Borderlands 3

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I am not enjoying TVHM as much as I would like, could be that I have Mayhem turned on but I keep getting one shot by badasses and anointed mobs while being able to melt bosses. Also I suck at fpshooters, yes, but this is different. I get overwhelmed all the time and that is just me being bad, I am talking about going from full shield/health to dead in a single hit. It is... frustrating.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TVHM seems completely pointless compared to just playing normal mode on Mayhem 3.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm assuming this is a game I'm going to enjoy like every previous iteration, and with that said, I can wait until it's available for $20 if I'm in no current rush to play it?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Since matchmaking on PC doesn't work very well (and thats being optimistic) it might be better to wait for a bit.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Just finished the slaughter event solo on mayhem 3.

Not a single legendary dropped, and since I didn't die midway, I ran out of ammo in the last spawn of round 5. I had to melee down a lot of shit.

Don't do this event if you are looking for fast xp / loot. In fact in its current state, I don't know why anyone would do it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just finished the slaughter event solo on mayhem 3.

Not a single legendary dropped
If you're playing solo anyway, can you not just go offline before launching the game on PC and avoid the hotfix? On consoles I don't even think it matters if you've played with the hotfix at some point; restarting the game without internet on PS4 rolls it all the way back to the day 1 patch.

really, is this true?
AFAIK the only reason to bother with TVHM is if you want to get certain quest rewards as L50 items.

Last edited:

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Finally finished the first playthrough tonight. wow.
Had two random crashes, including one right after the Troy fight, but this was definitely one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences. very well done.
I played the shit out of BL2, so I hope I get as much replay value with this one.
The hardest part for me was the anointed Billy fight, and he didn't even have a boss health bar. I tried to do most of the sidequests, but toward the end, I was afraid of getting overleveled. Looking forward to checking them out in TVHM. The BL2 free expansion coming out a few months ago really wet my whistle in anticipation for this, and I honestly feel like it was a worthy addition to one of the best franchises in gaming. great game

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
just pipe bomb every boss mob. Its stupid easy with that damn thing. 0 fucking challenge! Fighting Trash mobs on mayhem 3 is more fun then the actual boss encounters.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
i meant to say legendary. look at this shit. This is how fast they fucking drop. Tyreen is a bit longer, because of how her encounter works, but the pipe bomb nade is broken. I took this video earlier.

Oh yes that pipe bomb thing is totally and obviously broken. It apparently gets stuck inside big monsters and just shits out bomblets which just incinierate them. I got it but its going in the bank I kinda want to see how things are supposed to work and there is zero chance they don't fix/remove that pipe bomb with the first actual patch that goes out.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Music can be subtle but fucking amazing sometimes.
The interesting thing is the sound track/composer for each world is different so they all have their own vibe that is subtle but really works well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who could imagine that the incompetent tards that straight up ruined a game with a single item (The Bee) might continue to have problems with item balance in the future?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In a game series that has purposely thrown out conventional wisdom in physics with their weapons... Certain weapons being imbalanced isn't really that big of a surprise. I'd rather they be creative with what weapons can do instead of worried about the fallout of a gun that shoots guns or grenades that infinitely mirv

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who could imagine that the incompetent tards that straight up ruined a game with a single item (The Bee) might continue to have problems with item balance in the future?
It is not that it is op that pipe bomb is literally broken. On big bosses it seems to clip inside of them so all secondary hits always hit the boss.