Borderlands 3

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well I mean its a robot...I'm fine with things that don't have sex to reproduce not having genders. French language notwithstanding I'm pretty sure my coffee maker and toaster oven are also non-gendered.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure my coffee maker and toaster oven are also non-gendered.
No Qhue, don't ever concede to their insani-AHH HHBLUURRGGRH RHRHDHXHXJC

590b43c5150000f4068c7b07.gif

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Well I mean its a robot...I'm fine with things that don't have sex to reproduce not having genders. French language notwithstanding I'm pretty sure my coffee maker and toaster oven are also non-gendered.

It's dumb because the robot is masculinized in dress and voice. 'He' would be totally fine and everyone would understand. If the bot had a more melodic voice and slender appearance you could call it 'she' and no one would fucking blink. I am only saying this now because it has already been brought up and is very minor annoyance. I am playing as transbot and did not even think it needed its own callout because the game is pretty stellar otherwise. Boring campaign story notwithstanding.

Rhys is funniest. Rhys-sphere and Siegestache are gold.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ugh I'll stop haha. I didn't even intend my statement to be a knock against the designers. I remember there was this big hoopla over it right before the game came out and I was like "why?" and now that I am playing said character, I'm asking "why?" even louder. Yeah it's big and bulky and has a (very cool) dude voice and mannerisms (greetings earthlings!!)... it was a dumb thing to make a point of highlighting in a lame as hell attempt to score ResetEra approved virtue points, and almost as dumb to completely have a meltdown over. Culture war gonna Culture war I suppose. But legit I really am enjoying the game, just hope SMGs and shit go above 10 damage at one point... until then my rocking ass pistol with 14 damage I picked up near the very beginning is still doing great.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Non-binary. Totally unnecessary detail that does nothing for anyone except the wokest of the woke
A robot being non-binary is actually quite funny. You know, computers, binary numbers, binary...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man the dialogue in this game is all over the map. Ran into this chick who wants me to kill one of the two possible guys who murdered her parents and it all played out like it was written by a 5 year old. Then I find this doctor guy who played out like 90's Will Smith and made me laugh. Not all writers are created equal after all....

• 2Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
If anyone is looking for a fast way to get a character to 50 after finishing the main story, go offline and fight the hill billies (4 mob crew challenge from zer0 in ambermire) at mayhem level 3. You can max out in about an hour. This may be old news, but offline play significantly raises experience rate and drops more legendaries than online. You have to enter the game once online through the epic launcher, quit to desktop, disable network adapter and relaunch the game.
I wanted to get all four classes to 50 before they patch (instead of just hotfix) and the "perks" for playing offline may no longer be available.
Now I have to decide which one to attempt the upcoming DLCs with first. It won't be Zane

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wait I played through the entire game as a tranny and didn’t know it? The story was pretty weak. Something something twins mad something Phoenix the end.

• 2Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wait I played through the entire game as a tranny and didn’t know it? The story was pretty weak. Something something twins mad something Phoenix the end.

Kind of meh compared to BL2. I liked the Pain and Terror fight, but the rest was meh. The characters sucked, too. None of them had the charm of the BL2 characters. Not a bad game or anything, but a solid meh on my end. I had 90 hours in the last one, and not quite 30 in this one. I'll revisit it once all the DLC has been released, but it has zero replayability at the moment.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They try way too hard to be funny in this game instead of it coming naturally with the characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah this games writing is legit all over the map, with most of it being written by the metro sexual version of that guy who took over for Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam. And I'm not a fan of the siren chicks. And I can feel it in my bones they are going to go all Deuce Ex Goddess of light with Lillith. I do have to credit this game for the best line ever "Nuttier than Squirrel Shit," but overall the writing and dialogue play out like it was written by a repressed high schooler on Prozac.

With that said Halloween was over a fucking month ago... lose the fucking skulls for the love of Christ, please! I know that stupid thing ends some time in the next day or two and it can't come fast enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know I'm basically the only person posting haha, but I had to put this somewhere. Borderlands 3 is hands down the worst written game I have ever had the displeasure of playing through. Most of the side characters are great and I love their lines and interactions. The Jakobs and Hammerlock guys are great. I love the dude in his underwear. The british accent lady on Atlas' planet and the Atlas CEO. The fucking possessed teddy bear having a ugly break up on your ship. Most of that was at least mildly amusing with much of it being downright funny. But then you have the main characters. Lillith, Ava, Maya, Tannis are just all annoying in their own way with Tannis and Ava leading the charge. Then you have what has got to be the two worst written villains in a game I have ever played of my nearly 40 years of gaming. Holy shit how did they make it past the first round of edits? Their dialogue reads like something my 10 year old daughter wrote... hell I think many of her stories' dialogue is better written. Thankfully the gameplay is amazing, and as I said the intereactions with each individual planets' main cast helps dull the pain but anytime any of those I mentioned comes on screen, my eyes and ears start to bleed in protest. And it didn't help that Eden 6 really seemed to drag on and on as well...

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I know I'm basically the only person posting haha, but I had to put this somewhere. Borderlands 3 is hands down the worst written game I have ever had the displeasure of playing through. Most of the side characters are great and I love their lines and interactions. The Jakobs and Hammerlock guys are great. I love the dude in his underwear. The british accent lady on Atlas' planet and the Atlas CEO. The fucking possessed teddy bear having a ugly break up on your ship. Most of that was at least mildly amusing with much of it being downright funny. But then you have the main characters. Lillith, Ava, Maya, Tannis are just all annoying in their own way with Tannis and Ava leading the charge. Then you have what has got to be the two worst written villains in a game I have ever played of my nearly 40 years of gaming. Holy shit how did they make it past the first round of edits? Their dialogue reads like something my 10 year old daughter wrote... hell I think many of her stories' dialogue is better written. Thankfully the gameplay is amazing, and as I said the intereactions with each individual planets' main cast helps dull the pain but anytime any of those I mentioned comes on screen, my eyes and ears start to bleed in protest. And it didn't help that Eden 6 really seemed to drag on and on as well...

I have almost come to post this exact same thing about ten times. The side characters are the only thing that makes this game seem like a BL game; the main characters and storyline must have been written by a different team because the differences are astounding. Also, it seems like planets/zones were handled the same way. They were given to discreet teams with their own idea of what constitutes a good zone and the left to their own devices. Have you noticed how the 'fun' zones have a ton of vending machines and it feels like you can legitimately pick up all the loot because you have a place close to sell it? Those were the zones designed by the competent team. The other ones where you go half a fucking planet away without a single place to sell is ridiculous. It also doesn't help that the 'lost loot machine' has no discernable rhyme or reason to what dropped or left behind loot it picks up and what it does not.