if you take a snapshot of where heroes/monsters are and record health type stats. To really shine though, it probably requires a significant investment in the D2E franchise if you don't own any of it yet. It'd probably get stale fast with just the base game. I have it all, so the ridiculous monster (and hero/class) variety is just... great.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife got two board games on prime day, two games I had never heard of: Monarch and Kingdom Builders

Kingdom Builders looks like a knock off of Catan and some other games, but we haven't played it yet.

Monarch is weird - it's about every player being a "sister" and building their royal court. It sounds lame on paper, but it actually played quite fast and easy. The artwork is incredible in this game, and it's very beginner friendly. We didn't really have much of a strategy going in, sowe just winged it.

Essentially whenever a player gets 7 'things' in their court, game is over and you score points. Some of the cards feed off of others. You gain resources by taxing or harvesting land (gold vs food).

Kind of cool, and when you play the game there is no mention of being a sister, so if you don't tell people they'll have no idea. Good quick game, think it was worth the money. Guess it was a kickstarter awhile back.

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Not co-op, but Battle for Souls is a great head to head game. Easy to play, hard to master. Quick setup and take down. The art is amazing, to boot.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wife got two board games on prime day, two games I had never heard of: Monarch and Kingdom Builders

Kingdom Builders looks like a knock off of Catan and some other games, but we haven't played it yet.

Monarch is weird - it's about every player being a "sister" and building their royal court. It sounds lame on paper, but it actually played quite fast and easy. The artwork is incredible in this game, and it's very beginner friendly. We didn't really have much of a strategy going in, sowe just winged it.

Essentially whenever a player gets 7 'things' in their court, game is over and you score points. Some of the cards feed off of others. You gain resources by taxing or harvesting land (gold vs food).

Kind of cool, and when you play the game there is no mention of being a sister, so if you don't tell people they'll have no idea. Good quick game, think it was worth the money. Guess it was a kickstarter awhile back.
My fiance and myself play a ton of Kingdom Builder. It has become our go to game.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just played it last night, it was pretty good actually.

Sort of a cross between catan and carcassonne
Carcassonne is our 2nd favorite game. Kingdom builder has so much replay ability with the different ways to score and the modular game tiles. Glad you enjoyed it!

icarr757_sl

shitlord
New game about to hit the shelves: Scythe. Very very good game for 1-5 players. It is crunchy, of that there is no dobut, 1910, WW1 brought about massive new techs and the creation of the "factory." The factory was so amazing IT ended WW1 and now you play one of 5 eastern european countries rebuilding your empire the the blood sweat and tears of your workers and the military might of steam powered mechs. The game has alot going on best recomendation is to look it up on Boardgame Geek and watch some videos. Production quality is 150%. Game seems super complex but you really only have 4 possible moves to choose between each turn. Can not recomend it enough!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Anyone here play "The Supershow"? Apparently it was a wrestling-based card game. Can't find it in any brick-and-mortars...wanted to see if anyone had tried it before I try to order it online.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
I've been browsing BoardGameGeek quite a bit again recently and Scythe seems to be the talk of the town (it's #1 on The Hotness). It does sound pretty cool.