Borderlands 3

spronk

FPS noob
only highly sensitive force trained jedi with extreme midichlorian levels can tell the difference

it is a different actor, sounds basically the same

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was a whole issue around the voice for Claptrap having pissed off Randy and being excommunicated from the team, etc. and then they supposedly had some shitty voice actor fill in and it pissed everybody off.

I'm only a bit into the game here but it sounds like the normal old guy to me. Did Randy cave and hire him back or do I just have a shitty sense of hearing?
The latter. There's definitely a difference but people overreact.

My issue is the XBox One version isn't as easy as the PS3 BL2 version. In that players can easily join and drop. Even a 5yo can do it. This version? I'm stumped.
20190913_205526.jpg

Please help

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I legitimately couldn't tell the difference in the Commander Lilith DLC for BL2 but it was super obvious to me on the BL3 trailers.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
word on the street is that the DRM has a keylogger in it as well. apparently some of the people working on the crack are having their mouse freeze up OUT of game while they are trying to decrypt denuvo. so, that could be pretty juicy if it turns out to be true

j00t

View attachment 222891

The screenshot shows Bytes/s that's no where near 2MB/s even across all of those connections.

i didn't read all the details, but people have debunked that, i guess. there IS some denuvo shenanigans going on behind the scenes and that seems to be what's causing some optimization issues, but the 2mb/s nonsense isn't it.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
word on the street is that the DRM has a keylogger in it as well. apparently some of the people working on the crack are having their mouse freeze up OUT of game while they are trying to decrypt denuvo. so, that could be pretty juicy if it turns out to be true

There seem to be a lot of words about the game. IMO people just have a bullshit vendetta. IE the streamer thing.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Someone play this shit with me, dammit.

Not tonight though I'm done with today. Going to bed. But Hodj on epic games. Lets do this shit.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The split screen lag struggle is real, holy shit. UI runs at like 5fps in general and opening inventory for either person just makes the game shit the bed.

Also live action Lilith is fucking creepy.

• 1Like

j00t

There seem to be a lot of words about the game. IMO people just have a bullshit vendetta. IE the streamer thing.
i mean, i'll be the first to admit that epic store exclusivity and all the silly things pitchford has done isn't REALLY all that big of a deal and is kind of petty... but if they REALLY put a keylogger in the DRM that should be all it takes for people to get the pitchforks

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
i mean, i'll be the first to admit that epic store exclusivity and all the silly things pitchford has done isn't REALLY all that big of a deal and is kind of petty... but if they REALLY put a keylogger in the DRM that should be all it takes for people to get the pitchforks

Why would a company put a keylogger in a game? What’s the benefit?

• 1Like

j00t

Why would a company put a keylogger in a game? What’s the benefit?

from what i can tell, and if it's actually in there, it's designed as an extra layer of security for breaking DRM. if it detects that you are doing certain things, using certain programs, trying to decrypt certain files, it freezes your mouse and keyboard. it's not like they are trying to steal your passwords or anything. the issue is that it's using an invasive program without letting people know. even if they aren't using to steal passwords or anything, it sets a precedent that it's okay to invade your privacy without any kind of warning. i mean DRM in the first place is problematic because it only harms the people who legitimately bought the game. you can say that it's just a failsafe against piracy but it's the exact same argument as illegal wiretapping and saying "if you aren't breaking the law you have nothing to hide"

also, whether or not gearbox is doing this, i honestly doubt, but personal information is one of the most profitable pieces of information a company can have. on an individual level it doesn't really make sense for borderlands 3 to also want to steal your information, but on a global scale, gearbox has also proven to be unethical enough to gather that information and then sell it.

edit: for what it's worth, i don't really have a horse in this race. i don't THINK there's a keylogger in there anywhere, but i also wouldn't be surprised if there was.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
After spending two failed hours trying to get split screen to work, my friends are shit faced so i played by myself.
Gorgeous game and the quality of life adjustments are cherry. Turns out i played for 5 hours like it was nothing.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The latter. There's definitely a difference but people overreact.

My issue is the XBox One version isn't as easy as the PS3 BL2 version. In that players can easily join and drop. Even a 5yo can do it. This version? I'm stumped.View attachment 222883
Please help

It’s exactly what it says. You can’t split with a guest profile. It has to be another users live profile woth an active subscription.

This is split screen for two accounts. Not old days halo where guests can play too

j00t

It’s exactly what it says. You can’t split with a guest profile. It has to be another users live profile woth an active subscription.

This is split screen for two accounts. Not old days halo where guests can play too

uh. is that the norm now? i BARELY play my consoles and i never do co-op anymore, but that just seems silly. like why even do split screen then?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The only other thing I can think of is apparently Borderlands 3 has a twitch interraction where streaming it lets viewers interract and see character stats, even participate in special events that affect gameplay too. like spawning chests or something like that.

Ya, the game has heavy twitch integration. I was watching Strippin the other day and people in his chat (name wise) would appear as badass mobs, people could vote on what type of loot would spawn, etc.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
uh. is that the norm now? i BARELY play my consoles and i never do co-op anymore, but that just seems silly. like why even do split screen then?

It’s like that a lot. Some games you don’t need to live active you just need a 2nd full Xbox profile but not a gues