Borderlands 3

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If item rarity is anything like the previous games, having a PC makes it much easier to farm for certain part/prefix combos like a Flying Sandhawk of the desired element (or any of the broken quest rewards from Scarlett DLC). Have to jump through a lot of hoops (and maybe even need a second console with the game?) to farm them on console, on PC you just set your save file to read only and if you get the Sandhawk you want you toss it in your shared stash then either keep farming or set your save back to normal.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
preload will be happening now on PC/EGS, 48 hours
d5qmo2psufk31.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
reviews trickling out today, currently 85/100 on MC which seems pretty good - BL1 is 83 and BL2 is 91. Basically sounds like more of the same, which is fine. I'll be playing this weekend on PC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The most damning review so far comes from PC Gamer -- "An endless font of bad jokes and cool guns in the series' most vapid story yet, Borderlands 3 skates by on watching numbers fly and goons explode. "

Which is exactly what I want from a Borderlands game so I'm good.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
That PC Gamer review reminds me of one they did for Saint's Row calling it childish, shallow writing.. Uh.. yeah.. it's fucking Saint's Row you idiots!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The most damning review so far comes from PC Gamer -- "An endless font of bad jokes and cool guns in the series' most vapid story yet, Borderlands 3 skates by on watching numbers fly and goons explode. "

Which is exactly what I want from a Borderlands game so I'm good.

Who the fuck plays Borderlands for the story? They are succeeding where Diablo 3 failed; thinking that fans care more about lore/story than they do about fun gameplay and lootsplosions.

spronk

FPS noob
looks good so far from the streams I have seen, heard flak and zane are probably the best when playing solo first time. Unlocks 4pm PDT / 7pm EST tomorrow Sep 12th.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is there some super nerd reason that I shouldn't pay for the game? I'm confused because I don't live and breath developer shit.

it's not really a super nerd reason... epic store exclusivity and a slew of complete unprofessionalism from randy pitchford. the free dlc that just came out the other month for BL2 was nice and fun, but there was a quest involving claptrap that was basically a big giant "FUCK YOU" to the original voice actor for claptrap, that was "removed" from the project because he wanted to get paid.

the game itself looks pretty fun but the stuff the developer is doing in real life is pretty juvenile.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I stopped consuming media because the people that produced it were fucking morons, I wouldn't consume any media at all.

• 4Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users