Borderlands 2

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you do the Golden Key thing is that just for one character, or do you unlock golden keys for all characters?

Northerner

N00b
One-time use but you can use it on any character.

New DLC is funny as hell! Pretty short and all but goofy and amusing. I'm still not crazy about UVHM but hey, can always screw around with level 50s I suppose. Actually hope they move on to BL3 soon though, not sure the combat system can handle much more DLC while still being fun.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
One-time use but you can use it on any character.

New DLC is funny as hell! Pretty short and all but goofy and amusing. I'm still not crazy about UVHM but hey, can always screw around with level 50s I suppose. Actually hope they move on to BL3 soon though, not sure the combat system can handle much more DLC while still being fun.
Short? Reviews say l ike 20 hours extra..

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
20 hours? when the fuck has any dlc ever been 20 hours? Is that like saying Skyrim has 1000 hours of gameplay because it might take you that long to do every single possible quest with every possible group with multiple different character styles?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I know, reviewers are saying 10 hours of main story with 15 to 20 if you do everything. That is still massive for dlc, badass crater can be done in like 3 hours tops.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If I haven't played any of the other DLC's, will I get my ass kicked in this? I played the first few minutes and got completely owned on my level 50 assassin.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
If I haven't played any of the other DLC's, will I get my ass kicked in this? I played the first few minutes and got completely owned on my level 50 assassin.
You might get your ass kicked because you're playing the Zero, but not because you haven't played any of the other DLC's. I've found that Zero is the hardest of classes to play at the upper levels simply because he has very little distration or damage mitigation abilities. You can do it, it's just much harder.

Northerner

N00b
Well, wasn't close to 20 hours for me and I would guess closer to 6-8? My main character is pretty much loaded for bear though (61 'zerker, the usual DPH + slag rubi etc) and tended to rip through everything. Not complaining at all, it was fun!

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got to say, as a fellow Zero player, gameplay is wearing on me too. In TVH, sniping still 1hko's, but melee's no longer viable, and fuck that retarded jack of all trades, sucking at everything pistol tree. And by and large these DLCs have had huge numbers of crit spots that are: armored, rear mounted, or just ridiculously tiny on a wildly moving body part.

I still enjoy the visuals and storyline, but the gameplay is going south.

As for this newest DLC it seems like they expect players to go through huge amounts of ammo in most fights (as per the 80000 ammo crates and jars everywhere), but on TVH, if you aren't running bee+sandhawk (or some other ridiculous combo) and you can't insta-kill most things, then you're dealing with large numbers of kill you in one 1 hit mobs, homing projectiles, runs-faster-than-you-AND-warp-jumps onto you; all fought in tiny little arenas with very little cover.

Of course, if you ARE using some of the broken combos, then your skill trees, action skills, and character choice don't even matter anymore.

Just bought this on steam, anyone interested in setting up a group? Had bad experiences sometimes in BL1 where people would just loot hog everything

Add me on steam, shezz13

Neph_sl

shitlord
Just beat the new dlc. Loved the storyline on this. I skipped the previous two expansions after being underwhelmed by the pirate dlc. But this one is totally worth it.

Re: newest DLC...
Looks like it's going to be set on a Hyperion base on the moon. Given that after you beat Tiny Tina's DLC, you learn that the vault hunters were beating the agent for access codes. Could be promising if it further advances the main story.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
So I'm just dusting this off after not having played it in a while. Restarted with a Gaige. Couple questions:

1) Which DLCs are good and which ones suck? Is getting them all with the season pass a decent value?

2) Is the bandit guy fun to play? He doesn't come as part of the season pass apparently so I'd have to buy him separate.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
1) Which DLCs are good and which ones suck? Is getting them all with the season pass a decent value?

2) Is the bandit guy fun to play? He doesn't come as part of the season pass apparently so I'd have to buy him separate.
1) Torque and Tiny Tina were great. The other older 2 not so much. I haven't played the most recent one either - I'll be picking it up soon.
2) Honestly he doesn't sound that fun to me - it just sounds like a lot of suiciding.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I got to say, as a fellow Zero player, gameplay is wearing on me too. In TVH, sniping still 1hko's, but melee's no longer viable, and fuck that retarded jack of all trades, sucking at everything pistol tree. And by and large these DLCs have had huge numbers of crit spots that are: armored, rear mounted, or just ridiculously tiny on a wildly moving body part.

I still enjoy the visuals and storyline, but the gameplay is going south.

As for this newest DLC it seems like they expect players to go through huge amounts of ammo in most fights (as per the 80000 ammo crates and jars everywhere), but on TVH, if you aren't running bee+sandhawk (or some other ridiculous combo) and you can't insta-kill most things, then you're dealing with large numbers of kill you in one 1 hit mobs, homing projectiles, runs-faster-than-you-AND-warp-jumps onto you; all fought in tiny little arenas with very little cover.

Of course, if you ARE using some of the broken combos, then your skill trees, action skills, and character choice don't even matter anymore.
You mean UVH? For me, TVH is where Zero's melee really starts to shine. Dude it's badass from 30-50. Now, UVH on the other hand..