Borderlands 2

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Once I hit 50, I cashed in about 15 golden keys hoping for a decent corrosive, but nothing.
One of the best Corrosive weapons is Moxxi's Bad touch from tipping her at the bar. It's also a lifetap weapon. Then if you tip some more you'll get Moxxi's Good Touch which is a fire based weapon with the same lifetap principles.

I've been leveling up with my brothers and we're almost to 50 on multiple characters and about to start slaying the not so well known boss Vermiverous the Invincible and the other various "the Invincible" bosses. Sure it is time consuming farming gear, but if you have a friend or two playing it takes 2 seconds to transfer gear over to fiddle around with some of the better equipment. I can get back to the Leviathan's chest area after I've killed him in about 5 minutes now and have gotten roughly 15 orange loots so far but not limited to just that area. Brothers and I also played Minecraft for weeks straight and laughed ourselves silly when we found the Minecraft area in Caustic Caverns with Creepers.

I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of BL1 to BL2 due to when you killed the one guy in the tower in BL1, the Atlas Corporation showed up. Seeing those suits of armor walking around, you knew shit was about to go down and it was fun. Same thing with the vibe I got from Old Haven and I never quite got that feeling in BL2. BL2 could have used more bounty board quests throughout the game, especially when new events occured to Sanctuary; seeing some areas only getting one bounty board quest was rather disappointing. However, I did like how Fyrestone was reused and didn't even realize it through the first playthrough - Arid Badlands or Boneyards, then running around was exactly the same layout as the first.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just finished the game on normal at lvl 32 or 33. Should I start again on Vault Hunter mode or get the DLC? If the DLC is better should I just get the season pass? Any deals on that?
I'm in the same boat, but I bought the DLC Season Pass.

Scarlet DLC you can do at 30s, think Torgue too (though you miss the "raid bosses"). The new Hammerlock DLC is level 50 only.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I am liking this game more than the original, don't know what got me bored in the original so quickly.

Silence_sl

shitlord
DLC's this time around were contracted out...and it shows in DLC3. Very short, not entirely entertaining and just ...bland.

The key to winning against these harder mobs:

Bring bang. LOTS of bang.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Never attempted, can you play coop across platforms?

Currently coop-ing this with a buddy on Steam. Really enjoying it compared to BL1. Everything is just ... better. The dialogue and voice acting are pretty amusing. Also, best coop game I've played in a while.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've only played with a friend once, and it was fun as hell. Anyone want to setup some time? I'm only in the late 30s and just got to Sanctuary in TVH

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ao- I'm like 43 I think, we could probably team up and play at some point if you want, my play times are usually start around 9pm.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ao- I'm like 43 I think, we could probably team up and play at some point if you want, my play times are usually start around 9pm.
Yeah, mine's similar. I'll try to crank out a couple levels while my wife has the flu.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I am getting brutalized at level 50 with Maya trying to finish the true vault hunter mode solo. My internet is crap so a multiplayer game is not an option. does anyone have any build suggestions? I am currently doing what I consider a good amount of damage but I get killed by the cheap shots constantly, Jackenstein is really bad about it decimating my shield and my health in 2 hits.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I am getting brutalized at level 50 with Maya trying to finish the true vault hunter mode solo. My internet is crap so a multiplayer game is not an option. does anyone have any build suggestions? I am currently doing what I consider a good amount of damage but I get killed by the cheap shots constantly, Jackenstein is really bad about it decimating my shield and my health in 2 hits.
I use this. And some class mods that boost some harmony lines pretty well. I haven't fought Jackenstein, but on some tough bosses, I open with Bee + rocket launcher.

Joradian_sl

shitlord
I was psyched about BL2 and pre-ordered, then got busy with work. I managed to beat it over christmas break and really enjoyed it, but after I cleared the main story line I had trouble getting into the DLC. I bought the Season Pass and am a mid 30s mecromancer now. Any suggestions on what order to play the DLC in and anyone want to play over steam?

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Torgue and Scarlet are approx the same levels (mid 30s), while Hammerlock will easily get you from mid 40's to level cap.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Maybe I'm on crack but with the DLC installed I can't find anything in TVH mode that lets me start the DLC. Do I need to go back to normal for it?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Should show up as a new location when you use a fast travel station. There's not some new quest in Sanctuary or anything like that.