Board Games

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Telestrations + Cards Against Humanity. I think it was mentioned on the old forum, but I highly suggest this combo. Drinking only makes it better.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Anyone got some good options that I can play with just my wife (2 player)? Nothing too complex.

Patchwork is pretty good. Lanterns isn't too bad.
Castle of Mad King Ludwig is a bit a of step up but works well for 2 to 4.
I quite like Viticulture with 2 players also.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone got some good options that I can play with just my wife (2 player)? Nothing too complex.

Look for a little card game / deck builder called Star Realms, I know a few couples who enjoy that. You can't go wrong with Viticulture either, I mean, strategic winemaking, what's not to love?

Had a solid weekend of tabletop this past weekend, Lords of Waterdeep, Suburbia, Simurgh, Witcher Adventure Game, old school Dungeon, some Love Letter, Rise of Augustus, a few others. Good times!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone know of any kids dice base games? Something to teach my 4 and 6 year old how to read and think about d4, d6, d8, d20, 2d4, 2d6, and different kinds of combos but in a fun game format kind of way.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
DIce game, Inn Fighting and card wise where is 3 Dragon Ante. Both more for ages 12+, fun games. Its a DnD game that can be played with DnD pnp toons as a side game also. Could be a bit much for under age 12 though.

Inn-Fighting | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
pic745080_md.jpg

Three-Dragon Ante | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
pic349356_md.jpg

Dice games from Wizards of the coast just rules:
Wishing Well
Dice Games: Wishing Well

Deceit
Dice Games: Deceit

Spoils of War
Dice Games: Spoils of War

Skull
Dice Games: Skull

Copper Dragon
Dice Games: Copper Dragon

Galleon
Dice Games: Galleon

Going to Town
Dice Games: Going to Town

Dragon Slayer
Dice Games: Dragon Slayer

Beat the Bartender
Dice Games: Beat the Bartender

Dragon's Hoard
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dg/20061108a

Cutpurse
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dg/20060908a

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm looking for a few easy-to-play games to play over a lunch hour or in a relatively short evening with a bunch of computer nerd friends/coworkers. Any suggestions (preferably with a low initial investment cost)?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My favorite quick games are Art of War.

And BANG!

Picked videos at random, so they're probably the worst representative of those games ever, but the games are good and easy.

If you want people to hate each other, get Coup.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm looking for a few easy-to-play games to play over a lunch hour or in a relatively short evening with a bunch of computer nerd friends/coworkers. Any suggestions (preferably with a low initial investment cost)?
How many people?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Just got back from vacation. Board games played were:

Love Letter (my daughter's favorite, she's pretty brutal)
Carcassone
Star Realms
Ticket to Ride
Eminent Domain + expansions
Zombie Dice
Forbidden Desert (1 win, 5 losses)
Pandemic (1 win, 3 losses)
Exploding Kittens
Small World
Timeline

Ao-
Love Letter is great, very quick, easy to learn and extremely lightweight with just 16 cards. Exploding Kittens is also a good game, especially if you like The Oatmeal. Zombie Dice, Tsuro are quick and easy as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of the "Tiny Epic" Games are good and play in 30 minutes or so. They play 4 quite well and fit in your pocket.

Tiny Epic Kingdoms

Less then 20 dolla :)

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Sushi go.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Star Realms is easy to pick up, quick set up, quick games, very small / portable. It's just a large deck of cards. Get a Deck Box like below for better storage.

Age of War is portable, easy to learn, fun but we only play it once in a while as it suffers from being purely a dice / luck game.

Citadels is portable, fast and is very fun. It's a lot deeper than it appears as there's not much to it. Once people get the hang of it after a couple games it's fun bluffing each other, trying to guess what the other guys are picking.

Love Letter is another small quick game that is deeper than it seems. It also has a lot of different 'skins' if you don't want the original, like Batman, The Hobbit, and some others I think.

Hive is a hexagonal game I would compare to Chess + Dominos I guess. Tons of strategy involved, huge amount of possible moves/games. It's a lot of fun but you need to play someone who is decent at strategy games like chess or it's going to be very one sided. I suggest the Carbon version, as the pieces look nicer imo.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Played Exploding Kittens at my Housewarming and it was pretty fun. Not sure how much replayability it would have, but it had more strategy than I expected. Basically a card game of musical chairs.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Played Exploding Kittens at my Housewarming and it was pretty fun. Not sure how much replayability it would have, but it had more strategy than I expected. Basically a card game of musical chairs.

I find Exploding Kittens to be great once everyone has had a few beers. Shit gets real in a hurry! Though there are alot of games that also get much better with a generous application of alcohol.

elidib

Vyemm Raider

We do the same thing at my work. What we've found that works well with the time given:

Settlers of Catan (with a couple house rules to make resources come quicker)
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Resistance
Fluxx (Chtulu, Monty Python, Star, etc)
Munchkin
Carcasonne
Pandemic
7 wonders

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
I second Sushi Go. My wife and I often take it with us when we go to a restaurant with the kids. Only takes 15 minutes and the kids practice memorization, strategy, and basic math skills.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Over the weekend at Templecon I played End of the Line by Fight in a Box. Really wish I had jumped on the Kickstarter for it, game was fun as hell.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really enjoyed a 5 player session of the new Mansions of Madness 2nd Ed. last weekend. I really didn't like this game when we played the original some time ago and it was in the 'never play again' closet at my friend's house.

We'll be playing this much more. Really like the app, randomizes adventures so you can replay them, nobody has to run the campaign against us, etc.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, FFG is really knocking it out of the park with these co-op companion apps IMO. Mansions 2e is fantastic, and the Descent 2e app has been a total blast as well. Just waiting (a long time) for the announced Imperial Assault app to land, and more campaigns/storylines for all of the above, and my friends and I will have co-op gaming for years.