Borderlands 3

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Nice its coming to Steam on March 13th and Steam vs Epic crossplay will work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Out on Steam now and picked it up. Was 60% off but the sale expired.

Now waiting for MechWarrior 5 ...

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Been playing the new Lovecraftian DLC and it's pretty good. The new enemy types are pretty slick and the storyline / antagonists are actually much better than the main game's plot. That was actually true of the last DLC as well so it's clear they have writers who know what they are doing...they just got a little wrapped around the axle with respect to the Calypso Twins.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
just finished the main story stuff for the new DLC. I really like it as well as the setting. Did a really good job with it I was even amused with claptrap commenting on the random D&D style quest gaige sent him on to get rid of him.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I guess the extra money from being a EGS exclusive and more of the money from each sale going to the developer didnt pay off at all.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I guess the extra money from being a EGS exclusive and more of the money from each sale going to the developer didnt pay off at all.

giphy.gif

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
finished my first new DLC playthrough yesterday. didn't care about the story. didn't care it was two guys getting married. it was obvious from BL2 that Hammerlock loves the D.
I thought the boss fights were fun, challenging, and very well done. Not sure if it was the fact that I was playing on Mayhem 4 the whole time, but all shielded mobs (yellow or blue bar) were super annoying, even when matching elements. I definitely wasn't paying attention to modifiers, since I was starting from level 50 and didn't have optimal gear as I was leveling up. Once I hit max level and started collecting an arsenal of legendary guns, it got significantly easier. It's hilarious that the Lob went from an absolute trash gun to something that trivializes waves of mobs.

Overall I enjoyed it enough to do all the side missions, but I'm in no hurry to jump back in with another character or farm anything. 7/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Anyone who takes lower salary for profit sharing, especially for a snake like Randy Pitchford, is a complete fool and gets what they deserve. As a developer on a large game you have so little control over how much the game makes (never mind Hollywood accounting shenanigans) you are gambling on your livelihood with little chance of a huge win and a high chance of losing.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I dunno why but I'm amusing myself greatly just running around blowing things up with Moze. I think I'd rather be playing some new MMO, but there's a certain zen quality to mass murdering mayhem and discovering interesting quirks about the legendary guns and how they can be useful in different situations.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I really like some of the guns and their special.. Effects? Found one that is basically a bfg thwt is a giant ball and everything it passes, it shoots lightning at. I didn't stumble into thwt on my first playthrough and it feels like it's worth trying out each legendary you find at least

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It doesn't matter how fun some of the weapons were. The story was a fucking drag outside of some of the side quests/characters and the enemies were so fucking tanky that it felt like you had to put a whole clip into a basic bitch. They really missed the mark with this one.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It doesn't matter how fun some of the weapons were. The story was a fucking drag outside of some of the side quests/characters and the enemies were so fucking tanky that it felt like you had to put a whole clip into a basic bitch. They really missed the mark with this one.

Fun when it comes to a game is irrelevant? lol ok

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Much of the dialogue is hilarious. Chadd? Pappy? Lol.

Also best gun game and upgrade progression of any Borderlands game.

This is a fucking COOP masterpiece.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Fun when it comes to a game is irrelevant? lol ok

I said 'how fun some of the weapons were is irrelevant' as if that can save the rest of an unfun game. I played it and it was the least fun of the three for me.

Much of the dialogue is hilarious. Chadd? Pappy? Lol.

Also best gun game and upgrade progression of any Borderlands game.

This is a fucking COOP masterpiece.

I said that side quests had better dialogue than the main quest which was bad throughout. Also, it may be the best COOP game ever but I play single player and for a single player game it was the worst of the three all around.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really like some of the guns and their special.. Effects? Found one that is basically a bfg thwt is a giant ball and everything it passes, it shoots lightning at. I didn't stumble into thwt on my first playthrough and it feels like it's worth trying out each legendary you find at least

Sounds like you're describing The Lob. Used to be garbage, then they buffed it to the gills and it trivialised most encounters so the nerf bat felleth and now it's back to underwhelming.

