Board Games

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Zombicide Season 3 made close to 3 million. Kingdom Death was over 2 million as was Zombicide Season 2. Over a million were things like Super Dungeon Explore expansion, Shadows of Brimstone from Flying Frog (who makes the highest quality pieces of all time), Robotech RPG Tactics and Dungeon Saga from Mantic.

Basically anything over 1 million is from a well known company in the industry except Kingdom Death who got cross overs from some really good sources which pumped their numbers up. As far as wide distribution, Zombicide can be found anywhere. Most other games that sold well on kickstarter like Ogre or Myth are in game stores.

pablos

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am looking for a 2 player card or other "small table space" game that I can play with my GF who is not a gamer at all. We play cribbage but that is about it. I vaguely remember a card game called Rent, or Lease, or something along those lines where it was supposed to be a fun 2 player game where you build buildings or some such thing. IIRC it was also a classic and has been around for a bit. If not that, any other suggestions is welcomed.
Get a game called love letter is a small simple game easy to get into and is super fun to play

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Titans Tactics - We played one game and it has promise. The sniper that can charge up his attack is overpowered based on our game and neither of us understood why player 1 breaks/wins ties. But kudos overall. The game doesn't have random elements and tactics and skill are needed.

Sentinels of the Multiverse- I recommend against this game over and over again. It's an uphill battle that after hours of play ends usually in defeat. The one win I've had out of perhaps 7 games did end in uproarious cheer, however.
- I got anexpansionfor this as my Christmas present, which was a bummer. This expansion is an alternate universe where some good guys from base are villains and you play as alt-villain heroes. The game was hard enough and the one villain we tried, marked the easiest in the book, was even tougher than the villains we tried from base. Games that make you you quit should be avoidable.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Played a couple of games new to me this weekend -

Seven Sisters -http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/100172/seven-sisters- Bidding game. We played with 7 people and man, it was so much smoother then any other bidding game I have played. The scores were all close. I highly suggest this game if you have a large group or are looking for a good bidding game.

Tiny Epic Kingdoms -Tiny Epic Kingdoms | Board Game | BoardGameGeek- This small worker placement/filler was a blast. Lots of fun in a small box with lots of replayability due to the number of races available. If you are looking to introduce your group to worker placement games or want a fast playing worker placement then this is a solid choice!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Titans Tactics - We played one game and it has promise. The sniper that can charge up his attack is overpowered based on our game and neither of us understood why player 1 breaks/wins ties. But kudos overall. The game doesn't have random elements and tactics and skill are needed.

Sentinels of the Multiverse- I recommend against this game over and over again. It's an uphill battle that after hours of play ends usually in defeat. The one win I've had out of perhaps 7 games did end in uproarious cheer, however.
- I got anexpansionfor this as my Christmas present, which was a bummer. This expansion is an alternate universe where some good guys from base are villains and you play as alt-villain heroes. The game was hard enough and the one villain we tried, marked the easiest in the book, was even tougher than the villains we tried from base. Games that make you you quit should be avoidable.
Never had that much trouble with the game, as in all my games were very close. Though if you choose a harder boss you probably need at least one of the better characters that heal.

Played a new game over the weekend that I'm guaranteed to pick up.http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/24310/red-dragon-innThe Red Dragon Innis a drinking game, though its not required to drink, the theme sets it up nicely. Basically everyone plays as a person in a bar, you're gambling money against other plays, handing out drinks, and just trying to not get too drunk or lose all your money. The original box contains some fairly generic class cards like a thief, priest, etcetc. There is like 4-5 expansions though that add 4 class cards each and BGG says the classes are pretty interesting/unique. There are several expansions and supposedly if you own most of them the game can play 12 players.. though from my few games with it I don't think it would be fun with that many.

I don't usually care for light games, but this was pretty amusing and once people have played a turn and know whats going on the turns tend to go pretty fast.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I like Red Dragon Inn. I know the guy who did the final design and worked with him and the original designer for years when it was called Fantasy Bar Brawl. Cool guys. The game gets a bit stale after 2-3 plays and the newness wears out though so be careful
smile.png

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Whoever said that 7 Wonders was a good two player game for your non-gaming GF needs a swift punch in the sack. It is fun with my other MTG playing friends and is a good game but not when you want to go one-on-one with the other half. Has anyone played Agricola - All Creatures Big and Small, Lost Cities (Card or Board), or Battleline?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lost Cities is great for 2 people, and easy for non-gamers.

My girlfriend and I play it frequently.

rrr_img_83685.jpg

Vinsent

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad you had fun.

Player 1 wins ties because player 2 has the last chance to score (in a back and forth game, player 2 tends to have the advantage in momentum).

For the Black Brigade (which is strong out of the gate) its all about getting in their face and pressing the card advantage. (Battle Report for example:http://www.titanstactics.com/Battle_Report_1.pdf)

Either way thanks for picking it up, hope you had fun!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Picked up Coup and The Resistance for office innings. We'll be cursing at all of the lying and bluffing in no time.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Picked up Coup and The Resistance for office innings. We'll be cursing at all of the lying and bluffing in no time.
I've been absolutely hooked on Resistance lately. Mostly played with acquaintances and not close friends, which I like. Less chance of ruining friendships and also makes it harder to get a read on people. Been playing variations of it and even tried a homemade version of the expansion which seemed to throw the advantage back to the resistance.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It may have been mentioned earlier in the thread - but I can't find it currently - but does anyone have experience with Diplomacy? Anticipated game time is 6 hours; is that true? Also, will it ruin friendships and tear families apart?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Found this in my old room while visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. Going to have to give it a go with the kids this weekend. Now all I have to do is find my old copy of Fireball Island somewhere and my nostalgia collection will be complete.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It may have been mentioned earlier in the thread - but I can't find it currently - but does anyone have experience with Diplomacy? Anticipated game time is 6 hours; is that true? Also, will it ruin friendships and tear families apart?
Free advice - Play something else.

If you do decide to play make sure you basically set aside the day as this is the only thing you will do so when people get eliminated they can leave. It is a super harsh game because it is literally all political influence and some countries start with a LOT more power then other countries so there is no game balance. In the right group it can be a fun game. If you have anyone with a thin skin try and encourage them not to play. Make sure who ever gets Italy really doesn't care about being there and is okay with losing and leaving because they will be out by round 2 unless they literally give several players head in real life.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Free advice - Play something else.

If you do decide to play make sure you basically set aside the day as this is the only thing you will do so when people get eliminated they can leave. It is a super harsh game because it is literally all political influence and some countries start with a LOT more power then other countries so there is no game balance. In the right group it can be a fun game. If you have anyone with a thin skin try and encourage them not to play. Make sure who ever gets Italy really doesn't care about being there and is okay with losing and leaving because they will be out by round 2 unless they literally give several players head in real life.
Haha, ok, thank you. Appreciate the advice. I'll look elsewhere for a thought-provoking and strategic game. Was hoping what I heard about Diplomacy were exaggerations.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So many boardgame expansions that were supposed to be out last month delayed until January. Ah well, apparently we were part of the 10% of Terra Mystica expansion preorders that actually got our product shipped, so something new-ish to play at least. If nothing else, lower % chance to get stuck with Giants...

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got to introduce The Resistance and Coup at work today, was awesome.