Borderlands 3

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Must be a hell of a drug to love a game despite stating how much it's a broken mess and not getting fixed.

We are lowering the bar here fellas. Even further than it has already gone.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I've been farming the fuck out of stuff, and I got my build almost completely done save 2 legs.

This thing is unbelievable damage.

1569859684384.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Must be a hell of a drug to love a game despite stating how much it's a broken mess and not getting fixed.

We are lowering the bar here fellas. Even further than it has already gone.

For someone who hasn't played it, you sure do seem set on telling us its a "broken mess" and we're wrong for enjoying it.

Fact is, it's incredibly fun even if it has a few flaws. I know you get a stick up your ass about certain games and feel like it's your mission to bring them down, but we're over your schtick

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For someone who hasn't played it, you sure do seem set on telling us its a "broken mess" and we're wrong for enjoying it.

Fact is, it's incredibly fun even if it has a few flaws. I know you get a stick up your ass about certain games and feel like it's your mission to bring them down, but we're over your schtick

Hey I’m just pointing out people (many people) are bullet pointing major fucking flaws that should be uncovered and fixed in an alpha state and it shouldn’t be tolerated. People losing their fucking items. Broken end game. Falling through the world (Last time this ever happened to me was in EQ) and then followed up by stating they are loving it.

It’s like me saying the pizza came with a soggy crust, moldy melted cheese, burnt pepperoni and cockroaches in the sauce, but holy fuck was that delicious.

Does not compute man. These aren’t minor bugs. They break the fucking thing and it looks like Pitchford is more interested in nerfing shit than fixing what could have been QA’d by someone as clueless as Brikker Brikker .

I am interested in playing it once the kinks are ironed out. But who the fuck knows when that will be.

• 1Salty

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Hey I’m just pointing out people (many people) are bullet pointing major fucking flaws that should be uncovered and fixed in an alpha state and it shouldn’t be tolerated. People losing their fucking items. Broken end game. Falling through the world (Last time this ever happened was in EQ) and then followed up by loving it. It’s like me saying the pizza came with a soggy crust, moldy melted cheese, burnt pepperoni and cockroaches in the sauce. But holy fuck was that delicious.

Does not compute man.

And a lot of those same idiots that you're getting those opinions from tend to also be people like you, who likely heard it from someone else, who could have very possibly heard it from SOMEONE ELSE and no one pointing out shit never actually bought it or played it personally.

It's a smear campaign at this point. It's like you're trying to emphasize you got convinced not to buy it for whatever unconfirmed reason, and now you need to go on a crusade to convince others. Hell, not going to name names, but we've had someone here making the same efforts it seemed like. You could see the same shit on /v/ where someone's posting 8 threads about borderlands 3, asking what went wrong.

Game is fun, I haven't personally seen any glaring issues at all. Didn't fall through the world after killing Troy, I get a solid 90 FPS on max 1440p. Not a single crash to desktop or any errors of the like. It's more of the same in a good way. I have zero regrets for the money i spent. Compared to lets say the last 2 or 3 battlefield or COD titles. Which thankfully I got for free, because I uninstalled those pieces of shit after a week.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
And a lot of those same idiots that you're getting those opinions from tend to also be people like you, who likely heard it from someone else, who could have very possibly heard it from SOMEONE ELSE and no one pointing out shit never actually bought it or played it personally.

It's a smear campaign at this point. It's like you're trying to emphasize you got convinced not to buy it for whatever unconfirmed reason, and now you need to go on a crusade to convince others. Hell, not going to name names, but we've had someone here making the same efforts it seemed like. You could see the same shit on /v/ where someone's posting 8 threads about borderlands 3, asking what went wrong.

Game is fun, I haven't personally seen any glaring issues at all. Didn't fall through the world after killing Troy, I get a solid 90 FPS on max 1440p. Not a single crash to desktop or any errors of the like. It's more of the same in a good way. I have zero regrets for the money i spent. Compared to lets say the last 2 or 3 battlefield or COD titles. Which thankfully I got for free, because I uninstalled those pieces of shit after a week.