The latest DLC looks like it has some nice guns in it and I think you receive a class mod via the story arc that pretty much invalidates anything that came before it. At least for Sirens.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
As per usual, I am months behind the curve. But my bud and I got this on sale and have been playing it of late.

Clearly I am in the minority here, but I am not all that impressed with the game. It looks and runs great, the gunplay is fine.

But here are my personal gripes and opinions:

(1) The game is simply a series of arenas where a shit can of mobs spawn (repeatedly) and you fight through them and then move to the next arena. The flow of the game is disjointed an inconsistent as a result. Also, stop spawning shit on top and behind me, it is fucking annoying.

(2) The story is completely forgettable, the NPCs talk for so long (unskippable), and the antagonists are retarded. The humor is overly forced and juvenile. About 1 in 20 jokes/lines I actually find amusing.

(3) There's too much fucking loot. Too many boxes and shit to open. It is a massive waste of design as you just end up picking up purples and oranges. Edit - There are too many "specials" on guns. There was a time you got a weapon with a red line description and you got excited to see what it did. It seems like every high end weapon has a different one and I can't find myself caring at all.

(4) The zones are too damn big. A game should have you WANTING to search all the nooks and crannies for extra stuff. After a while we just started to skip everything not on a direct route to the objective. We also started skipping side missions in favor of just finishing the game to see if we actually have enough interest to even do them.

(5) The mobs have just a smidge too much health. It is not much, but it is just enough to make the pace of shoot, kill, repeat feel off a little.

(6) The Gundam mech boss you fight with Ice Cube teddy bear is the worst boss fight I have ever seen. I think I had a seizure.

I will def get my money's worth out of the game, but I have gradually lost interest in the franchise since 1. I am also in the minority in that I like 1 the best, 2 was okay and 3 is the worst.

Fucker

Log Wizard
As per usual, I am months behind the curve. But my bud and I got this on sale and have been playing it of late.

Clearly I am in the minority here, but I am not all that impressed with the game. It looks and runs great, the gunplay is fine.

But here are my personal gripes and opinions:

(1) The game is simply a series of arenas where a shit can of mobs spawn (repeatedly) and you fight through them and then move to the next arena. The flow of the game is disjointed an inconsistent as a result. Also, stop spawning shit on top and behind me, it is fucking annoying.

(2) The story is completely forgettable, the NPCs talk for so long (unskippable), and the antagonists are retarded. The humor is overly forced and juvenile. About 1 in 20 jokes/lines I actually find amusing.

(3) There's too much fucking loot. Too many boxes and shit to open. It is a massive waste of design as you just end up picking up purples and oranges. Edit - There are too many "specials" on guns. There was a time you got a weapon with a red line description and you got excited to see what it did. It seems like every high end weapon has a different one and I can't find myself caring at all.

(4) The zones are too damn big. A game should have you WANTING to search all the nooks and crannies for extra stuff. After a while we just started to skip everything not on a direct route to the objective. We also started skipping side missions in favor of just finishing the game to see if we actually have enough interest to even do them.

(5) The mobs have just a smidge too much health. It is not much, but it is just enough to make the pace of shoot, kill, repeat feel off a little.

(6) The Gundam mech boss you fight with Ice Cube teddy bear is the worst boss fight I have ever seen. I think I had a seizure.

I will def get my money's worth out of the game, but I have gradually lost interest in the franchise since 1. I am also in the minority in that I like 1 the best, 2 was okay and 3 is the worst.

I don't think you are in the minority. The game is completely meh. To make things worse, the Epic launcher sucks balls. I reinstalled my OS and it wouldn't recognize the BL3 folder at all. No fucking way am I going to download that thing again, or ever use that POS Epic launcher.

The game has ONE BILLION WEAPONS, yet all of them are garbage. They nerfed the few good ones they had for no particular reason. At the end of BL2, I had some bad-assed characters. The end character in BL3 is exactly the same as it was at the start. Why play more?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is Moze + those splitting orbiting grenaades that spew lightning everywhere still broken as shit or did they fix it.