Borderlands 3

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So do they really not call midgets midgets anymore, or was that just for a promo vid?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I respect this opinion, it pretty much describes how I feel about 2 in that Borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games and is my favorite FPShooter of all time. I can understand how people would feel that way about this game, I'm only 3 or 4 hours in and am not putting a stamp but I would give it a 7.5/10 with BL1 being a 8 and BL2 being a 9 at this point in my first play of those.(3.5 hoursiah -minus the number of times I restarted to pick different characters.

The lighting effects are sick, just amazing. I finally got a game I can enjoy and play on ultra, rarely gone below 60fps and I was streaming. The only other game I really played on my new pc was WoW so it nice to get to really use it. Feels like I bought a new model low end sports car just to drive my kids 5 minutes round trip to school.

My only real complaint is none of the characters play styles, appearances, or personality make me want to go "I want to try that" based on what I have seen and what little they tell you in the beginning. It was like the presequel again where I said "this one sounds the least annoying" and I can't even remember who I used through my one playthough of that. (I was really dissappointed and bored by the end, never played ng+ or the dlc. I went through 1 several times and 2 even more). That's just me though.

Worth getting if you liked 1 and 2, so far.

I picked the bitch with the power armor suit and its ridiculous and i love it

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Had to restart the epic client several times before it would start doing things, can't limit download speed so its capping my line, great start.

Also, the EU won't look kindly on this:

nope.jpg

If shit like that worked lootboxes wouldn't be outlawed in most of the EU.

That being said I do look forward to the game.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
So do they really not call midgets midgets anymore, or was that just for a promo vid?

They're called Tinks now. Honestly I don't think it detracts from the experience at all. I'm more surprised people aren't seething over the fact that there's female psychos now.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They're called Tinks now. Honestly I don't think it detracts from the experience at all. I'm more surprised people aren't seething over the fact that there's female psychos now.

Equal representation!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I know, they should have all been female from the start.

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Women makes sense. Inherent blood rage once a month.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Had to restart the epic client several times before it would start doing things, can't limit download speed so its capping my line, great start.

Also, the EU won't look kindly on this:

View attachment 222845

If shit like that worked lootboxes wouldn't be outlawed in most of the EU.

That being said I do look forward to the game.
Steam also tells you you waive your right when you accept the shit when you buy the game, although they do keep the 2weeks shit(2hours played or 2weeks bought, whichever comes first). I think it's more than reasonable for games tbh.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Steam also tells you you waive your right when you accept the shit when you buy the game, although they do keep the 2weeks shit(2hours played or 2weeks bought, whichever comes first). I think it's more than reasonable for games tbh.

I think loot boxes are fine but that isn't how it works.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is good shit. Hit me up on Hodj on epic games lets kill shit together.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Dude needs dat 1gb up/1gb down pipeline I just installed.

Its always online. People can drop in and out of your game.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Now I really hope it gets cracked

Think he broke his own shit. Mine doesn't do that at all.

1568410148279.png

The only other thing I can think of is apparently Borderlands 3 has a twitch interraction where streaming it lets viewers interract and see character stats, even participate in special events that affect gameplay too. like spawning chests or something like that.

However, I do know there's an issue and that they broke the DX12 API and it wont load or has extremely long load times and apparently even runs worse if you do run it.

So they say run DX11 til a patch for that hits.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
yeah i didnt read any of that shit and turned dx12 on, had to google figure out which .ini file to edit to turn it back off to fix it

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

I just think its awesome that they commissioned The Heavy to make this song for the game. After the first two there was no way you could have a different band do the opening theme.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I just think its awesome that they commissioned The Heavy to make this song for the game. After the first two there was no way you could have a different band do the opening theme.

The original Borderlands theme was by Cage The Elephant. The Heavy did BL2 and the pre-sequel.

And yeah it's just awesome that they were willing to pay a band but not willing to pay the original Claptrap voice actor.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Started with the beastmaster only like level 5 but enjoying it so far. Seems game would be way better co-op

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just bought this for Xbox to play at friend's. They're drunk as shit and the interface is different from PlayStation. How do i splitscreen?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was a whole issue around the voice for Claptrap having pissed off Randy and being excommunicated from the team, etc. and then they supposedly had some shitty voice actor fill in and it pissed everybody off.

I'm only a bit into the game here but it sounds like the normal old guy to me. Did Randy cave and hire him back or do I just have a shitty sense of hearing?