I have seen nothing game breaking, I have had to reload from main menu but my pc isn't a potato so it's no big deal, minor annoyance forgotten minutes later. On console I could see me being pretty pissed at some of the shit I have had to deal with but I'm not so m'eh. I fell through the world after beating Troy the first time I fought him but didn't the two times after (TVHM x 2). Game isn't perfect and I don't think anyone is claiming it is;

The good greatly outweighs the bad, the game is just fun to play.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this is ut's schtick... even if he's making valid points, it feels like the boy who cried wolf. the bottom line is (and this is admittedly coming from someone who hasn't played it) that people seem to like it with caveats. there is definitely an odd disconnect in that the people who HAVEN'T played it seem to wonder why it's getting such high reviews in spite of those caveats, but the people who HAVE played seem to not really mind it all that much.

if you take the complaints at face value, there's a large problem with the game. the humor is forced, everything in my bank disappeared, there's weird gravity bugs, i've fallen through the world several times, etc. outside of the poor characterization, story and humor, these all seem like they did little to no testing.

obviously there's a certain fun factor that borderlands has that overcomes a lot of these kind of short comings. but to say that someone like Ut has a personal stake in the game failing is silly. it's not absurd to demand a certain level of professionalism.

on a tangential note... it was just released that troy baker didn't reprise Rhys specifically because gearbox refused to unionize. professional voice actors aren't allowed to work non-union jobs. pitchford's response to why troy baker wasn't in BL3 was simply "he turned it down."

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
this is ut's schtick... even if he's making valid points, it feels like the boy who cried wolf. the bottom line is (and this is admittedly coming from someone who hasn't played it) that people seem to like it with caveats. there is definitely an odd disconnect in that the people who HAVEN'T played it seem to wonder why it's getting such high reviews in spite of those caveats, but the people who HAVE played seem to not really mind it all that much.

if you take the complaints at face value, there's a large problem with the game. the humor is forced, everything in my bank disappeared, there's weird gravity bugs, i've fallen through the world several times, etc. outside of the poor characterization, story and humor, these all seem like they did little to no testing.

obviously there's a certain fun factor that borderlands has that overcomes a lot of these kind of short comings. but to say that someone like Ut has a personal stake in the game failing is silly. it's not absurd to demand a certain level of professionalism.

on a tangential note... it was just released that troy baker didn't reprise Rhys specifically because gearbox refused to unionize. professional voice actors aren't allowed to work non-union jobs. pitchford's response to why troy baker wasn't in BL3 was simply "he turned it down."

Well said. I just think it's funny that people are choosing to dogpile so hard onto BL3 for what i think is pretty minor in today's standard of AAA companies releasing piles of garbage every year. It's a game that still feels like they put a lot of love into instead of just shitting out another sequel like Activision/EA/Ubisoft does with their main titles like CoD/Battlefield/every ubisoft game, etc.

j00t

yeah, i'd agree that the bugs are pretty similar to what other studio's put out. and i guess that's the issue. it sort of seems like studios leave QA until after the game comes out, then release a bunch of patches within a month to address bugs and balance. i mean that's stuff that should be caught in testing. i absolutely understand that certain bugs just aren't going to show up in a limited testing run, and that the more complicated the game, the more potential for bugs... but it's pretty common practice for games to be shipped broken.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
yeah, i'd agree that the bugs are pretty similar to what other studio's put out. and i guess that's the issue. it sort of seems like studios leave QA until after the game comes out, then release a bunch of patches within a month to address bugs and balance. i mean that's stuff that should be caught in testing. i absolutely understand that certain bugs just aren't going to show up in a limited testing run, and that the more complicated the game, the more potential for bugs... but it's pretty common practice for games to be shipped broken.

I blame the publisher's who give them funding and insist it has to be out by a certain date for this. Can't say I blame them for being cautious either with so many game companies failing to release a product, constantly wanting to fix change something any chance they get, which just delays it more, etc. Especially when it could just be a safe bet to put money into a low-tech, low cost mobile product with a ton of microtransactions/loot boxes for a stupid amount of profit.

Publishers, like movie studios, are too scared to take risks, so they said they promise a certain amount of funding only if they get it out by a set date and known bugs just have to remain unsquashed until later.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like a bunch of nonsense. There are many union VAs in the game (Ashly Burch I'm 100% sure of, because their stupid strike is why she didn't play Chloe in the Life is Strange prequel). And back when it first made news that Rhys had a new VA, Troy Baker directly contradicted Pitchford and said that Gearbox never even contacted him.

Also, nothing Ut said is wrong. Just depends on how much of that bothers you compared to the fun parts of the game, and it is pretty easy to overlook the bugs and other shit most of the time (barring the 'oops, your vault is empty' bug which is completely inexcusable). Personally I enjoyed it enough for a single playthrough and farming most of the gear for the completely broken Moze builds, but the moment I was forced to bend over and take their shitty loot nerf patch it went right back to Gamefly. It was an ideal rental game, not something I'd spend $60+ on.

