Borderlands 3

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I want to see the game, not cut scenes of bullshit that really has nothing to do with the game. I have seen zero legit gameplay footage and plenty of these idiotic song and dance cut scenes. Sorry, their last few games were trash, everyine works at the top there is fucking trash, and they are banking on the Borderlands name alone without really showing us anything if worth.

I’m not impressed.

Bitches he has seen literally zero gameplay footage despite 30 minutes of gameplay being posted.

Also bitches that about his feels because a few trailers that are 100% fucking Borderlands

This isn't Call of Duty. Silliness is a pretty big part of Borderlands

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It seemed a little over the top even for Borderlands, but I liked it. Reminded me a lot of the "Get Jinxed" video Riot did, with maybe tiny bit more acid thrown in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i actually agree to some extent.. i'll fully admit that all the real world nonsense going on gives me a bad taste in my mouth... but there's something more. it's over the top, it's absurd, it's ridiculous and exactly what borderlands should be... but it also sort of feels like it's got a messiah complex going on. the trailers and whatnot that have come out don't seem to really have anything to do with the game itself, just the brand name. like it feels like it doesn't have to show you any of the goods because it knows you're going to pay for it anyway just based on the name.

and i guess that's the thing... it feels pretentious. take God of War, for example. they had an extremely popular game series behind them but from start to finish you got the impression that everyone who made that game WANTED you to go on that journey with them. borderands 1 and 2 definitely had that... the pre-sequel had moments of that... it just feels like gearbox (randy pritchford) has fallen in love with himself.

Fucker

Log Wizard
i actually agree to some extent.. i'll fully admit that all the real world nonsense going on gives me a bad taste in my mouth... but there's something more. it's over the top, it's absurd, it's ridiculous and exactly what borderlands should be... but it also sort of feels like it's got a messiah complex going on. the trailers and whatnot that have come out don't seem to really have anything to do with the game itself, just the brand name. like it feels like it doesn't have to show you any of the goods because it knows you're going to pay for it anyway just based on the name.

and i guess that's the thing... it feels pretentious. take God of War, for example. they had an extremely popular game series behind them but from start to finish you got the impression that everyone who made that game WANTED you to go on that journey with them. borderands 1 and 2 definitely had that... the pre-sequel had moments of that... it just feels like gearbox (randy pritchford) has fallen in love with himself.

I get what you are saying, but the latest DLC proves they still have it in terms of character portrayal and gameplay. If they can carry that into BL3, then they have a solid game on their hands, and easily worth the upfront ask.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I think also so many games have just been complete shit right out of the gates lately that people have a trust issue. It doesn't help that they made the mistake of letting Pre-Sequel be a thing which was not only ruined by the aussie accents, but because the questing and areas were very repetitive and a LOT of back and forth in the same areas.

I was a bit hesitant after pre-sequel but I feel like they're showing enough of BL3 to quell that feeling a bit.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the aussie thing in pre-sequel was fine with me. it was specifically the repetitiveness of the quests. honestly borderlands 2 had a little bit of that but handsome jack chirping in with his nonsense eased so much of that that you don't notice so much of it

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Many complaints abou PS, but all the wrong ones IMO. It sucked because:
- many non-farmable bosses: if a boss doesn't drop what you want you have to rollback your save file and redo the mission, forcing you to waste even more time and discard any gained xp/loot/cash
- oxygen mechanic sucks, especially early, prevents you from exploring and straying too far and/or for too long
- too many low gravity areas
- end boss sucks, small empty circular area (afraid of players coming up with a "creative way" to kill him?) and have to kill him 4 times, with different damage types.. booooring
- fuck Jack, he's amazing as a bad guy and target practice but helping him etc., eff that

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dead Island had the best trailer I've ever seen and it had no gameplay footage at all.

Nothing wrong with them showing the feel/theme of a game and don't see how that's supposed to be a bad sign

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Many complaints abou PS, but all the wrong ones IMO. It sucked because:
- many non-farmable bosses: if a boss doesn't drop what you want you have to rollback your save file and redo the mission, forcing you to waste even more time and discard any gained xp/loot/cash
- oxygen mechanic sucks, especially early, prevents you from exploring and straying too far and/or for too long
- too many low gravity areas
- end boss sucks, small empty circular area (afraid of players coming up with a "creative way" to kill him?) and have to kill him 4 times, with different damage types.. booooring
- fuck Jack, he's amazing as a bad guy and target practice but helping him etc., eff that
I think the 02 and zero G things were interesting but not something that should have been through the entire game like it was. I think a section like that would have been a fun switch up but trying to figure out where randomly derping midgets are floating around got really old after a while.

The funny thing basically the end sequence does away with a lot of that and is a lot better for it.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Lmao. Got turned off by the claptrap voice actor change but was loving the graphics and lost it with the user agreement pop-up at the customization station

Animations and models are really solid too.

Lol got home and put the video in .25 speed to read the user agreement that pops up. The part about (3) Defined and implied to be protected by personal threat of injury, death, or insult as per "Pandoran common law and lawlessness" set forth by "Chieftain Oort" in the landmark statutory case "Psycho (Anonymous) v. Bandit (Recently Legless Gary)" gave me a good chuckle.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the new Siren is Indian and she has Shiva arms, being a white I need a minority to tell me if that's okay or not.

• 1Picard

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So the new Siren is Indian and she has Shiva arms, being a white I need a minority to tell me if that's okay or not.

She should say "Dank yooo, gum again!" in the most Apo voice possible after a kill streak. But she won't, and the world will be poorer for it. My friend is from India, joined the US Marines and got a US citizenship the propper way. He now lives in the south and once in a while runs into some trouble with rednecks. He always enjoys parting company after a skuffle with them by saying that. Love the guy #nohomo

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
All it took was one quote within the first minute, "I know I didn't have to speak to them but I did because I felt I had nothing to hide." <---- Never fall for this. Never have this ideology. If Casey Anthony has taught us anything, deny forever.