Last edited:

j00t

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense. There are many union VAs in the game (Ashly Burch I'm 100% sure of, because their stupid strike is why she didn't play Chloe in the Life is Strange prequel). And back when it first made news that Rhys had a new VA, Troy Baker directly contradicted Pitchford and said that Gearbox never even contacted him.

i THINK there's just a lot of misunderstanding going on with both sides. pitchford said they asked baker, but he turned it down. baker said he was surprised when he saw the trailer and rhys was voiced by someone else. i'm guessing there's a third party in there somewhere, like baker's agent or something. gearbox just released a statement saying that they will hire anyone regardless of union status... which makes it sound like they didn't even understand the issue. is there only one union for voice actors? SAG-AFTRA is specifically mentioned as troy's union... is ashly burch part of a different union?

either way, i wouldn't be surprised if baker's agent was the one who contacted/was contacted for the role, but had to turn it down and the whole thing happened without troy even having any kind of part in the conversation

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Hey I’m just pointing out people (many people) are bullet pointing major fucking flaws that should be uncovered and fixed in an alpha state and it shouldn’t be tolerated. People losing their fucking items. Broken end game. Falling through the world (Last time this ever happened to me was in EQ) and then followed up by stating they are loving it.

It’s like me saying the pizza came with a soggy crust, moldy melted cheese, burnt pepperoni and cockroaches in the sauce, but holy fuck was that delicious.

Does not compute man. These aren’t minor bugs. They break the fucking thing and it looks like Pitchford is more interested in nerfing shit than fixing what could have been QA’d by someone as clueless as Brikker Brikker .

I am interested in playing it once the kinks are ironed out. But who the fuck knows when that will be.

Except even the people who are having the issues are still overall very happy with the game and agree with good far outweighs the bad. Talking like the game is in anyway a shitshow is nonsense

I personally haven't run into the bugs people are talking about and am having a blast.

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

It shouldn't be tolerated, but whats the solution? You speak with your wallet. Well, all my friends hop onto BL3 deal with the bugs, I want to play with them... what do? I am very happy with the game and have had a lot of fun with it, but also I am in 100% full agreement with you that the bugs are absurd. The choices are "do I play with my friends and deal with the bugs, or not play with my friends at all".

Want to hear the most absurd one yet? There's a soft cap on guardian tokens, because the game stores the total exp earned as a single exp number. This number, once it hits the unsigned 32-bit integer value (a little over 2.1 billion) will cause any exp earned past that point to crash the game. And what sucks? There's no way to fix it on console. On PC, you can use cheat engine and remove some exp, but then youre just reverting process.

The offline exp earning at 900% rate while online you earn at 50% rate is STILL there. The porcelain pipe bomb is still exploitable if you just dont patch your game. The old mayhem 3 loot drop rate is there if you're offline.

Yep, 2019, triple A game dev, makes a mistake like that. It's really absurd.

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
It's probably a miracle the game is as good as it is, I get the impression each planet was farmed out like the BL2 dlc was to different studios and Gearbox stitched it together with a barely intelligible plot. Elements of the game are across the map, some of the sidequests are just horrible while some are quite amazing in either terms of what they add to the game or how they unfold. It's the same with the writing, all over the map.

Someone how the game works, it's like the Bethesda games in a way; Yeah there are bugs and glitches but the good greatly outweighs the negative.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So finished the plot last night and unlocked the various endgame modes. What should we be doing? Just turn on Mayhem 1 and go to semi-random places in the game to kill bosses and things?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently it may be soy for me to say so, but I did discover the loot I didn't get from falling through the floor after the Troy fight made it into my lost loot bin (including two legendaries). Almost done with a Fl4k playthrough, and then have to decide starting up Moze or taking Fl4k or Zane through TVHM

• 2Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So finished the plot last night and unlocked the various endgame modes. What should we be doing? Just turn on Mayhem 1 and go to semi-random places in the game to kill bosses and things?
Turn on Mayhem 1, farm Graveward until your eyes bleed (read: at least level 50 and able to do Mayhem 3 reasonably well), then do trials/arenas/leftover sidequests. If you're going to bother with TVHM, then maybe skip some/most of the sidequests in the first playthrough. The only thing really important to do at level 50 before starting TVHM is Demon in the Dark and complete all of Zer0's targets, nothing else gives a reward that matters.